Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Question What are you having for breakfast

This morning my auntie and my Mama are making buttermilk biscuits, floured and fried pork chops, fried eggs, hashbrowns,fried tomato, and bacon gravy.....

What are you having?
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sausage gravy over biscuits and scrambled eggs
cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:32 AM   #3
crayola box

crayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going oncrayola box knows EXACTLY what's going on

Wow ^^ those are some breakfasts, especially for a Monday. I had instant oatmeal with banana, peach, blueberries, cinnamon, flaxseeds, walnuts and a drizzle of agave and almond milk mixed in- quick and easy
crayola box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Pioneer Woman's Cinammon Baked French Toast

I made this over the weekend and it was the absolutely most delicious freaking breakfast I've ever had. Ever. Ever. EVER!!! I did add toasted pecans. The crust was crunchy and sweet and the bottom french toast layer was moist and gooey and ... man. I'm getting flushed just thinking about it

It took all of 10 minutes of prep time and turned out perfect. Only thing I'd add is that Ree was off a bit on cooking time (or my oven is a piece of crap, which is more likely). It took 1 1/2 hours to bake to the mostly firm texture that my family likes. At 45 minutes (her recommendation) it was still very soupy.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had some hot Grands with a lil bit of bacon stuffed inside and a big cup of coffee.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM   #6
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Frozen grapes.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #7
jcas50
Liberal Scum

jcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot picsjcas50 does more than just post hot pics
Default Breakfast

I had ciccioli bread - Italian lard bread with diced rendered pork bellies. Its like a little bit of heaven in your hand, here is a recipe.

Napoletana "CASATIELLO" Lard Bread. The Easy Way.

Use Frozen Bread Dough. NOT PIZZA DOUGH. Since you'll want to make a few loaves, then in advance Prepare diced dry salami, diced pecorino cheese, diced salt pork or pork bellies (rendered=fried slowly until crisp) called "ciccioli". salt & pepper.

Coat a large bowl with olive oil and place 1 frozen loaf, 1lb, into it, add all fixin's on top and Let Rise (first time). Punch down and mix fixin's into dough. DO NOT OVERWORK THE DOUGH, JUST MIX. Set aside in bowl and Let Rise (second time). Punch down and mix again, then shape dough into a long (french bread log), cut in two and Braid into a round circle. Place onto a oven heated baking stone, with cornmeal on stone to prevent sticking, OR, in an oil sprayed disposable aluminum angel food pan. Bake in 450 degree oven for about an hour (or less) and be sure to "spray water" on the baking bread every 15 minutes to get a nice brown crusty bread. Let Cool. Then Enjoy. Mangiare e Buon Appetito. Saluti, Angelo

Tips: You can use Prosciutto, Ham, Pancetta, Provelone, Asiago or whatever tastes you prefer. The most "important" is "CICCIOLI".

I ALSO HAD COFFEE AND A TANGERINE.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:52 PM   #8
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcas50 View Post
I had ciccioli bread - Italian lard bread with diced rendered pork bellies. Its like a little bit of heaven in your hand, here is a recipe.
Oh wooooow.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #9
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not a big breakfast person and don't like to put much thought or time into it. Almost every morning my breakfast is either A. a cup of Fiber One yogurt with 3/4 c of a Kashi type cereal from Aldi (a near fiber overload, but it makes my insides happy), or B. one of those 100 calorie sandwich rounds toasted with some natural peanut butter and some strawberry fruit spread, or C. a toasted & buttered sandwich round with an egg on one half and fruit spread on the other. A big travel mug full of coffee is a must too.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Corwynis

Corwynis can now change their title

2 Poptarts and a banana
Corwynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:40 PM   #11
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This morning it was Greek yogurt with vanilla, honey, toasted pecans, toasted coconut and blueberries. It was yummy, but I'm really looking forward to the last piece of homemade quiche (spinach, onion and gruyere) tomorrow morning.

The french toast and Italian bread look fantastic. Thanks for the recipes; I think I'll be trying them soon!
Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #12
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraciJo67 View Post
I made this over the weekend and it was the absolutely most delicious freaking breakfast I've ever had. Ever. Ever. EVER!!! I did add toasted pecans. The crust was crunchy and sweet and the bottom french toast layer was moist and gooey and ... man. I'm getting flushed just thinking about it

It took all of 10 minutes of prep time and turned out perfect. Only thing I'd add is that Ree was off a bit on cooking time (or my oven is a piece of crap, which is more likely). It took 1 1/2 hours to bake to the mostly firm texture that my family likes. At 45 minutes (her recommendation) it was still very soupy.
Quote:
...She’s a little sensitive about her head swell...
LOL!! Yes, and I've got to make the recipe too.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #13
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
LOL!! Yes, and I've got to make the recipe too.
I get excited when a recipe turns out well because it's not often the case for me. Mostly, it's my fault (ok, always). I can't leave well enough alone and end up trying to modify things to my liking. I love The Pioneer Woman Cooks because her recipes are simple and call for ingredients that I'd normally use, anyway (reference: simple).

I've made her biscuits and gravy for breakfast, too. Creamy, rich, and emphasis on shortcuts (using canned biscuits, photos clearly deliniating every action she takes, etc). I can't think of one thing I've made from that website --- if I didn't take it upon myself to make changes --- that didn't turn out yummy.
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #14
paintsplotch
paint me happy

paintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized reppaintsplotch has super-sized rep

im still currently munching on a corn muffin that has seen better days. lol
Old 03-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #15
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I rarely put much effort into breakfast and don't like most breakfast foods, so it's pretty much whatever is quick and easy and at least somewhat healthy to get me off to a decent start. Today I had a good sized avocado with some chili-lime seasoning sprinkled on it. Some days I have a BLT sandwich. Some days I have a bowl of soup. Some days cottage cheese and fruit. Some days a couple fiber crackers and hummus. It all depends.

Tracy
Old 03-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #16
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Usually it's just steel-cut oats or toast and jam. I splurged a little yesterday morning. . .

Last edited by smithnwesson; 03-30-2011 at 09:19 AM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #17
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Dang!! Don'tcha just love a man who can weave bacon??? Everything looked great.

My favorite breakfast is steel cut oats done overnight in the crockpot with nuts, cinnamon, brown sugar and cut up dried apples and of course the oats. If this swounds vaguely familiar it's because I got the recipe from Sunni, who will have my eternal gratitude.
Old 03-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #18
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was just thinking the same thing about his bacon and humming Dream Weaver to myself as I drooled over the pic.

S&W-besides crushed black pepper--what else is sprinkled on those eggs or was it crushed mixed peppercorns?

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-01-2011, 05:27 AM   #19
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I was just thinking the same thing about his bacon and humming Dream Weaver to myself as I drooled over the pic.

S&W-besides crushed black pepper--what else is sprinkled on those eggs or was it crushed mixed peppercorns?
Just salt, pepper, and a little butter -- just like the grits. I DID NOT put butter on the bacon, 'cause my doc said to cut back on saturated fats.

We eats heart-healthy, 'round here.

- Jim
Old 04-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #20
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Jackie isn't into breakfast*, so there is no big breakfast production here at our house. I pretty much have the same thing every morning. A bowl of Kashi Go Lean cereal, topped with raisins and bathed in skim milk.

*It's a darn shame, because breakfast food is the one thing I can cook well.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:12 PM   #21
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

I love biscuits and gravy or pancakes and bacon.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:14 PM   #22
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

I'm almost always a Greek yogurt and drizzle of honey with a glass of OJ and mug of coffee girl with my two handsful of vitamins.

Free me, free yourself
No longer hold me

Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #23
Sydney Vicious

Sydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized repSydney Vicious has super-sized rep

This morning it's about to be some cinnamon vanilla french toast, bacon, scrambled eggs, coffee and some watermelon
tomorrow? Biscuts and gravy at a tiny local diner that only serves breakfast. only the best kind of place to get your grease on!!
Old 04-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #24
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics
Default Baked french toast casserole

I read on here (somewhere) about a baked french toast casserole (from the Pioneer Woman Cooks..I think). DH and I happened to be in a Publix store in Nashville so I picked up a loaf of Challah bread..I read that it makes great french toast so it's worth a try...OMG..OMG that stuff was way passed incredible. I had some real maple syrup and drizzled it over the casserole after I served it up. It was kinda like dessert for breakfast. The leftovers reheated well. So we ate if for about 3 days. This morning we had a Ham, Asparagus and gruyere cheese frittata (recipe from America's Test Kitchen) and some home fries. So very good, and really good cuz it will be DH breakfast on school mornings (Tues and Thurs)
Old 04-09-2011, 03:08 PM   #25
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This morning I had leftovers from last night's dinner: macaroni cheese with onion, mushrooms and bacon. nom nom nom.