Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-10-2013, 09:16 PM   #1
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default How to make an omelet.

I love omelets, but I hate them if they're browned. Browned egg whites taste like ass.

Here is the proper way to prepare an omelet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7iKekuL5YU

Doggie and I are off to the kitchen for a midnight snack.

Nite all! - Jim
Old 04-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

for a moment there, I was thinking the point of the video was that to make a proper omelet.. you make scrambled eggs.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

I agree with Fuzzy... scrambled eggs.

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
~J. Austen's Emma
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:35 AM   #4
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I dont like them unless they are brown, to each their own and I hate runny scrambled eggs so I think it depends on what you like I want mine to be browned
Old 04-11-2013, 06:23 AM   #5
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like my omelet the way I like my women -- a little fluffier than what you see on TV. So I don't stir it like the lady in the video: when it starts to get firm, I pop it under the broiler for a couple of minutes so it will cook on top. The result is so light and fluffy it almost floats off the plate!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I used to be all about omelets but the past few years I have become strictly a frittata guy.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #7
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's a vid of Jacques Pepin making omelets. He has been, IMHO, the greatest French-style chef in the world for the last 50 years or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57afEWn-QDg
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #8
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritangel View Post
I dont like them unless they are brown, to each their own and I hate runny scrambled eggs so I think it depends on what you like I want mine to be browned
AGREED ! Make mine medium-well.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #9
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think what we've learned here today is that the proper way to make an omelette is .....

The way YOU like it - unless of course you're preparing it for someone else or you're being paid to prepare it a certain way.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #10
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
I used to be all about omelets but the past few years I have become strictly a frittata guy.

I think that is the gayest (campest) thing I've ever read in my life, I almost choked on my tea!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:05 PM   #11
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

There ain't nuffin' better for breakfast than a classic French omelet with a couple pieces of bacon and a fresh local tomato. I just picked the first tomato from my garden today.

Pics will follow. . .

Life is good. -Jim
Old 07-04-2013, 06:11 AM   #12
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
There ain't nuffin' better for breakfast than a classic French omelet with a couple pieces of bacon and a fresh local tomato. I just picked the first tomato from my garden today.

Life is good. -Jim
Oh yes! Shortly after my daughter graduated from culinary school, and before she left to start her new career... I asked her to make me a simple omelet. She of course did better than that, and it was lovely. .

She asked why I wanted something so simple. . I told her I just wanted to brag about having a $25,000 omelet. . She rolled her eyes, shook her head and walked out of the room laughing!! Dang it was a good omelet though!!
Old 07-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #13
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
for a moment there, I was thinking the point of the video was that to make a proper omelet.. you make scrambled eggs.

well would have agreed from the first part of the video but watching until the end it was a pretty nice one

Last edited by fat9276; 07-04-2013 at 07:58 AM. Reason: kejfwijeof
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote