Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default chocolate haggis!

It just doesn't get any better, does it? According to the Guardian, a chocolatier has developed a haggis-flavored chocolate, which is also vegetarian. I want one! But since they will probably be unavailable in Oklahoma for some time (i.e., forever ), I hope Ruby or one of our other Scots correspondents will sample the delicacy and report back.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #2
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Haggis like sheep gizzards?
Nutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #3
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever

Mystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Um, wow. Okay then.

And it's heart, liver and lungs usually, but I think they use other organs sometimes too.

Last edited by Mystic Rain; 04-11-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Mystic Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Nutty

Nutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized repNutty has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic Rain View Post

And it's heart, liver and lungs usually, but I think they use other organs sometimes too.
ugh that and chocolate! yuck!
Old 04-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #5
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty View Post
ugh that and chocolate! yuck!
Haggis is a sausage made with sheep's "pluck" (heart, liver, lungs) mixed with oatmeal, suet, onion, salt, spices, broth and usually stuffed into the sheep stomach and simmered for about 3 hours. I honestly cannot think of a worse idea for a chocolate unless it's Crunchy Frog or Ram's Bladder Cup
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
Nutty

"Haggis is a sausage made with sheep's "pluck" (heart, liver, lungs) mixed with oatmeal, suet, onion, salt, spices, broth and usually stuffed into the sheep stomach and simmered for about 3 hour"s.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:54 PM   #7
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think Haggis is quite tasty.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #8
Nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
I think Haggis is quite tasty.
with chocolate?
Old 04-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #9
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
with chocolate?
sorry, I was thinking about this Haggis

and I know for a fact that they go well with chocolate. mmmmmmm
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:09 PM   #10
Nutty

ohh! lol
Old 04-13-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
with chocolate?
I'm finding that chocolate goes with a lot more things than I ever thought. For instance, tonight I had dinner at an Indian restaurant, and they had a dessert selection called 'carrot pudding.' It turned out to be carrot curls in chocolate sauce, and it was great! So maybe it's haggis's turn...
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 PM   #12
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I'm finding that chocolate goes with a lot more things than I ever thought. For instance, tonight I had dinner at an Indian restaurant, and they had a dessert selection called 'carrot pudding.' It turned out to be carrot curls in chocolate sauce, and it was great! So maybe it's haggis's turn...
but carrots are not made out of sheep's liver, lungs and heart.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #13
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Admittedly I havent read the article, but what the hell is it made of if it's suitable for vegetarians??!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:39 PM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

It's made of chocolate: the chocolatier flavors it with nutmeg, mace, and black pepper to give it a haggis flavor.
Old 04-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #15
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
It's made of chocolate: the chocolatier flavors it with nutmeg, mace, and black pepper to give it a haggis flavor.
That doesn't sound gross at all, actually. So it's flavoured with the seasonings used on haggis then? It's not meant to taste like the entrails and meaty bits?
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #16
Tanuki
Bear. Rawr~!

Tanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTanuki is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love chocolate and I love haggis.. this is win win!
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #17
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I haven't tasted these. I'm not a huge chocolate fan, so I doubt I would spend the money on going to Edinburgh and buying one However, I do know a Edinburgh based FA that reads these forums. Perhaps he can try one and report back!

ps. Yet again... for those of you that have never tried haggis, stop with the ewwwww!!ing. There is nothing worse in haggis, and probably everything better in it, than you will find in a frankfurter or sausage.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote