Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Chipotle restaurants

So I was channel surfing the other day and Oprah had this guy on that started the Chipotle chain...Has anyone ever eaten at one? It is mexican food

The owner was talking about using nothing but fresh in-season veggies and meat that has not been given any hormones..He said he wanted people to see that fast food did not have to be McD or BK but could be good fresh tasting food..He also said that he thought Americans were eating way to much injected meat and not enough free range meat...I did agree with him that meat not given hormones taste a whole lot better then what you buy in the stores!

So tell me what you think of the food if you have been to one! Thanks

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Chipotle is.....eh.... in my opinion. It's relatively fresh, but I don't see how it is 'seasonal' if they always have the same onions/peppers/tomatoes. It seems slightly better than a McD or BK....but ironically it is owned by McDonalds.

It is never my first choice for fast food. I feel that I can get better mexican at a Taqueria or at home. If I want 'fast foody' mexican, I go to Taco Bell (yum).
Old 01-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #3
AnotherJessica

AnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAnotherJessica can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

There is a Chipotle that opened up near where I live and I've been there a couple times a month. I love it. I notice a huge difference in the quality of Chipotle versus Taco Bell for example. Also, they don't skimp on the more expensive ingredients such as sour cream and cheese. It's about $10 per person after food and a beverage so a little more expensive than fast food but definitely worth it! Absolutely try it sometime.
AnotherJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #4
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yeah agreed with the seasonal thing. It's always the exact same food so i'm not sure what is seasonal?

At any rate, I personally like Chipotle because they are very vegan/vegetarian friendly; their website even has a graphic of what their menu looks like and you can mouse over ever single product and it tells you what has animal products in it. They also make each taco or salad or burrito to order so if you are on any type of restricted diet or don't like a certain thing, you can have them leave out what you can't have. They have open kitchens so you get a good look at the cleanliness.

As for the food, as I said i don't eat meat so i dont' know how good the beef, chicken, or pork are. The salsa (i've tried the mild and medium) is good, although i'm not a huge fan of hot sauce so i don't know how the spiciest sauce and salsa would suit somebody who prefers their Mexican food very spicey. The guacamole is made fresh and is very good with plenty of cilantro. The only thing that is really not good are the chips, they're much too salty and i'd stay away from them.

Personally, I'm trying to stay away from soda so I just drink water or get food to go, so it costs less than $6 for me.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I LOVE Chipotle and have tried most things on the menu over the last couple of years. I watched Oprah too and I believe what he said was they buy as much of their fresh food locally during each season as they can with the exception of corn which always comes from a can.

My favorite is a chicken or steak fajita burrito and their guacamole and home made chips are wonderful.

It has been many months since I've stepped foot in a Chipotle (damn diet). If you are trying to eat healthy, you really have to watch the cheese and sour cream as they really pile it on (though it's oh so yummy when they do).

There really is no comparison to Taco Bell. They are two entirely different things. You either have a craving for one or the other, neither is going to satisfy you if you have a taste for the other.

Fleeting Fancies

Last edited by ThatFatGirl; 01-29-2010 at 06:06 AM.
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #6
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

my friend tells me that of all fast food-y type chains, Chipotle is the best for vegetarians.

One opened up a few blocks from home/work, but I haven't been yet. I'm sure I'll get there eventually. I'm glad you all (or most of you) have good things to say.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 AM   #7
Tmhays87
Reckoner

Tmhays87 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTmhays87 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTmhays87 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Very similar to Chipotle (though not exactly) is Moe's Southwest Grill. I've had both, and Moe's is superior in my opinion, which is good because there's a Moe's here in town, but no Chipotle.

I hit them up on "Moe's Mondays" almost every week. You get a burrito, a generous helping of freshly-made tortilla chips, all-you-can-eat salsa and a drink for $5. Any other day of the week, you'd be paying over $8 for that, though

Philosophy + Food = Win :D
Tmhays87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You also get the entire staff screeching "Welcome to Moe's!" every fifteen seconds, so unless you can turn off your hearing aid or bring earplugs, I'd give it a miss. The food is gringo Mexican: you know you're eating something because you can feel it in your mouth. Our local Moe's went out of business last year; as you can probably tell, I don't miss it.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:22 PM   #9
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

We have a Moe's here in town and the first time we went, I was sitting in the car (as usual) and they shouted "Welcome to Moe's" so loud when my husband walked in, that I jumped in the car.

I have eaten there a few times and it is tasty and Mondays are great with the $5. special. The burrito is quite large.

We have a few assorted Mexican places by us (some authentic, some chains) but no Chipotle.

We just got a Taco Del Mar and I love the fish tacos.
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:38 PM   #10
katorade

katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!katorade has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Moe's tends to taste more...canned...than Chipotle. They also under-season. They have an advantage in that there's more variety to their menu and ingredients you can get, and they also have tofu as an option for vegetarians so you're not stuck just getting beans all the time. Their salsa is just terrible, but the queso is delicious (though fairly expensive).

Given a choice, I'd pick Chipotle 90% of the time. The other 10% would be if I had a craving for something like nachos or a quesadilla.
katorade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Don't forget that Chipotle's has a hidden menu item. If you ask, they'll make you a quesadilla!
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 PM   #12
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

How about Qdoba???

Qdobaaaaaaaa.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 PM   #13
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
It has been many months since I've stepped foot in a Chipotle (damn diet). If you are trying to eat healthy, you really have to watch the cheese and sour cream as they really pile it on (though it's oh so yummy when they do).
I looooove Chipotle, but yeah, this is very true, unfortunately (though I think the same could be said of most Americanized "Mexican" food, with the added cheese and sour cream and such). Still, though, I was pretty surprised to find their chicken burrito mentioned as one of the top ten worst (worst = unhealthy, in this case) foods of 2009 in this list!
Old 01-29-2010, 09:21 PM   #14
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

the chipotle near my mom's house in ohio always made quesadillas if ya asked!

i had a really good one...the shredded beef, black beans, and cheese. the servers also knew my little brother and i, and we would order side orders of sour cream with it, and they'd mix in the hot salsa too...sooooo good to dip in!

i miss chipotle, even though cilantro tastes like soap to me.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Soupy, good to see you posting on the foodee board again (feels like it has been awhile, and I've missed ya!). Interesting about what you say and cilantro and soapy flavor...I have a friend that says exactly the same thing. I've read that it is a genetic thing, some people perceive the taste of cilantro as soapy....very interesting....

Anyways, as I mentioned upthread, they are owned by McDonalds. At least that is what I have heard. Has anyone else heard this? Thoughts???
Old 01-29-2010, 10:55 PM   #16
BubbleButtBabe
No one cares anyway

BubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging inBubbleButtBabe makes people happy simply by logging in

This is from the Wikipedia:Chipotle is one of the first chains of fast-casual dining establishments.[7] In the past, McDonald's Corporation owned a majority interest in Chipotle. McDonald's has since sold their entire stake in Chipotle; full divestment was completed in October 2006.[8]...So McD has no stake in it..

I guess I need to look for one to try now! Thanks everybody

Only two miracles are worth seeing:
The miracle of loving
And
The miracle of forgiving-Sri Chinmoy

Last edited by BubbleButtBabe; 01-29-2010 at 11:00 PM.
BubbleButtBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:11 AM   #17
Guy
I need a nap!

Guy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGuy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The Chipotle Mexican near us is recruiting managers, so I went for a job interview yesterday. Good benefits, free food.
Here is more from Wikipedia:

In 2001, Chipotle released a mission statement called Food With Integrity, which highlighted Chipotle's efforts to increase their use of naturally raised meat, organic produce, and dairy without added hormones. All of Chipotle's chicken and pork are naturally raised defined by the company as open-range, antibiotic free, and with a vegetarian diet as well as 65% of the beef. Approximately 30% of the beans are organically grown. Chipotle serves more naturally raised meat than any other restaurant. The company pledges to use more local produce when possible, using "35 percent of at least one of its produce items for every restaurant sourced from small and midsize local farms throughout the growing season. "Chipotle advertises its support of family farms, such as Niman Ranch, a California "natural" meat producer that contracts with farms in the Midwest to raise pork and other livestock.
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:33 AM   #18
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

LOVE Chipotle. I wish I lived closer to one.
Old 01-30-2010, 10:35 AM   #19
mpls_girl26

mpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging inmpls_girl26 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post
Soupy, good to see you posting on the foodee board again (feels like it has been awhile, and I've missed ya!). Interesting about what you say and cilantro and soapy flavor...I have a friend that says exactly the same thing. I've read that it is a genetic thing, some people perceive the taste of cilantro as soapy....very interesting....

Anyways, as I mentioned upthread, they are owned by McDonalds. At least that is what I have heard. Has anyone else heard this? Thoughts???
Actually they haven't been owned by McDonald's since 2006. They parted ways because McD's didn't have the same philosophy on food source....shocking!

Having said that.....I wish I did like them because of their business practice and I'd love to support them but.....not a big fan. Not sure what it is, but I just don't like them all that much.

There was a Nightline video about their meat on Youtube. I originally say it while watching the "Special Features" from the movie Food,Inc. which is a pretty fascinating documentary.
mpls_girl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
LOVE Chipotle. I wish I lived closer to one.
Bald Hill Rd West Warwick...
Old 01-30-2010, 11:17 AM   #21
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TearInYourHand View Post

haha, yes, i haven't been posting much anywhere lately, workin on it!

and yes, my cilantro aversion makes me very sad. depending on what it's in, it's not only soapy tasting to me, but it's also slightly metallic, which is really odd. i looooooove mexican food, but too much cilantro can just kill my adventurous side
Old 01-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #22
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

I love Chipotle..all that screaming does put me off at Moe's and generally I think Chipotle has better tasting food...mmmMMMM now I'm hungry and we're snowed in..it sure is pretty here today..but crummy for traveling...oh well I guess I should enjoy it whilst it is here.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM   #23
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooz View Post
Bald Hill Rd West Warwick...
There's one a little closer, too, in Cranston. But 6 miles is kind of out of the way with no vehicle.
Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #24
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm not a fan of their corn salsa (too much oil and onion) and tend to prefer Qdoba's grilled veggies. But when I'm dealing with a terrible cold I break veg-edge and get a barbacoa burrito smothered in hot salsa and Chipotle Tabasco and go to town on my sinuses.

I'm wishing we had a Tijuana Flats up in MA, probably my favorite fast-foodish Tex-Mex place.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:06 PM   #25
Weeze
Justin Bieber of Dims

Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Weeze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Has anyone head of California Tortilla? Just went today. Same concept as moe's, qdoba, and i guess chipotle? it's soooo good. you all got in my head.