Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 03-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #26
Alicia33
Southern Belle

Alicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 clubAlicia33 is a member of the 500 club

I love getting all dolled up, hair, make-up the whole nine yards,(I usually take pics afterwards) Also frilly underwear will do the trick too

"Ain't nothin' wrong with lovin' chunky"
Alicia33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #27
Pitch

Pitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 clubPitch is a member of the 500 club

I so rarely feel feminine. But when I do manage to it usually comes in the form of body care or something similar. While I havent gotten over "hiding" my fat with big, nerdy t-shirts and not so form fitting denim? When the clothes come off, it's on.

Hot baths, wine, face masks, oils, etc. Then and only then does it feel like I get to be a woman.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #28
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

A spa days help me feel girly. I've always felt like I look like a dude though. People tell me I am crazy but I feel mannish.

I was the tallest kid in my class for a while and fat so in the school pictures I always look like a teacher's aid instead of one of the students.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #29
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Like many (former) women sports reporters, I'm super girlie. I don't leave the house without makeup, and I'm generally very polished looking (except for jewelry. I just don't get jewelry).

Until I went back to school, I had the acrylic nails and the red highlights and the Chanel No. 5. I'm looking forward to being able to do the highlights and Chanel again. Sadly, nurses generally aren't allowed to wear acrylics.
Old 05-21-2011, 02:21 PM   #30
Vespertine

Vespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this boardVespertine carries a lot of weight on this board

Interesting thread. I'm in agreement with lovelylady78, sometimes the uncomfortable bodily aspects of being female make me feel feminine in a way other things can't. For me it's more of a primal earthy feminine than sweetness and light feminine, I mean Medea was feminine as well xP

But yeah, spa day, yay! That works too, and makes me feel good. I wish I had a tub, my apts have showers only for years. Baths are amazing.
Vespertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #31
milfy
Eat Me....

milfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmilfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmilfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

It's 1.22am so I won't be writing much!

For me' it's girly bath with candles and bubbles, hair straightened, make up on, perfume and clean clothes to make me' feel all feminine

God only knows why I bother though cos I just end up with baby puke all down me' within 10 mins - *sigh*
Old 05-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #32
hiddenexposure

hiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rephiddenexposure has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia33 View Post
I love getting all dolled up, hair, make-up the whole nine yards,(I usually take pics afterwards) Also frilly underwear will do the trick too
This is where I am right now.
On my gym days it's quite the opposite (which is funny because it used to be the norm) but in general if I'm not pulled together something is wrong.
I used to not be this way but I blame working at Lane Bryant for the shift, they really preferred it if we put a great deal more thought into our outfits and put on make-up if we were on the sales floor.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:42 AM   #33
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Growing up as a geeky chubby daughter who is very close to her nerdy geeky father lead me down the path of tom-boyishness I've always been a tom-boy. I find it quite hard to be feminine having men's jeans, geeky t-shirts and piles upon piles of video games over the years.

Although recently i've been wearing more girl stuff with my boyfriend and it is starting to make me feel more feminine. Wearing cardigans instead of hoodies, wearing tank tops instead of t-shirts Feeling sexy for my man also makes me feel very feminine
Old 06-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #34
bbwlibrarian
possibly revolutionary

bbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized repbbwlibrarian has super-sized rep

I was, am, and always will be "one of the guys". My personal interests are all very male-oriented (except for books and the occult, which are rather neutral) and cooking (what a chick thing to do!). Even so, a fresh manicure and a few spritzes of Chanel No.5 are enough to make me feel adequately feminine. I'm also a big fan of masques and general skin care regimens for feeling feminine, since I have very sensitive skin and can't wear most makeup without breaking out.
bbwlibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #35
anneblithe

anneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesanneblithe can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I go through my collection of bath products (bought super-cheap at after-holiday sales) and choose a scent to suit my mood. I take a long, hot shower or bath, or bath then shower lol.. light some candles, shave my legs etc.., put my hair up in some simple, cute way, put on my makeup, maybe do a little at-home facial first,(props to michelle phan) use some lotion, put on something cute or flowy, and go out. It does the trick every time- makes me feel confident and pretty, and I smell really good.

Last edited by anneblithe; 06-09-2011 at 05:09 PM. Reason: That 9 was meant to be a (
anneblithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #36
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Lady Rhino

Like most of the ladies here, I'm tall, and heavy. I'm also pretty bookish, and I grew up in a pretty feminine-unfriendly environment. And even though I grew my hair out and I wear my skirts long, I wouldn't call myself feminine, at least by social standards. For some folks, my height, weight, facial features, and even my skin color will preclude me from being seen as feminine...I don't mourn it anymore, although it was hard in my 20's. Now, I'd call myself sensual. That's what a pedicure, perfume, hairplay, and good lotion are for me. Sensual. No stigma of weakness or smallness, and anyone can enjoy it. If a man likes to get manicures and pedicures, and make sure his hair is nice and he smells good, does that make him feminine? hellzno

Lastly (and some of you may throw e-rocks @ me for this) I look at animals for a clue. A female rhino is big, strong, and you don't f-ck with her. She doesn't waste time wondering if her butt looks big, or if she's less feminine than a giraffe, because she's got business to take care of. And when she comes across a male rhino, he's not wondering about those things, either. He's just liking what he sees...
Old 06-19-2011, 05:21 PM   #37
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll pass on feminine with the 'girly' connotation and take womanly instead

What makes me feel womanly can range from anything that appeals to my sensual nature (fine sheets, beautiful music, a perfect cocktail, an imperfect man), to cooking a great meal for my friends, to closing a deal at work, to shaking my butt down the street for the joy of it. I do have a hair appointment once a month and usually get a pedi at the same time, but I live in jeans, very rarely wear makeup or jewelry, and never wear scent.

Phenomenal Woman
Maya Angelou

Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I'm not cute or built to suit a fashion model's size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I'm telling lies.
I say,
It's in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That's me.