Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 03-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #101
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucca23v2 View Post
oh I am sure plenty of people want to send you things.. just not sure sending clothes is the best option.. since it might be a better pic with less clothes...
hm yes, on second thought i do have some constructive advice about your work outfit. first, trousers are over rated; you should prob take them off. the color on the shirt really looks great on you, but i suggest unbuttoning all the buttons and simply leaving it open for a more modern look.
terpsichore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:52 PM   #102
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsichore View Post
oh my. a) those eyes. heart-melting.

b) you rock the formal wear! you and BL both have a great eye for colors that stand out in a good way and compliment your skin tone and features. love the cut of the suits too, and the satin ties. you may have me re-thinking my anti-necktie stance for a minute, because you do look great in them.
A good tie can make or break an outfit. I tend to go for ties that are of the same color as the rest of the outfit, but usually satin or with a nice sheen. Or, something garish. I really like pink ties with blue.

Thanks for the compliments.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #103
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
hm yes, on second thought i do have some constructive advice about your work outfit. first, trousers are over rated; you should prob take them off. the color on the shirt really looks great on you, but i suggest unbuttoning all the buttons and simply leaving it open for a more modern look.
Exactly what I was thinking...
lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:09 PM   #104
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
A good tie can make or break an outfit. I tend to go for ties that are of the same color as the rest of the outfit, but usually satin or with a nice sheen. Or, something garish. I really like pink ties with blue.

I tend to go the opposite with ties. Usually they match my socks, or will match a color that my shirt has a very small amount of. Helps it pop more, for me at least.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:55 PM   #105
Mordecai

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

I usually go with solid colors, with varying shades. Especially with my pinstriped suits.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #106
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Ties SUCK!!!! I HATE TIES!!!

Since I have to wear the god awful things I protest by only wearing ties I purchase for a dollar or less at thrift stores.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 01:25 PM   #107
Mordecai

I rarely have to dress up, but, truth be told, I dislike wearing formal wear.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #108
Mordecai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Let's focus on this outfit of yours instead. Spectacular. A fitting model for the rest of the board, though if anyone wanted to zoom out a bit more, I don't think we'd complain.
Don't tempt me.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:19 PM   #109
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
I rarely have to dress up, but, truth be told, I dislike wearing formal wear.
You hide that exceptionally well!
Nobody who is so good at something - see purple tie & waistcoat, awesome, bold & fashionable choice - can honestly dislike it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post

Since I have to wear the god awful things I protest by only wearing ties I purchase for a dollar or less at thrift stores.
Weren't you the one who was complaining on the other board that BBW never paid any attention to you?
Could this be somehow related to your dress and the attitude it radiates????
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #110
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzi View Post

Weren't you the one who was complaining on the other board that BBW never paid any attention to you?
Could this be somehow related to your dress and the attitude it radiates????
I said I was paid much less attention during fatter periods. I said that if a BHM wants to get more play a gym membership is a far better investment than dropping hundreds (if not thousands) on fancy clothes.

If a BHM isn't getting any play wearing khakis and polo shirt from Target or Walmart its unlikely a $900 suit will change anything -- other than making him more poor of course. The idea that a positive attitude and more expensive possessions will cure what ails you are very American ideas -- ideas I reject.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:43 PM   #111
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^I think that was directed more at the guys who already dress very badly....

but are otherwise within range. As in however far down the scale you go in either area, the simplest or least investment will be a more marked improvement. Like, if you're walking around in a bath-robe and sweatpants, switching to a fitted pair of pants or jeans of any kind (that fit) with a belt is a huge upgrade. If you really need a haircut, even a not-so good haircut looks a lot better.

If you wear your hair long and shaggy, the need for a haircut and its immediate benefit is somewhat less noticeable. But it still looks better.

If you have a very poor attitude (nasty, rude, belligerent, etc...or a complainer) just keeping quiet, smiling-politely will have a more noticeable benefit than, say, for a roughly comparable guy who has an okay personality that is just acting a little bit friendlier than he normally would.

So, it's all quite relative. And, given a competitive playing field, each incremental advantage is not being measured independently against some other. It's the cumulative effect off all of these things taken into account at one time.

We generally don't get to see this at work because we are so rarely even able to make a true apples to apples comparisons. If we're much more or less fit, it also tends to go without saying that some time has also past. So, then it's not really a case of all things being equal. Clothes, on the other hand, we can change pretty quickly. Although, it would also probably take a certain amount to time to be noticeably dressing much better on the whole. Which, I think, also counts for something besides whatever an individual happens to be wearing at the moment.

@agouderia: What's a "faded-vulture?" I googled-it and must admit to not really knowing what you mean.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #112
Mordecai

I keep buying argyle.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 PM   #113
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Don't tempt me.
That's terrible advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
@agouderia: What's a "faded-vulture?" I googled-it and must admit to not really knowing what you mean.
I believe this might be your answer?

-

What's with all the tie hate? Is there some extreme discomfort that I'm ignorant of, never having worn one? I actually really like the idea of a small, exceptionally tailored me-sized suit. It just seems a lot more appealing to me than the typical female versions of suits (though I have no issue with dresses.) It also seems like one of the few ways that a woman could dress is a completely masculine manner.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #114
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ties do look incredibly uncomfortable and constricting. My big guy loathes them. He's strictly a Dockers, jeans and polo kind of guy. Being in IT&S has advantages I guess since polos and Dockers tend to be their "uniform" of choice.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #115
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Think about what you can do with them after you take them off...

IJS...lol
Old 03-16-2014, 05:42 PM   #116
bigmac

Quote:

IJS...lol
We have a sleigh bed -- no posts to tie things to --
Old 03-16-2014, 05:48 PM   #117
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Quote:
you can use them as blind folds... there are...ummm.. nevermind... that would be an overshare..lol
Old 03-16-2014, 05:51 PM   #118
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

IJS...lol
Quote:
Wrist leash! No news to tie to anything.
Just a thought.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:55 PM   #119
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Wrist leash! No news to tie to anything.
Just a thought.
Wrists also tie well to each other and to ankles. Food for thought.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 06:26 PM   #120
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
Wrists also tie well to each other and to ankles. Food for thought.
Wrist Leash is better and safer, when you let go you can part your hands if its knotted you can't. Can't disagree on ankles though.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:44 PM   #121
terpsichore

terpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot picsterpsichore does more than just post hot pics

idk, just squish me. no need for ties.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:12 AM   #122
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like more than one type of fashion for a guy. Sometimes it depends on their personality as well. I like a guy in uniform, but in the same breath a guy in a flannel or plaid tshirt and jeans could just make me go crazy. Or a nice collared or polo shirt and nice dress pants. Just as long as you put a little time and effort into how you present yourself. Or a guy in those army type pants with the side pockets, boots and a t-shirt. That'd kill me.
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:02 AM   #123
biglynch

Quote:
idk, just squish me. no need for ties.
Its on!
Bring beer and snacks.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #124
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

Nothing but a bunch of pervs!

I LOVE DIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:25 AM   #125
terpsichore

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Its on!
Bring beer and snacks.
if one day you wake to find an american on your doorstep holding a pizza and case of beer, dressed in a long peacoat and stiletto boots (only lace panties underneath, of course)...don't say you didn't invite me!

hmmm, now i think about it, maybe a tie would be useful. most guys i've been with are frustratingly reluctant to give me a proper full-weight squishing. perhaps a gentle-but-persuasive tie flogging will render the next gentleman more cooperative.

Last edited by terpsichore; 03-17-2014 at 07:40 AM.