Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #151
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Tad, I found them at a shop on the main street of Gananoque, Woodchuck Gallery. They work with a local manufacturer in Thailand, importing the shirts directly from a small village there. Yes, the sizing runs small, but they noted that, and let me try them on - an XXL worked find, where usually I need an XL. I think they had some 3XL as well. The selection comes and goes as they import them in smallish quantities. Perhaps the most amazing part is that the shirts are machine washable! They're great travel shirts - wear all day in the car or airplane, and the occasional wrinkle just falls out with a shake.

Today's first world problem: the ice makers in the IKEA cafe were both out of service this evening!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:14 AM   #152
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1) Thanks, hiker!

2) No icecream at Ikea? I'm surprised there wasn't riots! Have you ever sat by the exit and watched how many people buy ice cream on the way out? (I was waiting for someone at the time, so only a small sample, but the number of cones flying out during those few minutes was impressive)

3) My problem for the day: I took Friday off, and after a three day weekend it is hard getting focused on work.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:49 PM   #153
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My cellphone provider sent me a text message notifying me that if I exceed 3GB/mo of data usage again, they'll slow down my connection.

WTF. I'm already paying $20/month more than their 5GB plan (the highest they currently offer) to keep my legacy unlimited 3G data plan. From a revenue/cost perspective, the last thing they should want me to do is change my contract (ok, next-to-last; the LAST thing they would want is for me to change carriers).

I'm prepared to spend far more than I'd save, just to spite them. By re-activating my satellite radio subscriptions and getting the hardware to make that work on my motorbikes, I could cut my cellular data usage to where I'd be spending less than half what I do now.

The thing that most annoys me is that I've nearly optimized my phone/bike setup to do everything I want it to (communication, navigation, and entertainment, over bluetooth) and now I have to start over.

On the plus side, it might allow me to integrate bike-to-bike communication into my system, which is the only thing I've been lacking.

Last edited by CleverBomb; 09-16-2013 at 07:51 PM.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:37 PM   #154
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have to wait to download iOS7 AND GTA V is loading on my Xbox. Why do I have to wait on TECHNOLOGY!!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #155
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wanted to listen to music while I grilled steaks but my stupid laptop needed charging and the cord was clear on another floor.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #156
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Tim Horton's sells White Hot Chocolate by the cup, but won't sell the powder to make it at home!
Old 02-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #157
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've never liked the feel of my laptop (poor key feel, track buttons that don't press consistently, a sharp edge along the front that bugs my wrists). But I've had it less than two years and really can't justify replacing it so soon. (the danger of buying something purely online)
Old 02-02-2017, 02:39 PM   #158
fat hiker

Whereas my problem with the family laptop bought online is trying to get Windows 10 to recognise peripherals; the HP B/W printer, the HP Photosmart printer, the HP scanner, all of which worked properly with Windows XP and Windows 7 (were, in fact, plug 'n' play with Windows 7), now can't be found with Windows 10 - or if found, won't accept or run with their installed drivers.

FWP!
Old 02-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #159
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The Lcbo didn't have my brand of champaign
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:20 PM   #160
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There's no more sauce to go with all that leftover spaghetti

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:28 PM   #161
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions communityCrumbling is a pillar of the Dimensions community

In the past week we have had mailshots from six different companies saying 'fibre is available in your area' and 3 phone calls from our current ISP asking if we want to upgrade.

We can't get fibre internet because there is no capacity at the exchange and there is no schedule for that situation changing.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:03 PM   #162
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post

Almost forgot liquor control board stores still exist. Alberta got rid of theirs ages ago. Hated the ALCB -- they actually checked IDs. Had to pay off-sales prices until I was 18 (another First World problem).
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #163
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
There's no more sauce to go with all that leftover spaghetti
This is when you go to allrecipes.com and download the recipe for Cincinnati-style chili. It contains chocolate. Cross my heart.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #164
fat hiker

Quote:

Illinois?

('cause the French bubbly drink is Champagne - though an American auto-correct might make that 'Champaign'.....)
Old 02-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #165
fat hiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Almost forgot liquor control board stores still exist. Alberta got rid of theirs ages ago. Hated the ALCB -- they actually checked IDs. Had to pay off-sales prices until I was 18 (another First World problem).
I thought Quebec was the only province with a legal drinking age of less than 19? Alberta too?
Old 02-16-2017, 10:23 PM   #166
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
Illinois?

('cause the French bubbly drink is Champagne - though an American auto-correct might make that 'Champaign'.....)

Haha, iphone did something weird. I actually call it "cham-pag-ne" as a joke (like ling-ger-y for lingerie)

As for LCBO - meh. It's never been an option. Ot to go to it, so i think about it as much as I do hst - just a fact of life =p
Old 02-16-2017, 10:28 PM   #167
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Haha, iphone did something weird. I actually call it "cham-pag-ne" as a joke (like ling-ger-y for lingerie)

As for LCBO - meh. It's never been an option. Ot to go to it, so i think about it as much as I do hst - just a fact of life =p
Well technically since the wine you like is not from France it's not champagne anyway. It's sparkling wine, the name champagne is reserved for a specific region of France. Same as tequila can only come from Mexico
Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 PM   #168
op user

op user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesop user can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I couldn't put the SIM card on a new mobile!
op user is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:02 AM   #169
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Well technically since the wine you like is not from France it's not champagne anyway. It's sparkling wine, the name champagne is reserved for a specific region of France. Same as tequila can only come from Mexico

*shrug* borrreedd
Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #170
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat hiker View Post
I thought Quebec was the only province with a legal drinking age of less than 19? Alberta too?
Yes, and Manitoba as well.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #171
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Yes, and Manitoba as well.
Yep. Due to such weirdness I never turned the legal drinking age ...

- at 16 moved from Ontario (19) to France (16), and suddenly was legal.
- at 18 moved back from France (16) to Ontario (19) and was no longer legal.
- While still 18 moved from Ontario (19) to Manitoba (18) for a four month work term, and was legal again
- By the end of the work term I'd turned 19, so when I moved back from Manitoba (18) to Ontario (19) I stayed legal.

So never had that stereotype moment of someone saying "We should take you out for a drink tonight, now that you are legal!" Also developed a healthy scorn for the fervor that some people develop when defending such arbitrary cut-offs.
Old 02-17-2017, 04:02 PM   #172
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The shopping bags we use in our home recycling center to separate plastic, paper, and metal are wearing out. And since we do almost all our shopping online, we have no way to replace them.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:33 AM   #173
Tad
mostly harmless

Being sick all long weekend, wasting a day off when I would have called in sick anyway.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #174
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Actually not a First World problem. But a problem everywhere were you have strong legal restrictions on buying alcohol - or where it is exceedingly expensive thanks to a state monopoly.
Look into alcohol smuggling between Indian states or African countries. Or moon-shining is such countries - leads to thousands of deaths every year.

Having grown up myself between a wine-growing region (with wine cellar tours as early as in junior high) and drinking age 21 - I strongly advocate for liberal legislation and teaching a good drinking culture.
Restrictions only lead to setting too much store in the quantity of alcohol intake - when it is actually the quality the focus should be on.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 AM   #175
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

My parents had crappy taste in alcohol so the drinking age was never an issue because it was disgusting. It's taken close to a decade of my hubby exposing me to lovelycocktails and now burbouns for me to find what i like!

We are going to steak twice this week (with the outlaws and friends, seperately). I don't want to wait until tomorrow!!

We have been watching food porn on nerflix to be fair...