Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The WLS Controversy

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #1
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default found a article on a woman who had WLS on yahoo and her experiences

the article is called What Losing 180 Pounds Really Does to Your Body & Your Mind.

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...163900419.html

what's your opinions on this?
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
Angel
no apologies for being me

Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!Angel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just logged in and was going to post that link. I thought it was interesting because she gave her raw thoughts about before and after rather than a glossy portrait. She was also honest about what she has learned. Too bad she didn't discover positive self-acceptance earlier in her life. I'd like to read her book.
Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #3
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I logged in to post it too. Thank you for doing so.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:12 AM   #4
HereticFA

HereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging inHereticFA makes people happy simply by logging in

It will mostly fall on deaf ears (or blind eyes).

Too many will read her story and think "sure, she claims it's really about the inside but only AFTER she changed on the outside like I want to."

I'm not so sure she really fully accepts her new realization. There's a wisp of want of the fantasy she was expecting before her surgery. The surgery didn't deliver and now she's still trying to find a way to realize that fantasy, maybe by accepting herself and maybe another way.
HereticFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 PM   #5
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Unless you're blessed with exceptional skin elasticity major weight loss (100 lbs or more) is going to leave a person saggy and baggy. If you undergo WLS because you want a swimsuit model's figure you're going to be disappointed.

However, if you're goal is to increase mobility and more fully participate in life the not inconsequential side effects may be worth it -- may be.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote