Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 06-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #201
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I like using a full measure of the Diet Fountain Mist (Diet Dew), and a 1/4 measure of the Crystal light lemonade. Its the closest I can get to a real diet dew.
I do that too and add some cherry torani to make "Red Dew"
Old 11-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #202
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

We had a BevMo! open up in Chico so we decided to check it out yesterday. They had a whole section dedicated to craft root beers. So i decided to pick up a couple!

This one was a good, classic flavored root beer. Made with cane sugar and tasted almost like a liquid root beer barrel. It was good.

This one was really interesting. It was a clear beer. Its bouquet was really strong smelling of root beer but when you took a swig it had root beer under flavors but had a strong almost minty side taste. It reminded me of some candy i've had in my life. I cant put my finger on WHAT candy that was though. I liked it, maybe it was different since i called itself a birch beer I shared my bottles with Max and the hubs and they both think we should go there once in a while to sample different kinds of root beer
Old 11-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #203
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oooo, I don't know those root beers. Congrats on finding new rooties to try!
Old 11-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #204
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My favorite sub/hoagie shop now features Pennsylvania Dutch brand Birch beer on the soda fountain (along with Coke, Diet Coke etc.). I've never heard of this stuff. It was really tasty. I need to go back and try it again so I can describe it.

It really seemed out of place, since its based out of New Jersey.. but since this sub/hoagie sub shop claims to be east coast authentic, I'm not going to argue.. I'm just going to get more beer.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #205
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Chico!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
"This one was really interesting. It was a clear beer. Its bouquet was really strong smelling of root beer but when you took a swig it had root beer under flavors but had a strong almost minty side taste. It reminded me of some candy i've had in my life. I cant put my finger on WHAT candy that was though. I liked it, maybe it was different since i called itself a birch beer..."
I'm immediately thinking of those fancy Christmas candies you get out of a tin. And, of course, Snapple's all too brief foray into the root-beer market.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #206
BigCutieLaurel

BigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going onBigCutieLaurel knows EXACTLY what's going on

I think I had root beer once. It's like a sweeter version of sarsparilla right? I LOVE sarsparilla.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #207
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Root beer, birch beer, and sarsaparilla are all similar beverages. They are also all delicious.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:39 PM   #208
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I'm immediately thinking of those fancy Christmas candies you get out of a tin. And, of course, Snapple's all too brief foray into the root-beer market.
That might be the flavor. I just can't put my finger on it.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:40 PM   #209
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Root beer, birch beer, and sarsaparilla are all similar beverages. They are also all delicious.
I agree!
Old 11-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #210
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Drank a shit-ton of sarsaparilla in the video game "Fallout: New Vegas". I consider myself an expert.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #211
Dromond
Old school

Check this out.

http://smalltownbrewery.com/?page_id=11

"Not Your Father's Root Beer" is a 10% ABV root beer. The reviews I've read say it tastes like a high quality root beer with the alcohol flavor being unnoticeable. Sounds dangerous! Since I can't have alcohol, I can't ever try it. Maybe one of you intrepid root beer lovers will find a way to get some and tell me what it's like!
Old 01-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #212
Dromond
Old school

A totally new root beer review!

What we have today is Grown Up Soda Dry Root Beer. "Not too sweet," it says.

The ingredients are "purified sparkling water, cane sugar, birch oil and other natural flavors, caramel color (from cane sugar), quilaja, citric acid."

Frowning at the screw on cap, I remove it and take a sniff. Classic root beer nose, nothing surprising. Pouring reveals a very anemic head, looking more like a typical soda fizz. Sniffing again before drinking gives me pause, as I detect a bit of an astringent undertone.

The flavor is harsh. The astringent nose is present in the aftertaste. The mouth feel is watery, and it tastes like carbonated mouthwash. I can understand wanting a less sweet root beer - some of the brands overdo the sugar to the point of being cloying - but they've gone too far. The drink suffers greatly from having too little sugar.

I am thinking the astringent taste is the birch oil unmitigated by sweetness. Not a pleasant experience. It has less than half the sugar of a typical soda, judging by the carb count and calories per serving.

I'm advising everyone to take a pass on this root beer. It's just too harsh and watery. Not good at all.

The picture:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-01-17 19.48.51.jpg (215.2 KB, 143 views)
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #213
PunkyGurly74
History wonkette

PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!PunkyGurly74 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Soo..we went to new restaurant in Columbus called Melt (http://meltbarandgrilled.com/menu/) and they had an extensive drink menu.....(as well as totally awesome food!) and they had several root beers. However, the one that caught our attention was Hard Root Beer made by one of my favorite root beer companies - Sprecher's and it was quite tasty

I'm not aware of too many things. I know what I know if you know what I mean. Do ya?

Last edited by PunkyGurly74; 01-17-2014 at 08:35 PM.
PunkyGurly74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #214
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I recently tried a "dry" vanilla bean soda that was very similar to Dromond's description of the "dry" rootbeer but not as severe. It lacked alot of things including calories.

It was like I was drinking something that was intended to be a mixer.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #215
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, I am officially in the land down under, where it is pretty impossible to find root beer at all. The only place we've had any luck is the local Costco (closest thing we have here to an American store), where they sell... Faygo. I bought some because, well, that was the only option - though from the reviews here there doesn't seem to be much hope of too pleasant an experience.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:11 PM   #216
Dromond
Old school

It's no Sprecher's, that's for sure.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #217
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Maybe not the point, but

Quote:
"The flavor is harsh...I am thinking the astringent taste is the birch oil unmitigated by sweetness. Not a pleasant experience. It has less than half the sugar of a typical soda, judging by the carb count and calories per serving..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
"I recently tried a "dry" vanilla bean soda that was very similar to Dromond's description of the "dry" rootbeer but not as severe. It lacked alot of things including calories..."
You've made me curious all the same. Sometimes things just taste differently to different people: I used to work with a guy who was diabetic, could only drink diet-soda. If he had so much as a swig of regular, it would taste like syrup to him. I'm also told that if you persistently reduce/remove-all of the salt from your diet, it will eventually effect your taste as well; e.g. at a certain point something like a normal bag of potato chips or even a decent hot-dog will taste god-awful.

Maybe these products are really for people who already consume less sugar & salt but are still craving the natural essence of the drink. Also, keep in mind, as with beers & champagnes of mixed quality, more carbonation can go a long way toward enhancing flavor. If that's not something you're used to, I can see how it would give a drink more of a harsh feel to it.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #218
Dromond
Old school

Today's review is Maine Root root beer.

This one has a legitimate bottle cap. I approve. Removing the cap reveals a strong root beer nose with a hint of spiciness I can't identify.

Pouring produces a satisfying and long lasting head, which is important for a root beer to have. The flavor is classic root beer with an undertone of spice that suggests cinnamon. Carbonation is strong, but not harshly so. The mouthfeel is pleasantly creamy, and the aftertaste is understated but long lasting. Afterward I had a good belch.

All in all, I really like it. 4 out of 5 rating for Maine Root.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_05.jpg (24.7 KB, 120 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 PM   #219
Dromond
Old school

Another review, I'll keep this one short.

Brownie Caramel Cream Root Beer. No head to speak of, very weak carbonation, medicinal nose with medicinal flavor, watery mouthfeel, and terrible aftertaste. It sucks. A lot. Never buy this.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #220
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh man, that Maine Root stuff sounds like my dream root beer, because after trying Sprecher's Puma Kola I was thinking a hint of cinnamon would be great in a root beer!
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:26 AM   #221
Dromond
Old school

For cinnamon in your root beer, you can't do better than Gale's.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:28 PM   #222
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We took a field trip to a soda shop today that has at least fifty different root beers. In the summer during their high season they have about 200! I bought a butterscotch root beer to try because it just sounded intriguing.
Old 02-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #223
Dromond
Old school

Butterscotch root beer is AMAZING.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:44 PM   #224
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Butterscotch root beer is AMAZING.
It was awesome!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #225
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

WHere is Dromond?!?! Did anyone review Hansen's Creamy Root Beer? Did I? haha

I am waiting for it to chill but here are the ingredients:

Pure triple filtered carbonated water, sugar, caramel color, wintergreen, birch, anise, SASSAFRAS, Tahitian vanilla extract, citric acid

Too bad they didn't use honey but at least they got the vanilla

Review to come soon!
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote