Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #2451
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've always loved this song for some reason (oh my god, that trumpet section.) And I don't usually have the patience for music videos, but this one is so peculiar it draws me in. Though it doesn't hurt that John Linnell looks pretty cute in it.

Old 10-03-2014, 06:01 AM   #2452
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I've always loved this song for some reason (oh my god, that trumpet section.) And I don't usually have the patience for music videos, but this one is so peculiar it draws me in. Though it doesn't hurt that John Linnell looks pretty cute in it.
Gotta love Birdhouse in your soul, most of the Flood album is pretty great really.

spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 06:48 AM   #2453
Treach

Treach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 club

I am pleased by the TMBG turn this thread has taken. Ana Ng is my jam!

Treach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:52 AM   #2454
fat9276
girl please.

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have owned this album for years but haven't listened to it in like forever and a day. I forgot how awesome it is

*I especially love the bridge on this song*

Old 10-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #2455
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amaranthine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This video pretty much never fails to bring joy into my life.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #2456
GhostEater

GhostEater can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGhostEater can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

GhostEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 07:01 AM   #2457
Treach

Treach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 clubTreach is a member of the 500 club

Old 10-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #2458
BChunky

BChunky has said some nice things

One of my favorites "Aerials" by System Of A Down (SOAD)
BChunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #2459
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You + Me - Rose Ave

Frazey Ford - Indian Ocean

Old 10-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #2460
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

And this, which is so badass "I don't know, I don't know".
Seriously, you need to get this into your ear holes.

Letterman

Foos/Heart

Foos/ZBB
Old 10-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #2461
Rojodi
All sweet and dandy

Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rojodi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

"Fantasy"
Aldo Nova

If someone says this is an oldie, we're rumblin'!
Old 10-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #2462
Surlysomething
Vancougar

This starts tonight on HBO!

Dave Grohl, the bandís frontman, is delivering an unprecedented eight-part HBO documentary series that digs deep into the heart and soul of Americaís musical identity

Sonic Highways - Foo Fighters
Old 10-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #2463
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default The pay-off:

Eaton Rifles - The Jam
Transmission- Joy Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
"I'm somewhat obsessed with "Yacht Rock" right now.

Judge not, that ye be not judged.
"
Should be required viewing for the entirety of BHM/FFA board, I think.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:33 AM   #2464
redheadzrule1074

redheadzrule1074 has said some nice things

I just discovered The Script, their song No Words has been on repeat for 7 hours!
redheadzrule1074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:29 AM   #2465
shadowedmorning

shadowedmorning can now change their title

This song performed by this singer (it's a cover) is really high on my list this week. I heard her on America's Got Talent and she gives me goosebumps.

shadowedmorning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:07 AM   #2466
Goreki
Rainbows and Razorblades!

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fallout New Vegas soundtrack. I use it to help me get to sleep. And when I'm busy pretending to be in a dead world, and nobody else exists.
Old Yesterday, 02:07 AM   #2467
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowedmorning View Post
"This song performed by this singer (it's a cover) is really high on my list this week...."
I don't like the song in it's original/radio version. But this, I do kind of like. The singer, the performance, etc...

I think a lot of people underestimate what goes into a truly great cover; which, I feel, is very much about that fine balance of simply interpreting the song. Being, at once, both authentically oneself and also equally true to the piece. As opposed to "re-making" or "re-interpreting." Or, alternatively, trying to sound like someone else.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 AM   #2468
shadowedmorning

shadowedmorning can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
I don't like the song in it's original/radio version. But this, I do kind of like. The singer, the performance, etc...

I think a lot of people underestimate what goes into a truly great cover; which, I feel, is very much about that fine balance of simply interpreting the song. Being, at once, both authentically oneself and also equally true to the piece. As opposed to "re-making" or "re-interpreting." Or, alternatively, trying to sound like someone else.
That's a great point, and I think that's one of the things I love most about that video (besides the fact that I enjoy her voice). I had never heard the song before I heard her sing it, and then I heard the original on the radio earlier this week and was completely disappointed.

Emily took that song and made it something unique to herself without losing the essence of it, and that's an amazing thing.
shadowedmorning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:58 AM   #2469
GhostEater

GhostEater can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGhostEater can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
Eaton Rifles - The Jam
Transmission- Joy Division
I read that as The Jam Division, which sounds delicious, but doesn't exist. I really wish I could get some sleep already!
GhostEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:09 AM   #2470
Treach

Continuing the trend of my music tastes being all over the place, and in celebration of the binge drinking I'm going to be getting into tonight, here's this:

Old Today, 08:09 AM   #2471
LeoGibson
Whiskey Bent

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

A great song and funny video too!