Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-18-2005, 02:10 AM   #1
Braveuk

Braveuk has said some nice things
Smile Back to Dimensions

HELOOO!

Just a quick hello to anyone who remembers me.
Just returned from a a pretty wild trip to thr States, and finally got broadband working again - therefore will be hanging around here I gues.

Nice to be back home, I see the decorators have been in whilst I have been away.

I still remeber 1995.

Paul (braveuk)
Braveuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 10:42 PM   #2
Mr. 23

Mr. 23 has said some nice things

Hmmm, the name is familiar, but then, my memory grows more crowded all the time. More and more things sound familiar.

Perhaps it is just the passing of time.

And I remember 1998, so there.

Mr. 23
Mr. 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2005, 01:17 PM   #3
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Welcome back to the new boards

Glad all is well with you.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #4
eljay

eljay has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braveuk
HELOOO!
As a fellow Brit i am totally disgusted with your terrible spelling of Hello. Missing out an L is way out of line - as inventors of the language we have a responsibility to maintain it's purity!

Also, i think i remember you (although i was only lurking at the time...) - welcome back!
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2005, 12:37 PM   #5
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay
As a fellow Brit i am totally disgusted with your terrible spelling of Hello. Missing out an L is way out of line - as inventors of the language we have a responsibility to maintain it's purity!
Um, there's that little apostrophe catastrophe.

Sue (just being a friendly wise ass)
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #6
jonah-uk

jonah-uk can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay
if we're going to get pedantic, then can I point out that the word 'hello' was invented by an American...
jonah-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 05:29 AM   #7
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah-uk
if we're going to get pedantic, then can I point out that the word 'hello' was invented by an American...
I'm a French / German mutt by heritage, and thanks to my grandparents I can speak those languages halfway decently. If you think it's fun to hear Britons, Americans and Australians argue about the English language, you ain't heard rien until the French and the Québécois go at each other. Art & I were on vacation in Paris one year, and there was a group of French Canadian university students in a café. It was lunch and a show, as some locals made fun of the way they talked, and I had a hard time explaining to Art why I was laughing so much. On the other hand, I've also seen French tourists in Québec City treated with the utmost respect because their language was so pure.

Sometimes the Germans, Austrians and Swiss have fun too.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:24 AM   #8
ataraxia

ataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallFatSue
Sometimes the Germans, Austrians and Swiss have fun too.
Yeah, if you want to get a German to snort their drink out their nostrils just say "Gruetzi". And if that doesn't work call something "grell".
Old 10-22-2005, 10:08 PM   #9
Mr. 23

Mr. 23 has said some nice things

Thanks AnnMarie. Yes, all is well. I picked up, dusted off the debris, and dragged my sorry butt back to the Dimensions forum. I'm glad to see that there are still some familar faces here. It's been awhile.

Oh, and Ataraxia (others can ignore this lest they become confused), I wouldn't count on the one in a million figure you cite. My own personal research shows the numbers to be highly flawed. A full 23% of Discoridians have yet to play Sink. See my article in the Summer 2004 issue of Eristotelian Philosophy.
Mr. 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:19 PM   #10
ataraxia

ataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this boardataraxia carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 23
Oh, and Ataraxia (others can ignore this lest they become confused), I wouldn't count on the one in a million figure you cite. My own personal research shows the numbers to be highly flawed. A full 23% of Discoridians have yet to play Sink. See my article in the Summer 2004 issue of Eristotelian Philosophy.
Numbers are indeed flawed. The last time I needed a nice "5" I really had to dig down to the bottom of the bin - most of them were bruised, a few were moldy, and the ones that looked nice at first, someone had fnorded like singles. I myself have suspected for a while that my precious million might be counterfeit. I guess I'll have to fix my sig.

I have played Sink, though it was a Dry Sink. Are you calling me a Thuddipus?

(I think rather a good many posters here will get the drift of this stuff, given that I let them in on the Grand Design last weekend. Those who don't get it need to spend time in study over at 23ae.)