Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 06-17-2006, 07:03 AM   #451
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
eh... CiCi's pizza. Not good at all, by any stretch of the imagination, but we are going out with friends and then over to their house to swim into the night, so I will manage. Wish I had thought ahead and made Randi's fruit dip.
Actually, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CiCi's. Now I wish to eat a whole pizza... *Sigh.*
Old 06-17-2006, 07:18 AM   #452
upender

upender has said some nice things

I'm about to head out to the farmer's market and I'll find out when I get there. Dinner will be six. Spinach something or asparagus something, pesto something, and maybe the organic pork guy will be there. The only thing settled at this point is blueberry pie and ice cream.
upender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:20 AM   #453
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
Actually, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE CiCi's. Now I wish to eat a whole pizza... *Sigh.*
I like the things around the pizza, the little curly-q pasta with the white sauce and the breadsticks and the cinnamon rolls, but the pizza portion here is usually a let down. The boys I was with though *really really* loved it. I have never seen skinny men eat that much before in my life. Oh, I like the brownies too. It was ok last night...but they had a macaroni and cheese pizza that I would say qualified as scary :P.

SVS - I didn't have time to run by the store, or I would have. We swam until 1am and had so much fun, I think we are doing it again next Friday...so I am planning on bringing it then.
jamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #454
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

There was a special on small lobster tails for 2 bucks, so I grabbed 20 of them.
Going to bbq about 5 of them and bbq a steak, baked potato with sour cream and onion, and of course butter, and some grilled veggies, zucchini, red onion and mushrooms
Dessert triple berry cheesecake ice cream.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #455
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi
There was a special on small lobster tails for 2 bucks, so I grabbed 20 of them.
Going to bbq about 5 of them and bbq a steak, baked potato with sour cream and onion, and of course butter, and some grilled veggies, zucchini, red onion and mushrooms
I know where I'm goin' for dinner.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:47 AM   #456
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Last night was boneless pork chops baked in one of those seasoning bags (first try doing that; not bad), taters and steamed asparagus.

I could really have done lobster tails though. That sounds yum!
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:53 PM   #457
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

After two chalupas and half an order of nachos and reading the posts of certain people here, I'm ready to vomit.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #458
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh
Inspired by Jes's carbonara pasta salad - garlic parsley fetticucini with bacon, alfredo and asparagus.
Did you try my final version, K? It's not carbonara, as I couldn't see a way of making that work, but it's quite cute. In a homey, comfort-food way, not an haute cuisine way. But it's a hit in this household.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #459
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
That doesn't even exist!!
Old 06-17-2006, 04:08 PM   #460
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
That doesn't even exist!!

It does exist when you make it homemade
Old 06-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #461
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fair food! Half of a ribeye sandwich, a bite of his italian sausage, we split a funnel cake, lemon slush and an ice cream cone.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #462
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

We had burgers hot off the grill on ciabata rolls with all the trimmings and really fresh sweet corn with real butter...I am stuffed!!
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:16 PM   #463
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

leftover steamed rice with some butter and hot sauce added for flavor.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:18 PM   #464
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I love this thread! Tonight we're having 1lb porterhouse steaks cooked on the weber and the side is broccoli and cauliflower. (no starch, seeing as we filled up on chips and guacamole, mini cupcakes, krispy cremes and oreos!)
Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #465
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Tonight: Delicious homemade 15 bean and ham soup that my roommie made and 3 cheese totellini pasta salad that I made.
I figure that, with a stretch of the imagination, this may be considered an 18 course meal!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:28 PM   #466
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chinese food from a local restaurant (all appetizers): small spring rolls, giuyim shrimp (shrimp tossed with seasoned flour, then sauteed in garlic and black pepper), hargau (shrimp wrapped in thin dumpling skin then steamed) and barbecued spare ribs.

It sounded better than it was.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:05 AM   #467
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

I LOVE hargau! Honestly, I think I might eat myself to death if given unlimited amounts of it. Thankfully, my mom makes it like once a year and otherwise no restaurants within a 300 mile radius make it.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #468
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSadeianLinguist
I LOVE hargau! Honestly, I think I might eat myself to death if given unlimited amounts of it. Thankfully, my mom makes it like once a year and otherwise no restaurants within a 300 mile radius make it.
There is a restaurant about 45 minutes from me that makes it soooo good. It's so fresh and full of flavor.

But this place - it was almost tasteless. I was SOOO disappointed.

Looking at that plate, it makes me want it all again, but like I said, it wasn't very good. This particular restaurant has really good sounding dishes on its menu, but their execution is almost always a letdown.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 06-18-2006, 09:39 AM   #469
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
It does exist when you make it homemade
you hush your mouth!
Old 06-18-2006, 12:53 PM   #470
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Well for Father's day, we had a big lunch which included:
Soulvaki ribs
BBQ ribs
Lots of wings
Corn on the cob
Poor man's potato salad (LOL potatoes, lots of eggs and onion with mayo, salt and pepper soo good)
Toss salad
Stuffed mushrooms

Dessert was a blizzard ice cream cake from Dairy Queen
Old 06-18-2006, 02:16 PM   #471
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mongolian BBQ probably.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #472
jamie
...tickled...

Bbq'ed chicken, buttered corn, and parmesan brussel sprouts. Dessert was a fruit salad of strawberries, peaches and a little whipped cream.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #473
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

We went to one of our fave new places tonite (Berna and NancyGirl, you payin' attention? ) The Skylark Diner. It's a really neat place - has kind of a retro-futuristic feel to it. Yeah, I know. How can it be retro and futuristic? Well think...Jetsons.

We've never been disappointed with the food there. Today I remembered to bring my camera.

My appetizer was:

a Lump Crab and Avocado Tower with ruby red grapefruit vinaigrette and fresh chives. This was incredible!! You can't tell here, but under all that salad was tons of sweet, fresh lump crabmeat. And lots of avocado. Really good! I would get it again!!

My main dish was:

Sliced Filet Mignon Sandwich with arugula, roasted tomatoes, shaved red onion, bleu cheese spread on a homemade ciabatta. Served with onion rings and french fries. I forgot to take a pic till I was halfway done! This was delish! The fries were amazing and the meat...yum!

My roomie's dessert was:

Sky High Ricotta Cheesecake with short dough crust, vanilla and strawberry sauce.

And mine was:

Three Continent Brulee with Classic “Tahitian’ vanilla, “Belgium” chocolate, and “Columbian” café latte. Only problem was, they gave me 2 cafes and no chocolate
Old 06-18-2006, 08:46 PM   #474
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

starters was spinach dip w/ garlic & parmesean pita chips and slasl fresco w/Tostitos Scoops

shake n bake boneless pork chops, loaded mashed potatoes, buttered broccoli, and rolls

dessert was Italian cream cake
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:14 PM   #475
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We had dinner at the Cracker Barrel. But it was really late, and I didn't feel like having a steak, or a burger.

So I had the veggie plate (four of their side vegetables, in larger portions): green beans, corn, turnip greens, and mashed potatoes and gravy.

Tags
dinner, supper