Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 11-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #1276
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

. . . . . .

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 07:31 PM   #1277
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

Love the new necklace, it's so unique! Very nice, T!
Old 11-25-2010, 04:57 PM   #1278
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How did I miss this? Thank you, Malina!

That necklace along with 90 other items is on sale now in our store. Our biggest sale of the year is on now until Tuesday morning at 3am.

Not everything in our shop is already made when you order it, but some are. We are clearing out items that are completed and in stock, which includes items created within the last week. Some of these are store favorites, OOAK and best-sellers; some might not be back once they're gone. Get free worldwide shipping store-wide, and shop from our holiday sale section for a savings of 35%. The prices are already discounted for your shopping ease! Click here for a link to the sale section.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 11-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #1279
Tina
Older and wiser now

If you're one who likes to see the before and after sale prices, go here. Thank you all, and I hope your Thanksgiving was delicious.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #1280
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow, what a great sale. Tina, thank you for making holiday shopping for the chicks on my list so easy! Your jewelry is always a hit.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:25 PM   #1281
Tina
Older and wiser now

And thank *you* Carrie -- both for your continued support and the lovely compliment! This weekend is always a hectic one, but it's also lots of fun, too. I'm loving the new Etsy On Sale API code that allows me to put all of my shop, or just part of my shop, on sale with very little effort. It frankly encourages me to have more sales, because it's so easy.

This year we are going to be here for Christmas. Normally we go to California to visit family, but we're staying in Montreal this year, so I'll be around longer to fill orders and also make and offer some new items before Christmas mailing, I hope (if packing and moving isn't too crazed -- moving right before Christmas is not the best idea, really!). But I'm raring to get going on making jewelry with the new gems I've got waiting here on me. Gah! I really dislike moving. Anyone wanna come help me pack? *cue Aerosmith's "Dream On"*

Old 11-29-2010, 02:48 AM   #1282
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
How did I miss this? Thank you, Malina!

That necklace along with 90 other items is on sale now in our store. Our biggest sale of the year is on now until Tuesday morning at 3am.

Not everything in our shop is already made when you order it, but some are. We are clearing out items that are completed and in stock, which includes items created within the last week. Some of these are store favorites, OOAK and best-sellers; some might not be back once they're gone. Get free worldwide shipping store-wide, and shop from our holiday sale section for a savings of 35%. The prices are already discounted for your shopping ease! Click here for a link to the sale section.

I have those earrings Tina, and i have to say whenever i wear them, i get so many compliments on them, they are so pretty...and not as big as you might think...i love them, hugs, thought i would throw my two cents in

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #1283
Tina
Older and wiser now

DI!! Hi there, honey. Thank you for posting! I love those beads, and they make for light earrings. The person who bought them got the last pair.

The sale is still on until I wake up tomorrow, when will stop the sale. The Etsy on Sale page is no longer an accurate representation of what is, and isn't, on sale in our store. I may have one more sale before Christmas, but I'm not sure. Even though we'll be here for Christmas this year we'll also be moving and settling in, and I'm not sure what shape my office will be in, so this is likely the last sale of the year. I will offer 20% off of gift certificates only to Dimensions peeps, so if you decide to buy a gift cert (they come in denominations of $25, $50, $75, $100, $150 and $200, but if you'd like it for a specific amount I'll customize it for you) just let me know when you're checking out that you're a Dims member and I'll refund you your discount back through PayPal after you have checked out and paid.

Have a wonderful week, all!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:51 PM   #1284
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thanks to all of you who participated in our sale! Your support over the years has meant so much to me and has helped me to grow my business, and confidence that Adorn Me will continue onwards to grow and thrive. I feel deep gratitude for that.

Most likely our last day of shipping this month will be December 9th, and I'll be informally closing the store within the next week or so because we'll be moving. I'll still be around most of the time to answer convos, and can accept purchases after that, as long as they're not for holiday gifts.

Thought I'd share a pair of earrings I made the other day using some stones I've been just dying to work with -- mystic African pink amethyst nuggets. They may look like the purple of regular amethysts, but as you can see in the fourth photo, when the light shines through them you can see that they are pink, or lavender pink. I have combined them with gorgeous keishi petal pearls and nestled little clear pink amethyst rounds inside of the pearls. They are topped with little gold-filled beads and are strung on gold-filled findings, which wear very well. They hang from 16kt gold plated jasmine flowers. I'm telling you the colors that these tones flash are so breathtaking that I have probably looked at them a hundred times since making them -- and rather than that being an exaggeration, it's probably an under-estimation. Ironically, since I started making so much jewelry I find that I wear less of it than I used to, but I will have a pair of these; I love them too much not to. They were named for my baby sister, Michelle Grace.

Up soon, Ms. Sleeping Beauty...

Old 12-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #1285
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oy vey.

Dear Santa.......I know I've been a bad girl.....but.......

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #1286
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Elaine! These were such fun to work on that I'm considering a necklace, too.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #1287
Tina
Older and wiser now

Hi there! Working on shop and custom orders today, as I ship tomorrow morning. Today is likely the last day that Christmas gifts can be purchased and delivered on time in the US (potentially internationally, too, though there's no guarantees). I've posted these totally gorgeous Christmas tree earrings just now. The photos don't come close to doing them justice. My aqua walls do something unlovely to the gold, which is brilliant; the CZs don't sparkle like they do IRL, and the positively luxurious, rich emerald green color, clarity and sparkle of these very large faceted quartz briolettes look dead in the photo compared to real-life. They have post-style ear wires. Thought I'd post them here, just in case anyone wants me to pack them up for them before I mail tomorrow. Wishing you all love and warmth on this holiday season, Hanukkah, Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.

Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 AM   #1288
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Earrings by Adorn Me

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Last edited by CastingPearls; 01-06-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #1289
Tina
Older and wiser now

I love when you take pics of your pretty self with AMjewelry on. Those look great on you, Elaine. Thank you so much!

No jewelry-making going on here. We just moved yesterday and I have a feeling it's going to take a while to dig out. I also want to get organized first. I have tons and tons of supplies that weren't organized properly because I didn't have the room. I do now.

ETA: BTW, Elaine, that bit of your headboard hints that it's gorgeous!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #1290
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
I love when you take pics of your pretty self with AMjewelry on. Those look great on you, Elaine. Thank you so much!

No jewelry-making going on here. We just moved yesterday and I have a feeling it's going to take a while to dig out. I also want to get organized first. I have tons and tons of supplies that weren't organized properly because I didn't have the room. I do now.

ETA: BTW, Elaine, that bit of your headboard hints that it's gorgeous!
Thank you! Yes..that's a seven piece suite I inherited from my grandmother. It's over 100 years old. I love it!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 01-11-2011, 02:08 PM   #1291
Tina
Older and wiser now

Oy. I thought I responded to your post, Elaine. Sheesh. Just from the photo one can tell it's a beautiful piece. Lucky you.

Seems like forever since I've been here. Packing, moving, unpacking, and taking care of the general business of everyday life have rather consumed me. I'm still not fully settled in my office/studio/whatever, but it's at least workable right now. I will post photos when I'm done and it's presentable.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday -- Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year!

Old 01-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #1292
Tina
Older and wiser now

Oh! I forgot to post the necklace I uploaded earlier today. It's the first thing I've been able to make in a while and is one of my favorites. It's got a little working spyglass as the focus...

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #1293
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Good lord! How steampunk is THAT??? Love it!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 01-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #1294
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Elaine! I was trying to put across a Neo Victorian and Steampunk-light vibe. Thank you for noticing.

Old 01-17-2011, 02:08 PM   #1295
Tina
Older and wiser now

I'm not really one to want to go out in the snow. I get cold easily and it's been between 1-6 degrees today. Way cold. Plus, I'm really afraid of slipping and falling. So between the cold and the difficulty walking in it, I'm not much of a fan. But what I *do* love is having a new office with a sliding glass door and the ability to look outside to the back yard -- and from a new perspective.

The old place was a half-basement. That meant that the windows started at ground level. When the snow piled up we got buried. Plus, we lived at an intersection, so the view was crap. Not that the view here is fabulous, because it's not, but I can see the fallen snow in our back yard, as well as watch the beautiful, fat snowflakes fall. I love that. It's also fun to watch the squirrels -- one big and fat and one small -- run around the back yard, and also go to the little bush to eat berries from it. Our dog, Buddy, goes nuts when they do that. He wants nothing more than outside when he sees those squirrels (and I'm guess it's because he wants to play with them, not eat them, but who knows?). This is a real pleasure. It's relaxing and it makes me feel good, which has been a plus these days.

Finally getting my office more settled and I'll take photos soon. Made some earrings last night and I'm working on the photos and will be listing them. I'll bring them here after to show you. In the meantime, here's a photo of what I see out my window. No squirrels right now, though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg backyard.jpg (99.7 KB, 112 views)

Old 01-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #1296
Tina
Older and wiser now

Busy day today! So, here they are. The brios are quartz rock crystal and they are sloppy-wrapped with sterling wire and hang from rhodium-plated circles. The first pair have twisted rope wire which has been oxidized, polished and turned into ear wires. The second pair are on circles that are post ear wires. The brios on the posts are smaller than the other ones.

I'm making a luxe necklace that is to die for from a long quartz rock crystal briolette, pearls, spinels, complimentary rock crystal stones and gold-filled. That one is taking a little time.

Hoping to get a pic of the squirrels tomorrow, if they oblige...

Old 01-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #1297
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

Quote:
Busy day today! So, here they are. The brios are quartz rock crystal and they are sloppy-wrapped with sterling wire and hang from rhodium-plated circles. The first pair have twisted rope wire which has been oxidized, polished and turned into ear wires. The second pair are on circles that are post ear wires. The brios on the posts are smaller than the other ones.

I'm making a luxe necklace that is to die for from a long quartz rock crystal briolette, pearls, spinels, complimentary rock crystal stones and gold-filled. That one is taking a little time.

Hoping to get a pic of the squirrels tomorrow, if they oblige...
These are stunning. I'm DYING to see the necklace--everything you've described is ME!

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 01-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #1298
Tina
Older and wiser now

I hope you'll love it, Elaine. It will be a one of a kind, as I only have one of the long teardrop brios. It will be very rich-looking. I've got it started, but only have about 1/3 of it done. It's kind of white-on-white, with the luster of keishi petal pearls and 3 cuts of rock crystals. Time-consuming to make, but I think it will be worth it.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #1299
Tina
Older and wiser now

I have made some progress with the rock crystal/pearl necklace. Still not done yet, as it's a slightly complicated design and with the demands of life I've been leaning more in the direction of 'uncomplicated.' Seems I'm always getting distracted away from one thing and towards ten others. Life has been so busy I haven't had the chance to do nearly as much creating as I would like, but I've gotten some very simple, elegant necklaces and earrings. They are basically little handmade dichroic/boro beads combined with shiny, and oxidized, sterling silver chain. The first are a lovely, soft dove gray with touches of silver, gold and blue-green, and the second are dark charcoal and black with touches of eggplant purple. I have these in other colors and also larger sizes, too. These are small, beautiful little beads that glitter like gems.

The necklaces are right around 20 inches long, but as always can easily be enlarged. I call this one Night Sky...

Old 01-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #1300
Tina
Older and wiser now

These are the softly beautiful dove gray ones that I call Little Doves. I'm thinking of having a sale soon. Anyone in the mood?