Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-22-2015, 10:44 PM   #401
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bump!

Cross posted from a double-secret probation thread...

Surf album! Should be out in the next few weeks...

MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 06:44 AM   #402
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post

Love this!!

The lava/ash really does look like a wave as it flows down the slopes, especially around 1:52 and 2:12.

The volcano footage seems to be from Mt. St. Helens rather than Hawaii, but this video might make the less adventurous think twice about going surfing there. I'm glad I didn't watch it before visiting the top of Haleakala.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 07:03 AM   #403
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thanks!

Yes, it's stock footage from Mt. St. Helens. I got the idea for the song title after seeing a video for 'volcano surfing' somewhere in South America. (I can't remember where.) I use public domain footage for some of my videos to make it more interesting to watch than just the album cover, and lo and behold I found the 1980 film.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #404
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is awesome!

On my soundproof headset there is this sort of subtle interesting pattering sound in the background at some points that reminds me of an echo/reverb but at 1:41 ish it sounds more pronounced.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:35 PM   #405
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
This is awesome!

On my soundproof headset there is this sort of subtle interesting pattering sound in the background at some points that reminds me of an echo/reverb but at 1:41 ish it sounds more pronounced.
(Adjusts glasses, puts on nerd cap...)

Close! There is reverb, but it was put across all instruments on the whole mix. On the guitars I added a delay effect. The guitar strings are very thick and 'flat' which gives them the classic 1960's-ish surf sound. The way the notes are picked on the rhythm guitars there's a natural 'click' sound, add the delay and it becomes 'click-click' giving it that rhythmic echoey effect without using more reverb. Thus, maintaining the articulation of the notes and still making it repeat.

Behold! The over-explanation of the day!
Old 07-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #406
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

That is so fuckin' cool! The video, the song, just everything. I am awed and inspired by your artistic vision. It is infinitely harder to write an instrumental and be able to captivate and hold interest and you do it superbly. The video footage was the gravy on the Chicken Fried Steak or Poutine if you rather since your from Canadialand and all!

Awesome job.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM   #407
MattB

No posts since last July! Blasphemy!

Here's an instrumental that I just did the final mix for tonight. It's an orchestral collaboration between myself and my buddy/mastering engineer, although I did both the mixing and the mastering this time around. I posted an earlier version in the Clubhouse.

Feel free to listen while travelling across a snowy meadow on horseback...in slow-motion.

https://soundcloud.com/chillpatch/cauchemar
Old 03-05-2016, 09:13 PM   #408
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
No posts since last July! Blasphemy!

Here's an instrumental that I just did the final mix for tonight. It's an orchestral collaboration between myself and my buddy/mastering engineer, although I did both the mixing and the mastering this time around. I posted an earlier version in the Clubhouse.

Feel free to listen while travelling across a snowy meadow on horseback...in slow-motion.

https://soundcloud.com/chillpatch/cauchemar
This is fucking great!
Old 03-05-2016, 09:44 PM   #409
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ooh i liked that one!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 09:47 PM   #410
MattB

Merci bien!
Old 03-16-2016, 05:29 PM   #411
MattB

Double posting the tune, but just because the promo vid is up...perfect music for drinking mead out of a large horn, if such a thing existed in real life.

Old 03-16-2016, 05:54 PM   #412
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Double posting the tune, but just because the promo vid is up...perfect music for drinking mead out of a large horn, if such a thing existed in real life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYUBiNd6_WE
You'll have to settle for ale instead of mead. I'm not getting into that stuff tonight. Excellent song! Skol, MattB, SKOL!
Old 03-20-2016, 07:17 PM   #413
MattB

Someone please rep D for me and write VALHALLA!! in the box, I can't recharge my repper right now...

New/old tune...

Old 03-21-2016, 08:51 AM   #414
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sorry it took me so long to get to this but I have only been skimming Dims since getting ready to move and breaking down my desktop. Your newest one got lost in the shuffle!

Awesome tune Matt. I dig the orchestration and the percussion with just the right amount of cymbal flourishes. Very tasteful. This would make a great intro track on a really hard Viking-metal album.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #415
MattB

Thank you Sir!

It's been a good stretch of writing again.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:10 PM   #416
MattB

New EP of old stuff. Digitally Remastered because everyone says that.

https://thelurids.bandcamp.com/
Old 08-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #417
MattB

Sadly plunks his uke while waiting for Leo to post something after all these years!

(I started playing the ukelele. )
Old 08-30-2017, 05:56 AM   #418
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Sadly plunks his uke while waiting for Leo to post something after all these years!

Good to see you back!
Old 08-30-2017, 06:43 AM   #419
BigElectricKat
Just ask. I'll answer!

BigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging inBigElectricKat makes people happy simply by logging in

That beginning shot of the sun in H-Alpha was a bit misleading! I clicked on it for that reason alone but I have to say that I like the music.
BigElectricKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 PM   #420
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElectricKat View Post
That beginning shot of the sun in H-Alpha was a bit misleading! I clicked on it for that reason alone but I have to say that I like the music.
Thank you kindly!

Has anyone created anything new lately?
Old 09-09-2017, 12:39 PM   #421
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:

Awesome! I've been flirting with the idea of getting a uke for some time now. How easy is it to pick up if you have a guitar background?
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #422
MattB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Awesome! I've been flirting with the idea of getting a uke for some time now. How easy is it to pick up if you have a guitar background?
It's super easy! The tuning is a bit strange in comparison, but once you get a few chords down it's not a stretch to learn it at all. I've been using an app to learn songs.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:53 PM   #423
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
It's super easy! The tuning is a bit strange in comparison, but once you get a few chords down it's not a stretch to learn it at all. I've been using an app to learn songs.
Sweet! Maybe that's what I need to get that part where f my brain firing again.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote