Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #401
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
frankly, my tummy's been bothering me since dinner. could have been the pasta. could have been the fact that it was 2-1/2 servings that I ate by myself. lol
Ya sure it wasn't grapefruit soda? Does it taste like Grapefruit juice?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #402
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Gyros with onion, tomato, lettuce, lots of sauce
Chocolate almond bakalava (homemade), turned out completely amazing!!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #403
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

salisbury steaks with gravy (Banquet frozen) and buttered rice.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #404
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Probably a KFC Mashed Potato Bowl.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:25 PM   #405
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Irish beef stew with Guinness stout (a recipe by Jeff Smith, the Frugal Gourmet). It's a little too warm for it, but it's my daughter's favorite dish and her birthday's tomorrow.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #406
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

my bacon was a DISASTER.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #407
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
my bacon was a DISASTER.
Well said, Jes!
Old 06-13-2006, 08:43 PM   #408
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bread: Sweet Buttermilk Pepperidge Farm
Condiments: Mayonnaise
Cheese: Land-O-Lakes Provolone
Meat: Mesquite Turkey Breast

Simple, absolutely Delicious.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #409
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A big salad of romaine and shredded carrots and topped with chicken breast and peppers left from last night's fajitas.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 12:32 AM   #410
missaf

missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!missaf has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Grilled chicken tenderloins with smokey flavored green beans and pita bread.
missaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:22 AM   #411
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

2 strawberry margaritas.

and as a side, a thinly sliced grilled porkchop with caramelized onions and 2 tortillas.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:05 AM   #412
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear
Well said, Jes!
I...don't get it.

So, ok. I bought deli counter bacon. It was on sale. And it was so fatty that I literally couldn't chew through it. I kept pulling at it like a dog, and it was ruining my sandwich by flying out. Not even enough taste to it, b/c it was so much fat.

So now, i have a lbs left, so I'm thinking of just taking a sharp paring knife and getting rid of as much fat as possible. Even if that means ending up with bacon bits, and then cooking those bits. I can use them in salad. I just hate to waste.

What should I have done, for correct BLT bacon? I'm not a big fat on meat fan. Some people love that, I know, but I like lean meat. I just love the bacon flavor. And plesae don't speak to me of turkey bacon, or whatever. Tried it, not going there again.

Is there a packaged, 'next to the deli counter' variety of bacon anyone would recommend? I can't get Niman at my store and I'm not going to Trader Joe's anytime soon.

Please. Help a bitch out (tm). I have the tomatoes for the BLT and they won't last forever!
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #413
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I...don't get it.

So, ok. I bought deli counter bacon. It was on sale. And it was so fatty that I literally couldn't chew through it. I kept pulling at it like a dog, and it was ruining my sandwich by flying out. Not even enough taste to it, b/c it was so much fat.

So now, i have a lbs left, so I'm thinking of just taking a sharp paring knife and getting rid of as much fat as possible. Even if that means ending up with bacon bits, and then cooking those bits. I can use them in salad. I just hate to waste.

What should I have done, for correct BLT bacon? I'm not a big fat on meat fan. Some people love that, I know, but I like lean meat. I just love the bacon flavor. And plesae don't speak to me of turkey bacon, or whatever. Tried it, not going there again.

Is there a packaged, 'next to the deli counter' variety of bacon anyone would recommend? I can't get Niman at my store and I'm not going to Trader Joe's anytime soon.

Please. Help a bitch out (tm). I have the tomatoes for the BLT and they won't last forever!
Center cut bacon would be my recommendation. Lean and you don't have the "shrinkage "factor as much as regular bacon.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #414
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Bacon fat is easily rendered if cooked in an oven. Take a roasting pan with a rack, line the bottom with tin foil and cook at 350 until you have your prefered degree of crispness. It really works!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:51 PM   #415
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Well I opened the fridge and my daughter picked out dinner, leftovers. Chicken liver, onion, gravy, mashed potatoes and corn.

Dessert, blueberries and whipped cream
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:16 PM   #416
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

rosemary flavored ham, roasted corn on the cob & asparagus and maybe some pineapple too.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #417
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

tilapia filets fried in Tony Chacere's Fry mix and crickle cut french fries.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:39 PM   #418
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am making a quiche with spinach, garlic, green onions and broccolini. Dessert is strawberry peach pie.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #419
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
See, to me, it's not a BLT unless it's on a dense white or sourdough bread. Then Miracle Whip Light on BOTH pieces of bread, bacon on the bottom, then tomato, then lettuce.
Keep the rabbit food - just gimme several thick slices of very crispy bacon wrapped up in an untoasted slab of doughy white bread, held in place with a generous slathering of mayo.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM   #420
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67
Keep the rabbit food - just gimme several thick slices of very crispy bacon wrapped up in an untoasted slab of doughy white bread, held in place with a generous slathering of mayo.
Now I am a heretic. Thick slices of white bread, crispy bacon, lettuce, cheese, and ...ketchup.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #421
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken
and ...ketchup.
Uh oh...are you sure you don't want to remove that before SVS gets here... I would hate for you to be banned from the Foodee Board for saying the K word.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:58 PM   #422
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Now I am a heretic. Thick slices of white bread, crispy bacon, lettuce, cheese, and ...ketchup.
11th Commandment: Thou shalt not put ketchup on bacon!!

good grief - you and my father are/were heathens

ETA: It's just SO wrong!!
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #423
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 06:45 PM   #424
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Uh oh...are you sure you don't want to remove that before SVS gets here... I would hate for you to be banned from the Foodee Board for saying the K word.
You are so right! But, he is lucky that I just had a heavenly dinner. So I am in a good mood
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-14-2006, 06:50 PM   #425
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

So, I am driving home from work and I drive past a local seafood restaurant. They specialize in fish (not shellfish which I adore). And there is a sign out front that says "All You Can Eat Crabs TODAY". I almost had an accident!

My mind races. Who do I know locally who can go to dinner with me? It was already after 6 PM, so it had to be someone really near by. I called one friend but he already had plans, and my roomie hates seafood.

So, I decided to go alone! But then I realized - DUH! Maybe they will just sell me some and I can bring them home. And they did

I got a dozen old bay style Maryland Blue Claw Crabs. I am one happy girl, my friends

Tags
dinner, supper