Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 03:42 PM   #26
PumpkinBelly

PumpkinBelly has said some nice things

When I was young, my sisters and their friends all regularly came out with the comment, "Oh, I'm so fat!" I always thought it was strange because they were all skinny.

It would've been nicer if they had understood back then that great amounts of beauty can be present in a lady's appearance no matter what size or shape her body has. It's who she is as a person that counts the most.

My two cents. I feel confident that you'll find a woman out there with a pleasantly full figure at some point. I just hope she's a nice person who gets along with you.
PumpkinBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:01 AM   #27
grasso

grasso has said some nice things

thank you l hope so to
grasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #28
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I hate shopping IRL. The clothes in the stores for plus size women are almost always either dowdy-looking, or of the variety that are either see-through or make you look even bigger, and the ones that aren't cost an arm and a leg. Plus heaven forbid that I need something dressy to wear for Toastmasters. That is why I shop online more often.

Yes, thrift stores do carry plus, but they almost always have older styles that are frumpy as well.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #29
Sculptor

Sculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this boardSculptor carries a lot of weight on this board

I hear you; there are hardly any fat ladies in my neck of the woods, not that it matters but it's nice to have someone with whom to share some inside stuff here and there. Everyone is so preoccupied with outward appearances and obesity is a cardinal sin in a lot of places... still... albeit I think it's because I'm surrounded by older, superficial people with their outdated and still superficial perspectives here. Wasn't like this in Boston. Here, people assume and are so bent on proving themselves perfect to everyone. It gets annoying because I can't relate. I just want to tap on a few shoulders and ask why they care. I'm sure that comes off as cavalier, but I don't care. I do a lot of good in this community and I work hard, so me measuring up to anyone else = not my concern and not interested.
Sculptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:32 AM   #30
SecretlyaKitten

SecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot picsSecretlyaKitten does more than just post hot pics

I had a best friend who didn't even weigh a hundred pounds that was into the size acceptance / body positive movement before I was. We had a lot of problems, but if I ever wanted to talk to her about stuff like that I know she would be wonderful. So, I definitely agree that having fat friends isn't necessarily what's good, but having size acceptance friends definitely is!
SecretlyaKitten is offline   Reply With Quote