Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 03-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Post Clothing You Have Sewn/Made

I'm so excited that I made a dress from a pattern. I also made the belt with it too. I also sewed a little extra fabric in at the seams so I can let it out when needed. It's a little bunched up looking under one of the arms but that's cuz I didn't have it pulled down under the belt.

I'm always interested to see things other have made too. So please post your pics

resizedagain.jpg
largenlovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Very well made LnL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
I'm so excited that I made a dress from a pattern. I also made the belt with it too. I also sewed a little extra fabric in at the seams so I can let it out when needed. It's a little bunched up looking under one of the arms but that's cuz I didn't have it pulled down under the belt.

I'm always interested to see things other have made too. So please post your pics

Attachment 107585

I'm a Canadian.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Very well made LnL!
Thank you Paul my gramma is gonna teach me how to use her sewing machine soon. I did this dress completely by hand. I'm a little intimidated by the sewing machine but I know if I can just get going at it I will be able to pop out a dress pretty quickly. So I'm nervous but looking forward to learning it.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #4
RedheadinNJ
found Mr. Treats-me-Right

RedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesRedheadinNJ can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Cute dress! I'd love to find a pattern for a halter top in my size. I've made pajama pants for Matt and numerous costumes for the ex's kids. Most of the sewing I do is household stuff- curtains, slip covers, pet beds, etc. I don't have a picture of him in the pj pants. I'll have to take one.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedheadinNJ View Post
Cute dress! I'd love to find a pattern for a halter top in my size. I've made pajama pants for Matt and numerous costumes for the ex's kids. Most of the sewing I do is household stuff- curtains, slip covers, pet beds, etc. I don't have a picture of him in the pj pants. I'll have to take one.
I've been browsing through patterns on ebay. I've found a few that go up to 6x but I haven't noticed a halter top. If I happen across one, I will post a note here and a link to it. I'm looking for other stuff for friends too so I will keep an eye out
Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #6
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Don't be intimidated by the sewing machine. The hardest part is threading it. I started using my mom's machine at like 11 years old. I used to design and make barbie clothes. (You can imagine that barbie clothes are a lot harder than people clothes)

I'm going to find my sewing boxes tomorrow to make a sundress from a pattern that I've kept out of packing boxes for the last year
Old 03-30-2013, 11:35 PM   #7
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
Don't be intimidated by the sewing machine. The hardest part is threading it. I started using my mom's machine at like 11 years old. I used to design and make barbie clothes. (You can imagine that barbie clothes are a lot harder than people clothes)

I'm going to find my sewing boxes tomorrow to make a sundress from a pattern that I've kept out of packing boxes for the last year
I have no idea why I'm intimidated of it lol. I'm looking forward to learning it though. God it will make things so much easier. I can't wait to see what ya make
Old 03-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My energy/body got a little hampered by a hard workout in martial arts leaving my legs hurting pretty bad. So, I didn't feel like digging out the boxes. The kids are on spring break, so i wont be running all over tarnation, i figure i'll look for my boxes this week.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #9
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
My energy/body got a little hampered by a hard workout in martial arts leaving my legs hurting pretty bad. So, I didn't feel like digging out the boxes. The kids are on spring break, so i wont be running all over tarnation, i figure i'll look for my boxes this week.
Totally understand lol...I am taking a break from the last dress since it took forever. Gonna start on another one next week-ish
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Beautiful Job on the DRESS!!!! A sewing machine if your friend do not be afraid, I can't hand sew worth a darn.... you did fabulous, I would need a blood transfusion if I had done it from sticking myself to much. I love sewing but I like sewing bags and craft types of things. I am an odd bird though.
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #11
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post
Beautiful Job on the DRESS!!!! A sewing machine if your friend do not be afraid, I can't hand sew worth a darn.... you did fabulous, I would need a blood transfusion if I had done it from sticking myself to much. I love sewing but I like sewing bags and craft types of things. I am an odd bird though.
Thank you it was pretty fun cuz I would sit here and sew and watch tv shows lol..it was kinda relaxing even so maybe I'm an odd bird too hahaha. I JUST gotta pattern to make a handbag so I'm gonna try one of those too please post pics of anything ya make. I love seeing stuff like that
Old 04-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Today I got some yellow fabric w/red polka dots and am gonna make my next dress. It's gonna be from the last pattern but I'm gonna change it up a bit. I'm gonna start on it soon looking forward to getting another one made
Old 04-07-2013, 12:39 AM   #13
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by largenlovely View Post
Today I got some yellow fabric w/red polka dots and am gonna make my next dress. It's gonna be from the last pattern but I'm gonna change it up a bit. I'm gonna start on it soon looking forward to getting another one made

Yay You! as soon as I resize them I will post pictures of my things... more crafts than sewing, right now I am working on a 2nd set of baby blankets for a nearby church. Their nursery was in big disrepair and they needed new blankets for the baby cribs. I made 7 right before easter and have 6 more ready to embroider with the churches name....

Take pictures as you make your dress for me, I am so wondering how you do all that by hand!!!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm hoping to have a shirt and a dress made this week if so, pics will come. I do have pics of a dress I made last year for a friend's wedding. Possibly a few other things, too.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
danbsc29630

danbsc29630 can now change their title

awesome. looking good
danbsc29630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM   #16
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPrincess View Post

Yay You! as soon as I resize them I will post pictures of my things... more crafts than sewing, right now I am working on a 2nd set of baby blankets for a nearby church. Their nursery was in big disrepair and they needed new blankets for the baby cribs. I made 7 right before easter and have 6 more ready to embroider with the churches name....

Take pictures as you make your dress for me, I am so wondering how you do all that by hand!!!
Yay I will look forward to seeing them

I'm hoping to get myself on the sewing machine at some point but it IS relaxing doing it all by hand as I watch tv. I hope I don't sound like an old coot by saying that hahaha
Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I'm hoping to have a shirt and a dress made this week if so, pics will come. I do have pics of a dress I made last year for a friend's wedding. Possibly a few other things, too.
I saw one pic of a dress u were gonna make for yourself and it gotta "ooohhh purdy" out of me as I checked it out. I loved the aqua color in it.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #18
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbsc29630 View Post
awesome. looking good
Thank ya Dan the man
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Here are two things I made while my mother was in the hospital last summer.

I went rummaging through our storage and found a big pile of really old fabric that was never used. Some of it was older than I was! So I decided to make stuff out of it.

I made my mother a t-shirt for the hospital and it was my first time doing bias tape, so it didn't turn out all too well. Lol.

And then one of my best friends was getting married on an extremely hot day. So I made this dress for summer weather. I got lots of compliments on the fabric. It's all tropical print, with lots of parrots, and everything is outlined in gold. Reminded my mom of my family's place down south, so she bought it when I was really little. Finally made use of it

CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #20
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Oh nice I love them both. I'm a huge fan of anything aqua/turquoise-ish. And the dress u made for ur friend, that was the first thing I thought, man I love the fabric. I haven't done anything with sleeves/shoulders yet. I'm kinda nervous about trying lol. All my stuff has always been easy peasy skirts and my latest dress, which has an easy strap top. I have a pattern for a pair of pants and a shirt. I'm gonna start on those after this next dress
Old 04-13-2013, 12:48 AM   #21
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

A knee length peasant-ish style tunic/dress made from a lightweight white linen fabric that has a butterfly burnout pattern. Whatever color is worn underneath shows through the sheer parts, I'll be wearing it over the light blue leggings and camisole I photographed it with. I used one of the Connie Crawford for Butterick patterns B5193 and modified the sleeves and neckline.

I have another identical one cut out in a pale muted lavender cotton eyelet fabric to sew as soon as I find serger thread in a close enough color match.

Tracy
Old 04-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #22
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyarts View Post
A knee length peasant-ish style tunic/dress made from a lightweight white linen fabric that has a butterfly burnout pattern. Whatever color is worn underneath shows through the sheer parts, I'll be wearing it over the light blue leggings and camisole I photographed it with. I used one of the Connie Crawford for Butterick patterns B5193 and modified the sleeves and neckline.

I have another identical one cut out in a pale muted lavender cotton eyelet fabric to sew as soon as I find serger thread in a close enough color match.

Tracy
Oh cute...I'm gonna try sleeves soon. I have a pattern here for a basic button up shirt that I'm gonna try and that will be my first time. I've got some shirts here that I'm thinking of reverse engineering lol. Maybe I can figure out some sleeves that way too.

Very cute though. I love those type shirts with belts. Now that I've learned how to make belts, it's on like donkey kong lol
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #23
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
I made this dress for summer weather. I got lots of compliments on the fabric. It's all tropical print, with lots of parrots, and everything is outlined in gold.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress! I want one! Beautiful
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #24
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this dress! I want one! Beautiful
Ditto! That is stunning, Carla!
Old 04-17-2013, 02:08 AM   #25
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Oh cute...I'm gonna try sleeves soon. "

Sleeves can be a little bit tricky, with fitting and attaching them into the armhole. But once you get the hang of it, you can change the length, fullness, and style without needing a different pattern.

Tracy