Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-01-2011, 03:37 PM   #251
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieD View Post
People who say "well that's ok, because..." For example, I'm telling you that I'm having a bad day due to a series of events, then you say "well that's ok, because..." And you start to tell me how bad your day is... FU!!! Its not ok!!!! It sucks!!!! Blah!!!! I have no problem listening and comparing shitty day stories, or whatever we are comparing, but don't discredit what I may be going through. I understand that you very well could have a shittier day then me, but don't take away from my shittiness...you know?
Hahaha, THAT'S NOTHING.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:42 PM   #252
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zowie View Post
Hahaha, THAT'S NOTHING.

Oh hell, I *love* Topper!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM   #253
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
People who say "well that's ok, because..." For example, I'm telling you that I'm having a bad day due to a series of events, then you say "well that's ok, because..." And you start to tell me how bad your day is... FU!!! Its not ok!!!! It sucks!!!! Blah!!!! I have no problem listening and comparing shitty day stories, or whatever we are comparing, but don't discredit what I may be going through. I understand that you very well could have a shittier day then me, but don't take away from my shittiness...you know?
LOL you know this reminds me of a phrase I've heard a couple of times "You THINK you're fat you should see this guy down the block" and different varations on who the fatty is who has trumped my fatness.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:15 AM   #254
FishCharming
derailer extraordinaire!

FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!FishCharming has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default this one's for you surley!

(From Cracked.com's "6 personality quirks you didn't know were medical conditions)

Misophonia

Everyone has certain sounds that annoy them. Whether it's the sound of humming, knuckle cracking or Alan Alda's voice, there are just certain noises that drive us crazy. But what happens when people take their hatred a little too far? Misophonia happens, that's what.

Misophonia is a condition where the sufferer is enraged by normal, generally inoffensive sounds. These sounds can come from people eating, breathing, coughing or making any other everyday noise. While most people will get annoyed at certain sounds being repeated, people with misophonia will hulk the fuck out the instant they become aware that their hated sound is occurring. Cases have been reported of people with misophonia literally punching holes in walls, chucking objects across rooms and becoming eye-stabbingly enraged at family dinners simply because they heard someone chewing (really should have expected some chewing at dinner, though, Crazy Person).

Interestingly, the hatred is even more severe when the forbidden sound is coming from someone who is emotionally connected to the sufferer, like a family member or close friend, which makes Thanksgiving with a misophonia sufferer sound like just the worst torture ever.

Understandably, people with misophonia suffer many social problems as a result of the condition. They have trouble dating, as they tend to clobber (hopefully) inanimate objects during meal times. Many misophoniacs are forced to eat by themselves in a closed off environment, as the rage is not activated when the sufferer himself is producing the sounds.

Sufferers can try sensitivity training or Anxiolytics to quell the sudden waves of rage. Or failing that, rearrange your life such that you never hear that sound again. Ban gum from your house? Blend all of your meals so you drink them instead of eating them? We're just spit-balling here.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #255
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post
(From Cracked.com's "6 personality quirks you didn't know were medical conditions)

Misophonia

Everyone has certain sounds that annoy them. Whether it's the sound of humming, knuckle cracking or Alan Alda's voice, there are just certain noises that drive us crazy. But what happens when people take their hatred a little too far? Misophonia happens, that's what.

Misophonia is a condition where the sufferer is enraged by normal, generally inoffensive sounds. These sounds can come from people eating, breathing, coughing or making any other everyday noise. While most people will get annoyed at certain sounds being repeated, people with misophonia will hulk the fuck out the instant they become aware that their hated sound is occurring. Cases have been reported of people with misophonia literally punching holes in walls, chucking objects across rooms and becoming eye-stabbingly enraged at family dinners simply because they heard someone chewing (really should have expected some chewing at dinner, though, Crazy Person).

Interestingly, the hatred is even more severe when the forbidden sound is coming from someone who is emotionally connected to the sufferer, like a family member or close friend, which makes Thanksgiving with a misophonia sufferer sound like just the worst torture ever.

Understandably, people with misophonia suffer many social problems as a result of the condition. They have trouble dating, as they tend to clobber (hopefully) inanimate objects during meal times. Many misophoniacs are forced to eat by themselves in a closed off environment, as the rage is not activated when the sufferer himself is producing the sounds.

Sufferers can try sensitivity training or Anxiolytics to quell the sudden waves of rage. Or failing that, rearrange your life such that you never hear that sound again. Ban gum from your house? Blend all of your meals so you drink them instead of eating them? We're just spit-balling here.
Bahahaha. Love it!

"as they tend to clobber (hopefully) inanimate objects during meal times"

Too funny. I think my problem is being cooped up in a small room with two people that hate each other. And guy behind me has absolutely NO manners. I need to be more patient.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #256
SMA413
C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips

SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Bahahaha. Love it!

"as they tend to clobber (hopefully) inanimate objects during meal times"

Too funny. I think my problem is being cooped up in a small room with two people that hate each other. And guy behind me has absolutely NO manners. I need to be more patient.
No. I think you need to punch said mannerless guy. I think it'll get the point across.
SMA413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #257
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zowie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a complete snob when it comes to dining manners, and I hate myself for it. But I can't help but think less of a person if they can't hold their knife and fork properly, or if they aren't courteous to the staff, or if they're 'messy' (with the exception of food that tends to be messy, or finger food).

Sit up straight, say please and thank you, and the knife goes BEHIND the fork. Not in front, not between the prongs. BEHIND.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:55 PM   #258
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'm a complete snob when it comes to dining manners, and I hate myself for it. But I can't help but think less of a person if they can't hold their knife and fork properly, or if they aren't courteous to the staff, or if they're 'messy' (with the exception of food that tends to be messy, or finger food).

Sit up straight, say please and thank you, and the knife goes BEHIND the fork. Not in front, not between the prongs. BEHIND.
I'd rep you for this but I keep getting told I can't when I click it. MANNERS & CLASS FTW.

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 06:06 PM   #259
Zowie
Zowie-Zilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
I'd rep you for this but I keep getting told I can't when I click it. MANNERS & CLASS FTW.
I know it tends to be a little old-fashioned, and it should be something you learn growing up. But things like holding the door for the person behind you, standing on the right side when on an escalator, not whipping out your cellphone and chatting loudly in a restaurant.

There should be etiquette classes in all high schools. Maybe then we'll have less trashy skanks.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:03 PM   #260
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

"You're weeeeeeird."
"Because I don't really have sexual fantasies?"
"Yeah."
"How shall I put this. Instead of thinking about sex a lot, I'd rather just fucking do it already. That eliminates my need to fantasize about it obsessively. Of course, I'm not really of that mindset anyway."
"That's weird."
"Then just let me be weird and you can go fantasize about all the sex you aren't having."

I have had this convo in the past. It irritates me. I really just don't fantasize about sex all that often. There's nothing I wish I had done that I haven't. I don't think that way. I just do a sexual activity when the opportunity presents itself and I don't really spend too much time obsessing over it beforehand. Or after. Geez.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #261
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
There should be etiquette classes in all high schools. Maybe then we'll have less trashy skanks.
You would prefer well-mannered skanks?
Old 06-02-2011, 07:22 PM   #262
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Forgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging inForgotten_Futures makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishCharming View Post

Misophonia

Huh. Interesting.

I'm aware of the possibility that I have tinnitus and hyperacusis to some degree; I am very sensitive to high-pitched noises, and I've detected noise at around 16KHz in experiments with frequency generators and speakers. High pitched noises also hurt my ears and quickly give me a headache. This places certain warning beeps, most childrens' screaming/crying, and that pesky anti-adult cell phone ringer in the "avoid if possible" list.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #263
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I hate it when people who are waiting to get on an elevator, bus or train try to get on as soon as the doors open, instead of waiting for those getting getting off to leave first. GRR.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:30 PM   #264
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

luvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this boardluvbigfellas carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten_Futures View Post
Huh. Interesting.

I'm aware of the possibility that I have tinnitus and hyperacusis to some degree; I am very sensitive to high-pitched noises, and I've detected noise at around 16KHz in experiments with frequency generators and speakers. High pitched noises also hurt my ears and quickly give me a headache. This places certain warning beeps, most childrens' screaming/crying, and that pesky anti-adult cell phone ringer in the "avoid if possible" list.
I'm the same way. The alarms at work make my brain want to escape.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM   #265
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being given endless amounts of teddy bear themed junk

I make bears, I dont want cheap teddy statues, stuffed plush bears or basically anything that has bears on it just because I make them.

I do however adore Artist Bears but I am fussy and like to choose my own when on the rare occassion I do adopt one It has to call to me

Also people picking their noses in cars while driving when the bleep did that become acceptable behaviour?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 AM   #266
LovesBigMen
Poco G. leave it there xD

LovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized repLovesBigMen has super-sized rep

Quote:
Ahhh I think I do this Julie I will start to stop though.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:12 AM   #267
SMA413
C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips

SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate when someone texts you, you respond pretty promptly, but then it takes them FOREVER to answer you. In some cases, DAYS to respond.

I know you have your phone in your hand. You literally JUST used it to text me.
SMA413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #268
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMA413 View Post
I hate when someone texts you, you respond pretty promptly, but then it takes them FOREVER to answer you. In some cases, DAYS to respond.

I know you have your phone in your hand. You literally JUST used it to text me.
OMG I hate that too. It is so incredibly frustrating.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #269
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

People talking through the whole entire lunch break.

Can we not have a little quiet? I don't care about your weekend in detail.

GO TO YOUR CAR.

Haha
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 03:03 PM   #270
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

Random noises/words/sentences. Silence, music, or conversation, or one of us will die... and it won't be me.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:23 PM   #271
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

dripping taps, doors that are not closed properly, and Jamie fucking Oliver!
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 08:24 PM   #272
luvbigfellas
Has lips like morphine

People saying they empathize with my situation. Some of these people, I know they can truly empathize. Some of them, however, have never been poor...have awesome relationships...most everything goes right...and they sleep at night. Seems like it'd be really difficult to empathize.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #273
bladenite78

bladenite78 can now change their title

I know they mean well, but I hate it when people try to cheer me on or get in my head about working out. When Im working out, Im angry, Im mad, Im in a zone of no fluffy clouds, pink bunnies or soft touches..its razorblades, guttural sounds and pain...and I like it that way, leave it the hell alone. Afterwards we can go have a smoothie
bladenite78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #274
JulieD

JulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJulieD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

People who say I will be right over or I will call you right back and never do it. In my opinion, that is disrespectful of my time. If you are too busy to stick to your word, then don't act like you are. Geesh...

Same thing with just sticking to your word in general...it gives you a bad reputation and is a sign of weak character. The only thing you have is your word and if that's not any good then what good are you? Seriously?
Old 06-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #275
Forgotten_Futures
The *other* Holy Trinity

People (other than heavily laden trucks and the like) who accelerate slowly. It's not as good for your mileage as you think!