Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 05-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #1
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Big Movie Seats

On Saturday my wife (Petunia805) and I went to see Iron Man 2 (not as good as the original) at a new theater in Thousand Oaks California. The theater is part of a small movie theater chain owned by a company called MUVICO -- they operate 154 screens in 9 cineplexes mostly in Florida so not everyone will be able to check them out which is unfortunate because their "premium seating" is hands down the roomiest most comfortable theater seating I've ever seen. There was enough leg room for NBA centers and enough hip room for pretty much anyone (my pregnant, super-sized pear of a spouse fit with room to spare). Of course you pay extra but it beats the hell out of squeezing into regular theater seats.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love that the bigger chains over here have cuddle seats (you can lift up the handle in the middle and make more room

ooh love the idea of actual leg room though
Old 05-10-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
SuperSizedAngie
Hug-Seeking Missile

SuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 clubSuperSizedAngie is a member of the 500 club

That sounds amazing. I'd love to have something like that down here. My hips are about 69" so it's not that comfy being in regular movie theater seats and never has been
SuperSizedAngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A lot of Sony theaters offer the 'loveseat' feature as well.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #5
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yeah, all my favorite theaters out here have big, cushy seats that recline and armrests that go up. Plenty of room! I love going to the movies again. And no extra charge! lol! That's great, though - if you think about it, maybe take a pic next time - I'd like to see if they're bigger.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We have the new theater near us called Legacy Place with roomy "premium seating" as well. But, this one also offer grill type food, as well a number of alcohols. And Urszula and I love it.

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
MasterShake
My Fist, Your Face!

MasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticedMasterShake never has a post go unnoticed

The AMC 30 in Olathe, KS has a "Cinema Suite" set of theaters that seat about 30-some people. Each chair is separated by a small table, is basically a recliner you can kick your feet up or even fully recline.

The tix are about $25 apiece, but you get a $10 food voucher and they serve meals and alcohol, along with the normal theater snackage.

Pretty dang awesome IMO!
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #8
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah I call the seats where the arms come up "snuggle seats". I only go to those theatre's now...I wanna be comfy.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
Samantha

Samantha can now change their title

I was watching Food Network the other night and UNWRAPPED had a theatre on there that was not only a theatre, but also a restaurant. If you wanted to have an alcoholic beverage then you could order it and if you wanted refills you hit a button and the hostesses could come in quietly and take care of you. I loved the looks of it.

They sell all sorts of food there but in the end they said that their biggest seller was still the popcorn.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #10
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
I was watching Food Network the other night and UNWRAPPED had a theatre on there that was not only a theatre, but also a restaurant. If you wanted to have an alcoholic beverage then you could order it and if you wanted refills you hit a button and the hostesses could come in quietly and take care of you. I loved the looks of it.

They sell all sorts of food there but in the end they said that their biggest seller was still the popcorn.
This was similar -- they had a fairly upscale restaurant and a bar adjacent to the theater. You can have dinner first or take your food into the theater -- and they have drinks. Discovered Newcastle goes pretty well with popcorn.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
indy500tchr
I am here!

indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!indy500tchr has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post

We have one here called Hollywood Bar & Filmworks....you either can sit at high top tables to watch the movie or if you want to pay extra you can sit in recliners with a table next to you for your order.

"Growing Old Is Mandatory. Growing Up Is Optional"

"BBWs aren't exactly built for speed. There's something luxurious about it." ~bdog
indy500tchr is offline   Reply With Quote