Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 10-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #1401
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wow....just wow. Especially the first one. Great work!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:07 PM   #1402
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks!! I've been very busy creating the last few days. It's been wonderful to get back to it. I have more things to photograph and list tomorrow, too. I've been so busy with life and the brass co. that I haven't had much time for making jewelry, and I've been craving it.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #1403
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep
Default Paper Beneath

Tina,

Your jewelry is fabulous as always but I'm also quite fascinated by the paper laying underneath the jewelry!

WANT!!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 03:18 PM   #1404
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ahh, I have missed the eye candy. Your creations are still so exquisite and thoughtful! Please don't ever stop making jewelry.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 04:45 PM   #1405
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrwnSugar1 View Post
Tina,

Your jewelry is fabulous as always but I'm also quite fascinated by the paper laying underneath the jewelry!

WANT!!!!
Thank you,. I love them -- they are antique receipts from various stores dating over the last 100 years and longer. We use similar receipts in the brass findings and supply store, too. They give an authentically old look to the staging and find they work wonderfully for vintage style jewelry as well as findings. You sure don't get receipts like that any more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cors View Post
Ahh, I have missed the eye candy. Your creations are still so exquisite and thoughtful! Please don't ever stop making jewelry.
Thank you so much, Cors. I do adore it so. I have several more pieces to photograph and list and then I'll probably take a break again, maybe to make art. And of course continue working on the brass business stuff, as I have many duties for FAB, and it keeps me busy. But I think I'll always come back to it, because I love it, and because it haunts my dreams, various designs do. Enough of that and I just have to get it out, you know?

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 10-20-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:21 PM   #1406
Tina
Older and wiser now

I combined beautiful carved pink Caribbean conch (pronounced "konk") shell beads measuring 12mm (25.5mm = 1 inch) with Fallen Angel Brass findings to create a beautiful contrast in color and texture.

Found here: http://www.etsy.com/listing/84939205...ings-made-with

Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM   #1407
Tina
Older and wiser now

Hi all. I've got a new line at Adorn me, of simple Steampunk antique skeleton and vintage keys adorned with little critter and wing stampings that come from Fallen Angel. The antique keys are 50-100+ years old and the vintage keys are 20-50 years old. Just one pair of earrings, for now. The necklaces all are 20" long, but as always can be made longer, and unless you need it lengthened by 8 inches or more, there is no extra fee. Each key is different, and you will receive the key in the photo. At the bottom is a photo guide for sizing. It may take two posts to show them all to you.

I'm making a few of these for Christmas gifts for family, and they're suitable for men and women (my nephews are getting a couple with wings). I'm open to any feedback, and appreciate your comments. Thanks for looking!

Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #1408
Tina
Older and wiser now

For relative sizing -- actual sizes are in the listings at Etsy...

Old 11-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #1409
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post

For relative sizing -- actual sizes are in the listings at Etsy...
These are so beautiful! I love this style, my house has skeleton keys everywhere, and with the honey bee, it's so perfect!
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #1410
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, cristina. I love them, too. My favorite one is on my key ring, and I bought it decades ago at an antique store. It's well over 100 years old. It's nothing really fancy, but while I like Modern design, items that have a long history fascinate me and I'm drawn towards them. One of my favorite posessions is a safe that came with a bill of sale to the new owner, who bought it second-hand in 1907. It belonged to my father and he gave it to me because I'd always said how much I love it. Has a four-tumbler lock and it works perfectly.

I hope the necklaces sell so I can justify continuing to fill my shop with them, because I adore making them.

Old 11-13-2011, 03:14 PM   #1411
Tina
Older and wiser now

New earrings! Little hexagonal perfume vials hang from twisted sterling silver rings and ball-end round ear wires. I've always loved miniatures and these earrings just tickle me. If you'd like a longer earring, I can hang them on a longer kidney-shaped ear wire for you. :c)

Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #1412
Tina
Older and wiser now

Here is the other pair. They can be hung on either ear wire, as you like. Limited edition.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1413
Tina
Older and wiser now

I bought two pair of huge marquis cut crystals, two in cornflower blue and two in a deep teal. Wire-wrapped them in oxidized silver and made earrings ouf of them. They're in the shop now. Thought I'd share. Teal...

Cornflower blue...

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1414
Tina
Older and wiser now

Anyone thinking of buying for holiday gifts and want a sale? If so, let me know and I'll hold a sale at the start of the month.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #1415
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post
I bought two pair of huge marquis cut crystals, two in cornflower blue and two in a deep teal. Wire-wrapped them in oxidized silver and made earrings ouf of them. They're in the shop now. Thought I'd share. Teal...

Cornflower blue...

Love love love this colour!
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #1416
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

All the new stuff is lovely, Tina. Also, the necklace--LOVE IT!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #1417
Tina
Older and wiser now

A cornflower blue fant, Tina? Me, too. Thank you.

Thank you, Lainey. I've so been enjoying working with the keys.

Old 11-17-2011, 11:08 AM   #1418
Tina
Older and wiser now

So glad you're enjoying your necklace, and all it stands for, Lainey.

Old 11-17-2011, 06:29 PM   #1419
Tina
Older and wiser now

Starting now, for the next three hours, there is a 50% sale off the items in my Glimersmith store. Save 50% Off T-Shirts, Mugs, Cards, Binders, art prints, and more. For the discount, use the code: FFHSHUGEDEAL when checking out.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:40 PM   #1420
Tina
Older and wiser now

A new design for those who like petite jewelry. They can be made larger or smaller, of course, like pretty much everything else in my store. Circle necklaces. They're great for those who like simple, Modern designs, and also are perfect for business wear. There are four different chains, as you can see in the first graphic. Thanks for looking!

Old 11-23-2011, 05:23 PM   #1421
Tina
Older and wiser now

Made a new thread for this, but I'm not sure if it will be approved, so I figure I'll put it here.

Was thinking of doing a sale at the start of next month, but decided to participate in Etsy's Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions by offering a 20% discount and free shipping store-wide. Sale pricing is good for jewelry, accessories and gift certificates. The promotion is in effect November 24th at 12am Eastern time until 1am Tuesday, November 29th, Eastern. Discounts are shown and automatic, but to get free shipping, plug in this coupon code when checking out: HOLIDAYFREESHIPPING

You can use the free shipping code now if you like, but the percentage off will begin at about 1am Eastern tomorrow morning, and will automatically figure out the price of the item, so there's no waiting for a refund in paypal.

Hope all you Americans have a lovely Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #1422
Tina
Older and wiser now

I have renewed our listings for gift certificates and they are a part of our Cyber Monday sale, so the 20% off applies. Give a gift cert and your giftee can choose from anything in the shop. They are in denominations of $25, $50, $75 and $100, or drop me a note for a custom amount.

Old 12-17-2011, 02:29 PM   #1423
Tina
Older and wiser now

Things have been so busy here, with sales, taking care of a couple of businesses and family stuff, not to mention the holidays. Seems busy for everyone, but I thought I'd post and show you some new things. Also, I'm giving a 20% discount to Dimensions posters only. The coupon code for this is DIMSPEEPS. When checking out just click the link to put in coupon codes and plug it in there for your discount. I will be shipping on December 20th from the States, so there is no guarantee of timeframes, though the USPS says 2-5 days for first class. I have a listing in the store for Priority shipping, which is not guaranteed, but is supposed to take 2 days. These timeframes will only work for the US, not international.

I'm now giving free worldwide shipping to everyone all the time, so dig in. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah, y'all!

Pink Chalcedony, crystals and goldfilled components...

Dainty charm cluster necklace in sterling silver with moonstone briolette...

Pretty druzy pearls on gold-plated circle earring posts with goldfilled components...

Pink opalite with crystals on goldfilled and more of the circle post earring findings...

Tiny little skeleton key with dragonfly...

Larger key with a honeybee...

Old 12-17-2011, 02:31 PM   #1424
Tina
Older and wiser now

Another butterfly key...

And with the new toggle option, that allows you to add a toggle to any of our key necklaces (though it really doesn't look quite right with the tiny keys)...

Thanks for looking.

Old 12-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1425
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Beautiful and unique items all. It's quite obvious that a lot of thought, talent, craftsmanship and compassion goes into each piece.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote