Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-25-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
FullFigrsRule39
On Timeout

Location: New York, New York... if you make it here, you can make it any where!
FullFigrsRule39 has said some nice things
Default OT: Problems from Birth Control Pills

Hey, has anyone here heard/experienced this problem with birth control pills... a lack/loss of sex drive for the woman using the pills?

Last edited by FullFigrsRule39; 10-25-2005 at 06:26 PM.
FullFigrsRule39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 09:53 AM   #2
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFigrsRule39
Hey, has anyone hear heard/experienced this problem with birth control pills... a lack/loss of sex drive for the woman using the pills?
It happens. Low progesterone, or the dominance of estrogen, can often precede a woman's lack of libido. I haven't experienced it myself, but it's a known side effect, because hormonal birth control obviously effects hormones! However, there are all sorts of formulations of the Pill out there, now, so mixin' it up might be a thought. Or, non-hormonal BC (some type of barrier method.

Love,
A Planned Parenthood volunteer,
Jes
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oddly enough, there was an article in the Globe & Mail today looking at this sort of issue, with findings that women on the pill, over 150 pounds, and with more education were all more apt to have various sexual issues.

The article on-line is at:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...enceandHealth/

-Ed
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
big_ass_annie
On Timeout

big_ass_annie has said some nice things
Lightbulb Pill Problems...

Triphasic birth control pills (ones that have 3 different doses of estrogen, ie., TRIphasil, OrthoTRIcyclen, OrthTRIcyclen Lo, TRIlevlen) are notorious for causing decreased libido/sex drive. Very easy to rectify...have your healthcare provider (hopefully a female Nurse Practitioner ) change your pill to a monophasic (one with a constant single dose of estrogen) such as Yasmin or one that has a higher androgen (male hormone) level. Hope this helps...
big_ass_annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 08:49 AM   #5
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

I never took birth control pills because of their tendency to raise blood pressure. Instead, I was on the Depo shot. I loved it, and if anything I had an increase in libido. Also my periods disappeared while I was on it (which is common and safe), and I'm only now just getting it back, and it's been well over a year since my last shot. Only thing is, Depo tends to make you gain a bit of weight, heh.

~Aurora
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote