Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM   #76
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerVictory View Post
I cut my hair short recently (within the past month or so). I wasn't too thrilled about the results at first and came close to crying about it a few times. I generally don't get a lot of male attention. I just moved to Toronto, and I have had a few men approach me and compliment me which is more than when I lived in Saskatchewan, but some of that could be contributed to the larger population size than the change in hairstyle. *snipped*
I would respond in some meaningful way to this thread, but I can't right now because that statement I bolded in DV's post is BLOWING MY MIND.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 12:45 PM   #77
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I would respond in some meaningful way to this thread, but I can't right now because that statement I bolded in DV's post is BLOWING MY MIND.
Lmao, my thoughts exactly!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #78
saffronv

saffronv has said some nice things

I have naturally super curly hair. I have noticed that I get way more male attention when I straighten it than when I leave it natural. I've also noticed that when I leave it curly men don't generally touch my hair... perhaps its because they think they will mess up the curls? I dunno.... As for length my hair has been down the the middle of my back for years however you can only tell its that long when it is straight. When it is curly it doesn't even reach my shoulders. I also get a lot of comments like, did you cut your hair? And I have to pull a curl to show it is still the same length.
saffronv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 06:42 PM   #79
CaptianNegro

CaptianNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCaptianNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Thumbs up Hope Im not out of line..

Speaking from a male perspective, I'm really into a womans hair and that aside from her eyes is one the first things I notice. Also, my preference of womens hairstyle's is rather large I suppose. Long, short, straight or curly I tend to like it all. There is just something rather alluring about a womans hair.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #80
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

I am busting hectic copper curls and have tried to fight them and they are stronger than me. I wear my hair up a lot and cant stand product on hair that makes it crunchy. I am having one last go at a full on long head of hair before I get too old & look ridiculous and cant be arsed with the maintenance. I have found the miracle product finally and am on my way to luscious curly no crunch no frizz heaven.

I do believe tho, that the hair for me, has to be in proportion to the arse. The sleek straight is not for me, the bouncey volumous straight i can do, black made me look like I had a liver issue, blonde def got me more male attention and the apple green beehive got me arrested.

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...postcount=9491
Old 01-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #81
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I noticed a huge increase of male attention when I went from blonde to very dark brown almost black.

It is always long and straight.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #82
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I have short hair, with a shaved coloured side (currently blue and turquoise) and long hair on my right side. My boyfriend loves it, he says its what makes me unique to a lot of other BBWs. I do get quite a lot of attention from it, but usually from old ladies saying "oh, what lovely hair colour you've got dear" lol.

Also I get mistaken for a lesbian quite a lot. Oh well :P
Deacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:04 PM   #83
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

I get compliments from guys about my hair. I tend to wear it short. I keep it colored blonder on top and darker in the back. It is longer on the sides and shorter in the back. I thought most guys like long hair but maybe not todays generation
Old 02-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #84
Mikaila

Mikaila can now change their title

I tend to get a lot of attention from my hair. My normal color is a lightish brown. I have it down past my hiney. I notice when I keep it frosted and down, I get a ton of people making comments as opposed to just wearing it up in a ponytail. Always seem to get people who wanna touch it or smell it.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #85
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I also get a lot of attention for my hair. I've had people stop me in the street to tell me how much they love it, though I can't say I've had anyone ask me out or want to be with me because of it. I prefer it long, because I feel short hair doesn't suit me, and these new hair products I've got are making me love it more.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #86
Bigtigmom
100% REAL, give it a try!

Bigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 clubBigtigmom is a member of the 500 club

I get alot of attention because of my hair. It's very long, dark brown and naturally wavy. My hair at this point is about 6 inches past my lower back, partially covering my behind. Now I can't tell if they are staring because of my size or my hair. It gives them a choice I guess. LOL
Old 03-08-2011, 10:09 AM   #87
Fletcher Harrison

Fletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot picsFletcher Harrison does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyandcute View Post
I get compliments from guys about my hair. I tend to wear it short. I keep it colored blonder on top and darker in the back. It is longer on the sides and shorter in the back. I thought most guys like long hair but maybe not todays generation
You have great hair. I have a major thing for short hair.
Fletcher Harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #88
PiscesGirl

PiscesGirl can now change their title

I've had every length possible, and not much difference in attention. I got a lot more male attention when I dyed my hair red.

They were probably wondering if the carpet matched the drapes.
PiscesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:21 AM   #89
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

I keep my hair long, about waist length and no matter how I wear it: half up, up, down, natural(wavy), curled, or staightened...I don't get attention from men in RL so I really can't say if hairstyles play a role in attraction. Online, guys tend to message me more when I have pics of me with my hair in a tousled curly look.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:18 AM   #90
Pitch

Pitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 club

My hair is usually all-around terrible and I don't get male attention at all so...errr.

Waitwaitwait, that's not entirely true. Something about bangs has gotten me a few glances. I got a lot of "oooh interesting" looks when I had A-line bangs I cut in myself. But mostly, I wear my hair pulled back with a bandanna as a headband and remain oblivious and unbothered in public.

Maybe I should bring them back!

Last edited by Pitch; 05-07-2011 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Because I wrote "then" instead in the last sentence. I am not a time traveler or keeper. Sadly.
Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:38 AM   #91
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't get attention from guys - I never have!

But anyway, I recently cut my hair, and have gotten soooo many compliments on it, even when I don't actually style it. I've been lazy in the AM, and have just been putting mousse in it, and letting it air dry, and its curly/wavy. And I've been getting so many compliments from patients at work.

My husband LOVES my new hair cut. I think he loves that my neck is exposed all the time, and he can kiss it And I don't have my hair in a pony tail every day anymore either. I had way too much hair!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #92
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have pretty eyes and amazing hair and that is about it... My hair is very fine, but because it is naturally curly it looks very full and men who I have been with love it..It is halfway down my back. ....It is a beautiful color thanks to my hair dresser I have had since I was 21 and no one knows it is not my natural color....I get compliments on my hair all of the time. But, it is a pain to take care of and I use very expensive products.

When I played golf I used to say I was given two things: a natural golf swing and amazing hair and that is it lol

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #93
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
I have short hair, with a shaved coloured side (currently blue and turquoise) and long hair on my right side. My boyfriend loves it, he says its what makes me unique to a lot of other BBWs. I do get quite a lot of attention from it, but usually from old ladies saying "oh, what lovely hair colour you've got dear" lol.

Also I get mistaken for a lesbian quite a lot. Oh well :P
Exactly what happens to me, lol. I had shaved a side outta my hair asnd right now it's part black, part greenish blue, and most coments I get are from older ladies who either say short cuts are great (like my grandmother. She calls it "more practical") or say that the colour is interesting and want to know how I managed to put blue in, lol.

All my life I've been asked if I was a lesbian because I have short hair and wear only pants and am one of the guys. I get wayyyyy more female attention, too. I KNOW a lot of it is because of the length of my hair. Back in high school, even, dudes had longer hair than me most of the time, so that's what they believed. Men these days still ask if I'm a lesbian, and when I say no, that I'm just a strong supporter of gay rights, they say "oh, then why have your hair short if you're not a butch lesbian?"
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:18 AM   #94
AmazingAmy

AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmazingAmy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Unfortunately, I rely quite a lot on my hair to look attractive. It's kind of deceptive, because like most people my face is a different shape when it's framed by hair. I wear it up for work and days that are just too hot/wet, but it doesn't suit me (or so I feel).

Saying that, it depends on how you interpret attractive. Having my hair down probably looks sexier, but I get warmer responses with my hair up. I think I must look friendlier/more open in expression when it's up. Sweet rather than sexy, which is more approachable.
AmazingAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #95
herin
wait...what?

herin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticedherin never has a post go unnoticed

My hair is a dark, reddish brown (currently) and is very fine. It can be curly or straight, depending on how much effort I want to put into it. It used to be very short and I loved it, but I am growing it out and while its still short - at my neckline - I feel like I have more options with it.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:01 AM   #96
asmiletoday

asmiletoday can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesasmiletoday can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I dye my hair all the time. I am naturally light blonde, but I've had black and various shades of brown and red. I don't think the frequency of getting hit on changes much but the type of guys that respond to it are different.
asmiletoday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:26 PM   #97
Latte

Latte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I have waist length espresso colored curls and a TON of hair. I get auburn highlights put in and I've noticed that I get more attention when it's down than when it's up. "Attention" being curious looks more than anyone talking to me. I NEVER get approached.
Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:38 PM   #98
anneblithe

anneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesanneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Every guy I've been involved with has been all upset when I thought about cutting my hair as well. What's odd to me, though, is that the same men who would complain if I cut my hair never touch my hair even though I keep the styling to a minimum. Naturally, my hair lays pretty well, and it's thick, so styling it takes hours. Therefore, I don't use a lot of heat products. I would think that having no-fuss hair, and past bfs who thought that long hair was sexy would result in bfs playing with my hair. Sadly, this is not the case. Maybe men just like the idea of long hair?
anneblithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #99
cherrysprite

cherrysprite can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescherrysprite can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I find this thread very interesting, and I have been thinking of this topic a lot lately since cutting off about a foot of hair to donate. I notice that women like my shorter hair. The style is kind of a short asymmetrical bob when flat ironed, or if I do not flat iron and I tuck it behind my ears it looks pretty much like Dharma from that show "Dharma and Greg." My male friends said nothing without prompting and ended up calling it cute. I used to get "hot" now I get "cute." I think so much depends on face shape and hair texture. I would say that I look better overall with long hair, but I look more unique with my shorter cut.