Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Dimensions Market Place

Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM   #1451
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, write me at Etsy when it does and I'll hook you up with a coupon code for a discount in celebration.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #1452
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Take advantage of our 15% off store-wide Valentines Day sale. Use this coupon code: VALDAY when checking out for your discount. The sale is on until February 3rd.

A few new items...

Thanks for looking!!

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Old 02-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #1453
Tina
Older and wiser now

Okay, so these are just about my favorite earrings ever. They are made from vintage beads -- fluted lucite, vintage chandelier pieces, vintage faceted glass encased in a brass connector bezel, and wrapped with gold-filled wire, on gold-filled round ear wires. At almost 4" long, they are long shoulder dusters, and they glitter and just look unusual, elegant and spectacular with a bit of a funky edge. You can't tell from some of the photos, because of the way the facets in all of the beads pick up the light and colors, but all of the beads are perfectly clear.

Old 02-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #1454
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tina, how heavy are they? They're stunning, by the way.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #1455
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thanks, Lainey. I adore them. Have enough for one more pair, and I'm entertaining the thought of making a pair for myself. Haven't decided yet. They're not actually heavy at all, because the largest bead is lucite, which is light. So they're not feather-light, but they're not at all heavy, either.

Old 02-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #1456
Tina
Older and wiser now

I'm having a Val Day sale right now. Take advantage of our 15% off store-wide Valentines Day sale. Use this coupon code: VALDAY when checking out for your discount. The sale is on until tomorrow, February 3rd.

A new batch of vintage bead waterfall earrings. The first pair, for now. These babies are almost 4" long and are made of knockout red vintage lucite, put together with sterling silver. I hammered the paddle headpins and wire-wrapped all of the beads together. They're kinda eye candy... those reds!

Old 02-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #1457
Tina
Older and wiser now

And here are the other waterfall earrings. All made using vintage lucite beads, as part of my Vintage Metro series, all 4" or almost 4" long.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #1458
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am just loving all those beads.....

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 02-03-2012, 08:33 AM   #1459
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Lainey. I love them, too. I go on kicks and obsess with various things for a while and then swing back around again. I'm due to hit the gemstones again before long, but lately it's been stuff for my Vintage Metro line that I can't get out of my head. I probably have more fun with this line of jewelry than any other -- maybe the Adorned keys, too -- but with these I really dig working with color and texture.

Old 02-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #1460
Frankie
No longer a member

Frankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFrankie is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina View Post

I bought 'em! I had to have them, being in the same vein as my favorite earrings (ever) that you made:

Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #1461
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Frankie. These will be wending their way to you tomorrow!

Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM   #1462
Tina
Older and wiser now

So, I have one, potentially two pair of earrings similar to the above, but the difference being the lower bead: it's an oval twist bead instead of a fluted teardrop. In the store now, and the sale is still in effect for now...

Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #1463
Tina
Older and wiser now

Have a new batch of Adorned Steampunk keys out, but will share just two here for now.

The first is an extra large key with big dark Angel wings. Great for men or women. Have had a number of guys buying my key necklaces for themselves lately.

The keys in this new batch...

Next is a key that's about 3" long that's been Adorned with an Art Nouveau style honey bee. Also great for men or women...

More later, and thanks for looking.

Old 02-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #1464
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

I'm loving that one with the giant wings.......

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #1465
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thanks, Lainey. Been wanting to go bigger on these keys, so the wings were a must. At the same time, I have a few keys that are beyond tiny -- maybe half an inch or less in length. Adorable really. Haven't done anything with them yet.

More, smaller, keys later, and some more Vintage Metro earrings.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #1466
Tina
Older and wiser now

More from the Vintage Metro line. Long shoulder dusters. All vintage -- chandelier pieces, little black hearts wrapped with brass bezels and long gray thin trapezoidal drops, wrapped with gold-filled wire. One of a kind. Shipping tomorrow.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #1467
Tina
Older and wiser now

Some earrings, shorter, using very old buttons made of foil-backed glass buttons, and some brass-bezeled rivoli crystal lucite drops. Gold-filled wire findings.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #1468
Tina
Older and wiser now

Hi there! Been busy with orders, but I have a few things to share.

Some more vintage earrings...

Some shoe necklaces...

Some Mother's Day necklaces. These two necklaces, by the way, do not use sterling silver, but plated silver, Bali silver and gunmetal components...

Mauvey-gray freeform pearls...

And some more Adorned Steampunk keys, with a whole new batch coming up this next week...

Have a great Sunday! Husband, puppy and I are spending the day in bed, watching movies and eating brie en croute and clementines. Love these lazy Sundays. I think I feel a nap coming on!

Last edited by Tina; 02-26-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:12 AM   #1469
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Hi there! Been busy with orders, but I have a few things to share.

Some more vintage earrings...

Some shoe necklaces...

Have a great Sunday! Husband, puppy and I are spending the day in bed, watching movies and eating brie en croute and clementines. Love these lazy Sundays. I think I feel a nap coming on!
I looooooove the tiny shoes. So cute, Tina!

Hope you had a great weekend. I can't believe it's Monday. On my third cup of coffee just to stay semi-motivated. Haha.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #1470
Tina
Older and wiser now

Oh, I hear you. I haven't much steam today, frankly. Can't drink coffee, either -- well, not coffee that would wake me up, anyway -- as I have VT and caffeine gives me irregular heartbeads. Bleh. Really, I just want to take a nap, but I have work to do.

I love tiny shoes, too. So cute. I bought these charms several years ago, never did anything with them and forgot I had them until I was pokiing around in my supplies and thought I'd make some quick, cute necklaces. I have way too much inventory, but at the same time it gives me lots of options when I feel like playing.

I SO want to visit your part of the country one day. I keep seeing these breathtaking photos that make me wish I could travel to that part of Canada. If I ever do, I'm bringing jewelry...

Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #1471
Tina
Older and wiser now

Some new earrings. Very simple design of stacked tiny little gold-washed faceted Czech glass rondelles put together with gold-filled components. They really sparkle like mad. I made a little video to show a bit of that. There's no duplicating how they sparkle in candlelight, or at night, but the static photo just kind of makes them look dead, comparatively. I have silver ones, too, but they're not ready to upload today, though if you watch the video you can see the link for the vid of the silver ones. See the video.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #1472
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thought I'd post some designs that are new favorites.

I adore the mix of pearls and garnets. Usually it's creamy white pearls, but sometimes the peacock variety are just right, and this is one of those times. I've had some gorgeous, large baroque freshwater peacock pearls on hand for a while now and had put these together but hadn't listed them for a while. These garnets are really lovely ovals and some pretty spectacular tiny rounds. I combined them with darkly oxidized sterling silver for a necklace, bracelet and earrings. The magenta burgundy of the garnets combine perfectly with the gorgeous rainbow nacre of the pearls. I will, of course, adjust the sizing as needed, though for obvious reasons I would need to charge extra if the necklace or bracelet needs to be more than a couple of inches longer.

Necklace first:

The bracelet:

Earrings:

Old 04-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #1473
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Thought I'd post some designs that are new favorites.

I adore the mix of pearls and garnets. Usually it's creamy white pearls, but sometimes the peacock variety are just right, and this is one of those times. I've had some gorgeous, large baroque freshwater peacock pearls on hand for a while now and had put these together but hadn't listed them for a while. These garnets are really lovely ovals and some pretty spectacular tiny rounds. I combined them with darkly oxidized sterling silver for a necklace, bracelet and earrings. The magenta burgundy of the garnets combine perfectly with the gorgeous rainbow nacre of the pearls. I will, of course, adjust the sizing as needed, though for obvious reasons I would need to charge extra if the necklace or bracelet needs to be more than a couple of inches longer.

Necklace first:

The bracelet:

Earrings:

I am in LOVE.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:39 PM   #1474
Tina
Older and wiser now

Thank you, Gin. I love them, too. Especially the necklace. It's one of those that I had to think twice about selling, because the pearl is quite large and I don't plan on buying more. So if it doesn't sell after a while I'm keeping it.

Have a couple Steampunk key necklaces that were added not long ago. Two have new adornments. A cherub (or as one of my art and art history teachers used to call them, "flying babies')...

Lizard on a much longer vintage skeleton key from Germany...

Old 04-20-2012, 04:03 PM   #1475
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

I'm LOVING so many of those keys, Tina. Especially the larger ones.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me