Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-05-2013, 04:31 AM   #51
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Favorite Sasquatch: ^ that one.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:50 AM   #52
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Resurrecting an old thread because I enjoyed reading some of the crazy categories, some of which inspired this post (especially Cobra Verde, Melian, Librarygirl, biglynch, and Surly!)

Beatle: George
Reagent supplier: New England Biolabs (I like their catalogue)
Radioactive isotope: S-35
Insect: firefly
Hard liquor: gin
Hiking/biking trail: C&O Canal
European city: Venice, Italy
Beach: Kapalua, Maui
Soup: broccoli cheese
Mushroom: morel
River: Current
Impressionist artist: Renoir
Coworker/kisser: Doug
Cake: Tie between plain yellow with chocolate frosting and banana layer cake
Holiday: St. Patrick's Day, because it's fun without requiring much effort on my part

Note to self: remember not to drink milk at Tad's or LeoG's house.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 03:19 PM   #53
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Resurrecting an old thread because I enjoyed reading some of the crazy categories, some of which inspired this post (especially Cobra Verde, Melian, Librarygirl, biglynch, and Surly!)

NEB?! Their website is balls and everything is always out of stock!!
I've changed mine, now that I've changed jobs.

Reagent supplier: Life Technologies

And here are a few more random things.

Current TV show: Rick and Morty
Costume: shark with arms and legs
Cephalopod: Nautilus
Member of Dethklok: Nathan Explosion
Fictional disease: Bone-itis
Old 02-04-2015, 04:09 PM   #54
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

I interned in the lab at their sister company, Cell Signaling Technologies, a few years ago.

Flavor of Sour Patch Kid: Red
Studio Ghibli Film: My Neighbor Totoro
Bread Product: Biscuits
Cephalopod: Cuttlefish
Season: Fall
Word: Persnickety
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:18 PM   #55
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

time of day: twilight
aperitif: absinthe
hat: straw boater
plant (if it is a plant): Fulagia septica, the "dog vomit" slime mold
deposed African dictator: Idi Amin
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #56
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
NEB?! Their website is balls and everything is always out of stock!!
I've changed mine, now that I've changed jobs.

Reagent supplier: Life Technologies

And here are a few more random things.

Current TV show: Rick and Morty
Costume: shark with arms and legs
Cephalopod: Nautilus
Member of Dethklok: Nathan Explosion
Fictional disease: Bone-itis
I have no doubt that you're right about NEB, but there used to be way less info available on the computer; and it was handy to have a copy of their catalogue around as a reference for restriction sites, buffer compatibility tables, etc. I think I still have one in my closet that my PI gave me in grad school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I interned in the lab at their sister company, Cell Signaling Technologies, a few years ago.

Flavor of Sour Patch Kid: Red
Studio Ghibli Film: My Neighbor Totoro
Bread Product: Biscuits
Cephalopod: Cuttlefish
Word: Persnickety
Another internship? You really get around, lille! When you're ready to enter the workforce full-time, you're going to have a killer resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
time of day: twilight
aperitif: absinthe
hat: straw boater
plant (if it is a plant): Fulagia septica, the "dog vomit" slime mold
deposed African dictator: Idi Amin
Really? Although some people have made pretty good careers out of studying slime molds.

More favorites:
Cephalopod: Squidward Tentacles
fragrance: Japanese honeysuckle
thing to do with snow: make snow ice cream
Old 02-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #57
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Beach: Spanish Banks
Soup: Cream of Chicken
River: Chilliwack
Bread Product: Banana
Word: L'abattoir
Current TV show: Looking
Costume: Nun

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:48 AM   #58
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for reviving this, Ms. Brightside--it is a fun thread

Lake: Lake of the Woods

Pokémon starter: Mudkip

Grape name to say: Gewürztraminer (mostly because I always get it wrong, and end up laughing)

Beach: this sand spit in the Ottawa River: (paste into a browser bar) https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.50205.../data=!3m1!1e3 (although anything warm, wavy, and sandy is fun too)

Card game (using standard cards): Crib (or maybe Hearts, depending on the day)

Classic board game: Clue

Tree: sugar maple

(this time not so food related, for a miracle)
Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #59
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Time of day: 8:00pm
Donut: Sour cream glazed
Fabric: Spandex!
"Rough" restaurant: Sneaky D's
RPG: Cyber Punk
Classic video game: Zelda Ocarina of Time
Furniture: Couch
Store: Petsmart
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:08 AM   #60
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
RPG: Cyber Punk
Is that literally the game "Cyberpunk", or genre more broadly? (the former was published in the '80s, so I'd think you were too young for it....but who knows?) Or is this a computer RPG?
Old 02-06-2015, 10:36 AM   #61
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No - I literally meant the 80's cyberpunk game! I'm currently playing a Corporate.

When I was first introduced to it a few years ago, I was a little omg this is such a little boys game, look at the big boobs and guns ... But I realized I really, really like the world and the concept. I had thought I was more of a D&D type girl, but CP ended up being amazing, and is my hands down favourite! The alternate history's of canada, the us, and europe add a lot of realism. My group has been playing so long that they have fleshed out all that history even more.

I'm a gamer girl, what can I say?

Most of my friends are 10-15 years older than me, so they all have the original books. Plus we purchased the PDF copies. I am the "youngling" in my circle...
So yes, I play CP. But when they start going on about kids in the hall i tune out =P
Old 02-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #62
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Pokémon starter: Mudkip
Knowing about pokemon = +1 to the awesomeness level!

Soup: Vegetable
Mushroom: Normal button mushrooms... I'm allergic to other ones.
River: Hmmmm, gotta be a toss up between the Erewash and the Trent!
Cake: All the cake! Except coffee or ginger.
Fabric: Silk/satin
Video game: Pokemon
Card game: Crib
Board Game: Monopoly (Pokemon or otherwise)
Herb: Corriander
Starter Pokemon: Charmander
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #63
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
No - I literally meant the 80's cyberpunk game! I'm currently playing a Corporate.

When I was first introduced to it a few years ago, I was a little omg this is such a little boys game, look at the big boobs and guns ... But I realized I really, really like the world and the concept. I had thought I was more of a D&D type girl, but CP ended up being amazing, and is my hands down favourite! The alternate history's of canada, the us, and europe add a lot of realism. My group has been playing so long that they have fleshed out all that history even more.

I'm a gamer girl, what can I say?

Most of my friends are 10-15 years older than me, so they all have the original books. Plus we purchased the PDF copies. I am the "youngling" in my circle...
So yes, I play CP. But when they start going on about kids in the hall i tune out =P
That is awesome! I played the first edition some when it first came out, and didn't fall in love with the rules too much (although I did love the Fixer I was playing). Later I met ShadowRun (magic+cyperpunk type setting -- magic comes back, which leads to all sorts of problems, deaths, weakening/collapse of governments, power gained by corporations as they could provide the most stability....) and that became my cyberpunk (small C) setting of choice.....granted I didn't play between '91 when I graduatate university and left my play group until I started up a campaign for my son earlier this year, but I held onto a few books all those years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Knowing about pokemon = +1 to the awesomeness level!
Pokemon is contagious, you can catch it from your kids When my son was about six years old, his older cousins passed down a Gameboy color and a few cartridges, including pokemon blue and yellow. He'd already learned about pokemon on the playground, and was eager to play. It was his first video game and we figured he'd get stuck in places, so I'd play Blue each night once he was in bed so that I could stay ahead of him and help him out when he got there in yellow. Naturally I got hooked, and I later played Silver, Emerald, and some of Black (but I just found Black lacked the magic of the earlier games. I got through a few gyms and still didn't really like any of my pokemon, so gave up). My son got back into the game recently for the Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby (or was it the other way around?) so I'm sure hearing about a lot of Pokemon stuff these days, making me wonder if I should give Black another try?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:41 AM   #64
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

The fact that you started a campaign for your son also deserves +1! That's awesome. I am sure my group knows shadowrun, but I haven't heard of it, so I will have to look into it. The hardest part of gaming as an adult is a) you are all tired... b) it can't happen on a worknight due to responsibilitues and c) half of them have kids (who they want to leave behind so they can let go and game/drink), so babysitting can be a challenge.

@Loopy - I didn't even know that different mushroom types triggered allergies! It makes sense, because i have insane levels of food intolerances/sensitivities myself...but mushrooms just hadn't occurred to me
Old 02-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #65
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
The fact that you started a campaign for your son also deserves +1! That's awesome. I am sure my group knows shadowrun, but I haven't heard of it, so I will have to look into it. The hardest part of gaming as an adult is a) you are all tired... b) it can't happen on a worknight due to responsibilitues and c) half of them have kids (who they want to leave behind so they can let go and game/drink), so babysitting can be a challenge.
If you like the cyberpunk genre, you'd love ShadowRun. The tabletop version was great, the console version was AMAZING (Genesis), and there was a remake released just recently on PC, which looked good (haven't played it, though).
Old 02-06-2015, 03:19 PM   #66
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
If you like the cyberpunk genre, you'd love ShadowRun. The tabletop version was great, the console version was AMAZING (Genesis), and there was a remake released just recently on PC, which looked good (haven't played it, though).
I've bought the PC version, but not played more than a couple of minutes yet. Actually there have been games/episodes/whatchamacallits put out using the engine: ShadowRun Returns and Dragon Fall. I've read that the latter was a much better story/experience, but I can't comment yet (I killed the computer I had them on, and haven't re downloaded onto my laptop yet). They are turn-based, rather than action/realtime, so depending on your preferences that could be good or horrible.

PS: ShadowRun motto: "Watch your back. Shoot straight. Conserve Ammo. And never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon."

PPS: and RPG game art.....will be RPG game art, apparently My son has concluded that all female elves in the ShadowRun universe apparently have an allergy to clothes.... anyway, if you want to read more about the world, this is a decent introduction: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ch_shadowru...run_primer.pdf
Old 02-07-2015, 03:06 AM   #67
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Pokemon is contagious, you can catch it from your kids When my son was about six years old, his older cousins passed down a Gameboy color and a few cartridges, including pokemon blue and yellow. He'd already learned about pokemon on the playground, and was eager to play. It was his first video game and we figured he'd get stuck in places, so I'd play Blue each night once he was in bed so that I could stay ahead of him and help him out when he got there in yellow. Naturally I got hooked, and I later played Silver, Emerald, and some of Black (but I just found Black lacked the magic of the earlier games. I got through a few gyms and still didn't really like any of my pokemon, so gave up). My son got back into the game recently for the Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby (or was it the other way around?) so I'm sure hearing about a lot of Pokemon stuff these days, making me wonder if I should give Black another try?
Haha, I know, right? My sister caught it off me and ever since the DS was released we have got every pokemon game together! She has played all the pokemon games actually, apart from silver/gold/crystal because we can't find any that still work (the internal batteries die after 10 years or so). That is so sweet that you helped him with his game though! I bet he appreciated it! I know what you mean about Black, I didn't like the Black/White series of games very much at all, I thought they felt rushed and unfinished. However, X and Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are all good, solid games with more of a traditional pokemon feel to them. I'd suggest those games if you were looking to get back into it!

Quote:
@Loopy - I didn't even know that different mushroom types triggered allergies! It makes sense, because i have insane levels of food intolerances/sensitivities myself...but mushrooms just hadn't occurred to me
To be honest I didn't even think about it until it happened to me! I ate some fancy mushrooms one night and the next day when I woke up my skin was absolutely covered in rashes. Apparently I had three different kinds of rash but thankfully within a few days it settled down. Normal button mushrooms have no effect at all on me though.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:40 PM   #68
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I figured I'd borrow some categories from the latest entries and give mine.

Hard liquor: Bourbon
Beach: Panama City, Fl.
Soup: Gumbo
Mushroom: Psilocybin
River: Brazos
Cake: White cake with white buttercream icing
Holiday: Independence Day
Bread Product: Hush Puppies
Word: Bodacious
time of day: midnight
aperitif: Jagermeister
hat: Stetson
plant : Tie between Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica
deposed African dictator: Patrice Lumumba
Lake: Lake Somerville
Card game: 5 card Stud
Classic board game: Risk
Tree: Live Oak
Donut: Shipley regular glazed
Fabric: Silk
Furniture: LaZ Boy recliner
Store: Guitar Center
Cocktail: Vodka and Soda
Old 02-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #69
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

To be honest I didn't even think about it until it happened to me! I ate some fancy mushrooms one night and the next day when I woke up my skin was absolutely covered in rashes. Apparently I had three different kinds of rash but thankfully within a few days it settled down. Normal button mushrooms have no effect at all on me though.
Oh no, that's the worst! My allergies usually just result in itchy watery eyes with a stuffy nose or an itchy throat, tongue, lips, etc. However, twice my system has just been totally overloaded and I broke out in a rash from my neck to my feet, it's miserable. The second time I was at my boyfriend's and he felt so bad because it was probably caused by him taking me to the rodeo.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #70
MsBrightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Costume: Nun
Do you have one of these or have you ever worn one?

Mental image of Surly in a nun costume: priceless

Quote:
Beach: this sand spit in the Ottawa River: (paste into a browser bar) https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.50205.../data=!3m1!1e3 (although anything warm, wavy, and sandy is fun too)
Such lovely pale sand. The rivers where I live are murky and gator-infested.

Quote:
Time of day: 8:00pm
"Rough" restaurant: Sneaky D's
Hmm...sounds interesting.

Quote:
Cake: All the cake! Except coffee or ginger.
Good answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
Hard liquor: Bourbon
Mushroom: Psilocybin
aperitif: Jagermeister
plant : Tie between Cannabis sativa and Cannabis indica
Cocktail: Vodka and Soda
I sense a theme developing here.

Another favorite:

Gator:

This guy lives in captivity now, but he was born in the wild and was captured after being wounded by a local landowner wielding a shotgun. Apparently birdshot is not that effective in taking out a half-ton gator.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:36 PM   #71
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, I wore one. Haha

Halloween party at the most gorgeous house on the side of a mountain, drunk on sangria, dancing to the Gipsy Kings. Good times.

Quote:
Do you have one of these or have you ever worn one?

Mental image of Surly in a nun costume: priceless
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #72
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Borrowed Leo's list, made adjustments- added and subtracted...

Monkee: Mike
Hard liquor: Crystal Head vodka
Soup: Pho
Mushroom: Goomba
River: Ottawa
Cake: Ice Cream Cake- ALL
Holiday: Hallowe'en
Bread Product: If
Word: Fat
Time o' Day: 8:30pm
Hat: Flat cap
Classic board game: Trivial Pursuit
Tree: Maple
Donut: Boston Creme
Fabric: Flannel
Furniture: Also my La-Z Boy
Store: Long and McQuade
Drink: Iced Tea
Food: Sandwiches
Musical: Grease
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:44 PM   #73
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I sense a theme developing here.

What can I say. It's been a consciousness expanding ride at times. Perhaps I may have read a little too much Huxley, Kerouac, and Kesey and listened to a little too much Morrison and Hendrix in my formative years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Big surprise here. Guitarists whose favorite Beatle is George.

Dude did have some sick licks!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:32 PM   #74
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Amended, borrowed, whatever list:

Liqueur: Bailey's
Soup: Fish Chowder
Beet: Detroit Dark Red
River: Rideau
Cake: Carrot Cake
Cheesecake: Citrus Kiss
Holiday: Christmas
Bread Product: dinner rolls
Time o' Day: 9:30 am
Hat: Fedora
Board game: Carcassone
Tree: Apple
Donut: Canadian Maple
Fabric: Microfibre
Underwear: Stanfield's
Drink: cold milk
Food: Hot beef sandwich. Or Turkey Pot Pie. Or Meatsa Pizza. Or Fish 'n' Chips. Or...
Musical: My Fair Lady
Parody Artist: Weird Al Yankovic
Camper: VW Westfalia
Dog: Schnauzer (standard, not miniature)
LRT: Bombardier Talent
Aircraft: BAe 146
Provincial Park: Fitzroy Harbour
Old 02-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #75
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Normally i would protest at splitting cake and cheesecake...but cheesecake deserves a category onto its own..