Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-14-2007, 12:40 AM   #1
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Chocolate with chile powder

Who knew it was soooo good?

When I was in Portland last month, visitin' Rainy, I made a run to Moonstruck and spent waaaaay too much money on chocolate. I've been munching on it slowly since then, savoring its goodness (Burtimus likes the mint tingles which are refreshing and very light) but I had two chocolate bars that I knew I probably wouldn't be totally into -- the chile variado chocolate bar and the ivory chocolate bar. Both came in the set below, and I wasn't sure how into them I'd be, so they were sitting around, uneaten. I went to a little party today, brought them to share, and they were a hit. I had no idea that chile and chocolate went so well together. The first bite is of the chocolate.... bliss. Then you get a little afterglow..... then an afterburn..... which is also, surprisingly, blissful.

And addictive? Oh heck yeah. We kept breaking off pieces, saying, "oooooh" and "aaaaahhhh", fanning our mouths and digging in for another piece. Great stuff!

Anyone know of any other good chocolate that has chile pepper in it? This stuff has definitely peaked my interest and I'm wondering how common a combo this is. I liked it!

Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 AM   #2
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

Whenever I make chilli I always add cocoa to it, makes the chilli really rich. Dont usually tell people when I get them to try, but they always like it!
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

I've been making chili chocolate chip cookies for about 15 years now!
Just use any basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and add 1, 2 or 3 tablespoons to the mix depending on how hot you want it!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 AM   #4
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked View Post
I've been making chili chocolate chip cookies for about 15 years now!
Just use any basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and add 1, 2 or 3 tablespoons to the mix depending on how hot you want it!!
tablespoons????
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
tablespoons????
Yes, tablespoons1

I usually stick to one, one and a half.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
Old 06-14-2007, 07:37 AM   #6
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked View Post
Yes, tablespoons1

I usually stick to one, one and a half.
Oh my goodness! That's like three soupspoons of chilli. I'd die!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #7
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Vick, have you seen the wonderful film, Chocolat? Chili powder seems to be the secret ingredient in some of her concoctions.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 04:36 PM   #8
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Oh my goodness! That's like three soupspoons of chilli. I'd die!
And actually, it needs to be actual "chili powder" not the stuff for tacos that also has cumin and onion and garlic powders mixed in.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
Old 06-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

www.cowgirlchocolates.com

I think I'm going to have to try the hazelnut toffee.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 06:01 PM   #10
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tina, I loved that movie, as well as "Like Water for Chocolate" (I think that's the name of it). Gee, sense a theme here?

I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try to make chocolate with chili powder in it, but it sure tasted good to try. It was divine.
Old 06-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #11
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yes, I like both of those films, too. Very different feels to them, but both excellent.
Vick, why not make a cup of hot chocolate that way? If you make it yourself you can always adjust the hotness.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 09:25 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh My. I need to get me soma that!
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #13
gameguy

gameguy can now change their title

I know it seems odd, but the chili really does add to the chocolate pleasure. I'm not sure about tablespoons of the stuff, but a dash in my hot cocoa makes all the difference.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:41 PM   #14
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I've been hearing about chocolate/chili combos for a while now and I've been meaning to try some.I've heard *really* good things about Vosges chocolates.Vosges has had a chocolate/chili bar in their lineup for quite some time now and that is only one of many offbeat flavor combos they offer.The only thing that has stopped me from ordering is that they are rather expensive and I hesitate to order something pricey that I may or may not care for.Here is the link:
http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 PM   #15
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Vickie( I first had typed Tina..I know you are not conjoined...*L* ), have you thought about experimenting and making sauces with that chili chocolate? I thought mole when I saw this post
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:04 AM   #16
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I couldn't take the heat, but Mr. Habit loves it.

They also seem to have it in bar form.

www.dagobachocolate.com
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:20 AM   #17
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post

www.dagobachocolate.com
Thanks for posting that. I know a few people who will love it!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #18
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Thanks for posting that. I know a few people who will love it!
Glad to be of service.
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:56 AM   #19
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Letiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot pics

In Mexico, the Indians used to put chili in their chocolate. They still do. I don't recall which kind.

They also use a concoction of chile and chocolate to make 'mole' sauce (pronounced moh-ley) for a main dish with either chicken or turkey and it's delicious!
Letiahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM   #20
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Letiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot pics

Quote:

www.dagobachocolate.com
And the Mexican Indians did refer to chocolate as 'xocolatl'! Cool!
Letiahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #21
gameguy

Quote:

www.dagobachocolate.com
Getting my hands on some of this has just become priority alpha...

To the justice mobile!!
Old 06-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #22
Miss Vickie

Quote:

www.dagobachocolate.com
Oh wow. With cinnamon? Now you're reeeeeallly pushing my buttons. That looks divine! And Tina, I'll definitely try the hot chocolate idea. Do you know what kind of chili powder to use?

Mossy, I love mole. It's delicious, isn't it?
Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 PM   #23
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Has anyone else realized yet that Dagobah was the swampy planet that Yoda went in to hiding on in the Star Wars movies? Can't seem to get past that mental block....
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 08:38 AM   #24
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Has anyone else realized yet that Dagobah was the swampy planet that Yoda went in to hiding on in the Star Wars movies? Can't seem to get past that mental block....
I only noticed it once you pointed it out! I was pronouncing it in a completely different manner.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
Old 06-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #25
gameguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Well, if it's good enough for a Jedi master, it's good enough for me.