Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: Which will the winner be?
Chubby Bubbles' Tofu Parmigiana 4 21.05%
Jamie's Eggless Tofu Spinach Quiche 11 57.89%
Friday's Savory Bagel Spread 2 10.53%
HottiMegan's Pumpkin Pie 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2008, 02:28 PM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Choose a Tofu-riffic Winner!

Vote for your favorite in the September Iron Foodee Challenge.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
lypeaches

lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lypeaches has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm sorry this is over already...I meant to try a new tofu recipe and just never got around to it!
lypeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 AM   #3
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Congratulations on winning this month's challenge Jamie!

I hated tofu the one time I tried it, but so many people can't be wrong, maybe i just had.. bad tofu! The photo of your dish looks fantastic, and the sweet potato "crust" finished it for me! I love sweet potatoes and my hands are too hot for making good pastry, so this looks ideal to try!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:02 AM   #4
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank Ruby! I loved the flavor of the sweet potatoes and the quiche, but I wish they had been crispier. Make sure you cut them thinly and let them get golden brown on the bottom. I used a clear glass baking dish so I could see them. The flavor combo is great though.

I have a recipe for sweet potato and black bean burritos/quesadillas if you are ever interested. It has become a favorite in our house.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #5
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Thank Ruby! I loved the flavor of the sweet potatoes and the quiche, but I wish they had been crispier. Make sure you cut them thinly and let them get golden brown on the bottom. I used a clear glass baking dish so I could see them. The flavor combo is great though.

I have a recipe for sweet potato and black bean burritos/quesadillas if you are ever interested. It has become a favorite in our house.

I have my trusty Borner Mandolin which I can use to slice the sweet potatoes. I wouldn't mind if they didnt come out crisp though, as they're tasty anyway. I will use one of my clear pyrex dishes when I try it, thanks for the tip! The burrito recipe sounds good, although beans tend to make me feel like Violet Beauregard, so I better give it a miss
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote