Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-03-2005, 07:06 AM   #1
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Location: 18-53 College Point Blvd, Ste 14DJ, Flushing, NY 11356
FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Thumbs up Ivy Snitzer(?) on Cold Case last night

Did anyone here watch COLD CASE last night? The gal who played the humiliated fat wrestler on BOSTON PUBLIC last year (or was that two years ago?) was the star of the story line, and she was wonderful. I think she was also the same actress who was in SHALLOW HAL, but I could be mixing up my fat actresses. This young lady is blonde, strikingly blue-eyed, and very pretty. Anybody know for sure who she is? TV GUIDE didn't name her in their synopsis, which they often do, but why am I not surprised?

There were also some other large lovelies featured. Sadly, the story line was upsetting, but I think it was handled very well by the writers, who obviously had a feel for what it's like to be a fat woman in today's climate.

If you missed it, I'm sure it'll be on reruns, sooner rather than later, and I'll try to alert you when it'll be on. I knew it was going to be aired last night, but had no idea it might be something that my fellow boardites would find of special interest. I didn't even tape it, although I usually would, because football on CBS on Sunday afternoons usually eats into their schedule, causing the evening's shows to be pushed back to a time of which you can't be certain. I suspect that when it's re-aired, football season will be over...at least I hope it will.~Bountifully, Fuchsia

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt
FEast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 AM   #2
PooPooMcGoo
On Timeout

PooPooMcGoo has said some nice things
Default Not Ivy...

Hi,

The actresses name is Lindsay Hollister. She was on Boston Public, but not on Shallow Hal. She has been on some of the hottest shows on the air.

Here is her site: www.LindsayHollister.com
PooPooMcGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That was a good episode of Cold Case, and the fat actress was Lindsay Hollister. I was sad to see her character written out of Boston Public, but she's been a guest star in a lot of shows since then.

Ivy Snitzer was the fat body double in Shallow Hal, but I don't think she's been in much since then. Believe it or not, this is one of my favorite movies. Despite the fat jokes, the shallow jerk comes to his senses before the end, and the fat girl wins! Kinda reminds me of my husband before he mended his ways and realized that his soulmate was in a supersize package too.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 07:48 AM   #4
FEast
Bountifulicious!

FEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticedFEast never has a post go unnoticed
Cool Oops! My bad!

Thanks for setting me straight, Poo! Lindsay was really good last night, and I look forward to seeing her again when it's re-aired. She's a wonderful actress!

BTW, I've e-mailed her, her talent agent, and CBS, in the hopes of seeing more of her. I hope everybody else here will, too. With the link you provided to her site, I was able to reach her and her talent agent. The e-mail address for CBS feedback is http://www.cbs.com/info/user_service...bal_form.shtml. Hmmm, wonder why that's not coming up as a link? I put the right code around it... Anybody? ~Bountifully, Fuchsia

Quote:
Originally Posted by PooPooMcGoo
Hi,

The actresses name is Lindsay Hollister. She was on Boston Public, but not on Shallow Hal. She has been on some of the hottest shows on the air.

Here is her site: www.LindsayHollister.com

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." :bow: ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by FEast; 10-03-2005 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 AM   #5
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default I Caught the Episode

Most <I>Cold Case</I> episodes have a deep undertone of sadness to 'em (these, after all, are forgotten murder victims) and this 'un was no exception. I thought the basic plotline, which revolved around fat-bashing, was decently handled, too - and definitely thought Miz Hollister was as attractive as all get-out. Loved the opening scene where we see her happily dancing in her bedroom . . .
Wilson Barbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

She was an attendee at NAAFA this year, and was as nice and approachable as she is talented. Her BF was very nice as well..... nice to see her career continuing along at a nice clip!

Old 10-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
FEast
Bountifulicious!

Red face Lindsay Hollister replied to my e-mail to her!

She writes as sweetly as she appears on television. She's glad that we've written to CBS, but also urges us to write the production companies. If you, too, would like to send her your compliments and encouragement, her e-mail addy is LindsayHollister@aol.com.~Bountifully, Fuchsia

Old 10-05-2005, 01:13 AM   #8
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I saw that episode of Cold Case, very good actress.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I saw it. She is very pretty!
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 10:20 PM   #10
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

She did a great job. I was fortunate enough to see her lecture at the Naafa convention. It's true what they say, the camera does add poundage, at the convention, she appeared much smaller then on the cold case episode.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #11
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The title of this thread begs the question: What has Ivy Snitzer been up to these days? I heard that she went into live theater right after Shallow Hal, but then she disappeared from the radar.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:02 PM   #12
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Back to college?

http://www.thedailystar.com/news/sto...2/shallow.html
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:17 AM   #13
TallFatSue
On Timeout

Yep, I remember reading that article 3 years ago, but I haven't heard a peep about Ivy Snitzer since then.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:02 AM   #14
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Maybe there aren't enough movies about fat people being made...

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:56 PM   #15
MasterMike

MasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMasterMike can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Lindsey Hollister is a good actress and a lovely BBW. It's good that she's still getting work. But we haven't heard much of anything from Ivy Snitzer since [B][I]Shallow Hal[B][I]! As you said, she went back to community and then seemed to disappear off the radar entirely. And is it true that she got married? I wish she would return to acting because there ain't enough actresses in Hollywood who look like her and she is beautiful.
MasterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #16
rich_edwards79

rich_edwards79 has said some nice things

Well what a sight to greet me on my return to Dimensions lol! A veritable cutie I for one would love to see more of her - I don't watch much TV but could be persuaded if there were more girls like Lindsey on a regular basis...
rich_edwards79 is offline   Reply With Quote