Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #376
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
One cold, sad eggroll.

For lunch yesterday though, it was great: A nice big burger, fries, and an Oreo shake from Hardee's. SO good!
I'm *STILL* mad about Hardee's!!!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:59 AM   #377
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made my french chicken recipe, with the chicken breast, the carrots/zukes and the mustard tarragon sauce. Over rice. Brown rice. Which I don't like. But which I eat b/c it's good for me.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #378
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yesterday: Overly meaty deli sandwich and a Dr. Pepper. For breakfast/dinner this AM: A cream-filled doughnut during a meeting. Nothing to make the boss question your sanity like making mouth love to a pastry.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:08 AM   #379
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Last night was taco salad and tonight is chicken fajitas...I think I'm having a mexican food thingy...
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:29 AM   #380
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft

Tonite I made Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwiches on a 7 grain bread.
That is literally, a beautiful sandwich! Do you buy the Niman Ranch products locally or over the web? I read about them in eating well and have so been wanting to try their meats, but the closest place to find them is Louisville. I was wondering what buying meat on the web was like.

Last night was Papa John's Fajita pizza. The first time we had it, I really enjoyed it, but this time, not so much.

Dessert was some banana nut muffins I made from a recipe in a new cookbook I got a little while back and hadn't used yet. Not very good either. Sad, food evening.

Last edited by jamie; 06-12-2006 at 07:33 AM.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #381
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
That is literally, a beautiful sandwich! Do you buy the Niman Ranch products locally or over the web? I read about them in eating well and have so been wanting to try their meats, but the closest place to find them is Louisville. I was wondering what buying meat on the web was like.

Last night was Papa John's Fajita pizza. The first time we had it, I really enjoyed it, but this time, not so much.

Dessert was some banana nut muffins I made from a recipe in a new cookbook I got a little while back and hadn't used yet. Not very good either. Sad, food evening.
Don'tcha hate when stuff is disappointing? Makes me appreciate when things turn out well. I don't take it for granted.

And pizza - even from the same place, sometimes it's GREAT and sometimes quite sucky. sigh.

About Niman Ranch - I got it at Trader Joe's. I've never done the mail order meat thing but people do it all the time, so it must be okay.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #382
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty
ribs, brisket, beans, coleslaw, potato salad..from the Blue Pig..

OMG>.so freaking good..lol
What's the Blue Pig?
Old 06-12-2006, 08:37 AM   #383
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Don'tcha hate when stuff is disappointing? Makes me appreciate when things turn out well. I don't take it for granted.

And pizza - even from the same place, sometimes it's GREAT and sometimes quite sucky. sigh.

About Niman Ranch - I got it at Trader Joe's. I've never done the mail order meat thing but people do it all the time, so it must be okay.
Gee and all I had was tempura Shrimp cooked on the bbq, with grilled pineapple and I cooked some bell peppers, onions and asparagus in some tin foil on the grill
Old 06-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #384
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Chicken livers with onions in a gravy, with the most creamiest mashed potatoes I've ever made, with some corn. Very surprised my daughter ate the liver.

Dessert blueberries and strawberries, that have been marinating in a little sugar all day..topped with whipped cream.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #385
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

homemade fried chicken (no skin, creole seasonings, and flour) with leftover loaded mashed potatoes.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 03:42 PM   #386
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
homemade fried chicken (no skin, creole seasonings, and flour) with leftover loaded mashed potatoes.

NO SKIN???? I am shocked and dismayed.

(crispy skin is tied with lobster as my fave - oh wait. Now that's something that needs to go on the "embarrassed" thread!)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-12-2006, 04:03 PM   #387
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
NO SKIN???? I am shocked and dismayed.

(crispy skin is tied with lobster as my fave - oh wait. Now that's something that needs to go on the "embarrassed" thread!)
Without the skin, the meat sears itself to the flour and the end result is a very juicy piece of fried chicken. Though admit to having a weakens for fried chicken skin.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:16 PM   #388
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Gah... I accidentally posted this in the craving thread..can ya tell I am weak from hunger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a befuddled jamie
Tonight - it is his turn to cook, woohoo. Grilled steak, with potatoes diced and and grilled in foil, I think we are also having steamed broccoli. Dessert is blueberry cheesecake ice cream. No, it is not sugar-free, but it just sounded so good.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #389
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
Yesterday: Overly meaty deli sandwich and a Dr. Pepper. For breakfast/dinner this AM: A cream-filled doughnut during a meeting. Nothing to make the boss question your sanity like making mouth love to a pastry.
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Curses! Foiled Again!
Old 06-12-2006, 06:08 PM   #390
Jes
is oddly aroused

I do everything SVS says, like I'm a robot. Today I bought pricey 'maters, bacon and grainy bread and romaine. I've never made my own BLT. I haven't had one in 10 years.

How do you do it again? Slide the 'maters, cook the bacon, put down some lettuce and that's it? Right?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:11 PM   #391
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

2 ham and cheese sandwhiches with yellow mustard and red onion on whole wheat bread

2 sandwhiches was a BAD idea
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #392
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I do everything SVS says, like I'm a robot. Today I bought pricey 'maters, bacon and grainy bread and romaine. I've never made my own BLT. I haven't had one in 10 years.

How do you do it again? Slide the 'maters, cook the bacon, put down some lettuce and that's it? Right?
do i toast? help me.
Old 06-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #393
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
Without the skin, the meat sears itself to the flour and the end result is a very juicy piece of fried chicken.
I like it this way too. Boneless skinless chicken thighs with Old Bay added to the flour is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
do i toast? help me.
Toast it. Slather with some quality mayo. Add foofy cellophane decorated toothpicks.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:04 PM   #394
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

[QUOTE=rainyday]I like it this way too. Boneless skinless chicken thighs with Old Bay added to the flour is awesome.QUOTE]
I used legs and thighs (they had quarters for 19 cents a lb. in the 10 lb. bag; couldn't pass that up so I got 2 bags) and Tony Cachere's Creole seasoning.
Old 06-12-2006, 07:48 PM   #395
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default hmmmmmm

maggots.... nuff said

(disclaimer: Santaclear's reply was stolen from Placebo's reply on "Fear is the mind-killer - What are you afraid of?" thread)
Old 06-12-2006, 08:52 PM   #396
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Last home game of the season -

Cold fried chicken, cold mashed potatos, congealed gravy, cold corn, room temp coleslaw (there is a pattern here)
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 09:09 PM   #397
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
do i toast? help me.

Sorry! Sorry! I was delayed. lol. I took a couple of hours off to watch Hell's Kitchen on the dvr. So shoot me!

Like Rainy said - definitely toast the bread. ya gotta! And the assembly is subjective. All my life I put mayo on the bottom slice, then bacon, then tomato then lettuce then mayo on the top slice.

But now I put tomato on the bottom, then bacon, then lettuce (the mayo hasn't changed.) I think it tastes better with the bacon between the cool stuff. Altho maybe I will switch back next time for a nostalgic taste
Old 06-13-2006, 12:24 AM   #398
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

See, to me, it's not a BLT unless it's on a dense white or sourdough bread. Then Miracle Whip Light on BOTH pieces of bread, bacon on the bottom, then tomato, then lettuce.
Old 06-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #399
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If I think Miracle Whip is frankenfood I can't imagine what Miracle Whip Light must taste like.

Tonight was chicken fajitas. Strips of chicken breast, red and yellow peppers and yellow onions sauteed in garlic-infused olive oil and seasoned with chili powder, paprika and cayenne. Served in whole wheat tortillas with sharp cheddar on top and low-fat sour cream and guac on the side.

Once they were assembled I should have put them under the broiler, but instead I was lazy and just nuked them to melt the cheese.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 06:11 AM   #400
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Sorry! Sorry! I was delayed. lol. I took a couple of hours off to watch Hell's Kitchen on the dvr. So shoot me!

Like Rainy said - definitely toast the bread. ya gotta! And the assembly is subjective. All my life I put mayo on the bottom slice, then bacon, then tomato then lettuce then mayo on the top slice.

But now I put tomato on the bottom, then bacon, then lettuce (the mayo hasn't changed.) I think it tastes better with the bacon between the cool stuff. Altho maybe I will switch back next time for a nostalgic taste
God, that does sound goooood. Thanks.
I'm sure we all have different ethnic backgrounds which limited our exposure to certain things. I've had BLTs and they're simply enough, but they weren't anything we had at home b/c my mom was born and raised in a place they're not eaten. It's really interesting to see how our parents' tastes and backgrounds influence us.

Tags
dinner, supper