Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

View Poll Results: Only for North American BBWs and FAs. Are you into BDSM?
I am a North American BBW and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a Domme 0 0%
I am a North American BBW and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a submissive 2 10.00%
I am a North American BBW and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a switch 3 15.00%
I am a North American BBW and I am not interested in BDSM 2 10.00%
I am a I am a North American FA and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a Dom 2 10.00%
I am a North American FA and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a sub 3 15.00%
I am a North American FA and I am/I might be/I fantasize of being a switch 1 5.00%
I am a North American FA and I am not interested in BDSM 7 35.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Orso

Orso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesOrso can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default North American BBWs and BDSM

I have the impression that almost every other North American (US and Canadian) BBW I contacted in the last 15-20 years was involved in some form of BDSM, generally on the receiving end.

I have also the impression that among the European BBWs I got in touch with - basically Italians and Germans - BDSM is much less common.

I wonder if this is due just to the number of BBWs I know, that definitely is not enough for sound statistics, or if American BBWs are really more inclined to BDSM than their European sisters. If so I wonder what could be the reason. Self-loathing for being fat? Just fashion?

At this point I also wonder if and how many North American FAs are interested in BDSM.

I am eager to know the opinion of the members of this forum and I also add a poll reserved to North American BBWs and FAs.

Thanks!

P.S. I wanted to introduce some finer tuning in the poll (FFAs, BHMs and more detailed sub-groups) but the number of options - only 10 - did not allow this, and adding anothe poll would have been too clumsy.

Last edited by Orso; 04-26-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added P.S.
Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #2
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I doubt body type has anything to do with an interest in BDSM. I'm Australian and into kink, but I know plenty of thin and fat people who are and aren't into it.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
b0nnie

b0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging inb0nnie makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orso View Post
Self-loathing for being fat?
Just had to say...this line annoyed me.

I really doubt being into BDSM is linked to hating being fat; kink is just something you are into or not, it doesn't always come down to body issues.
b0nnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think you're going to find more BBWs in to BDSM here in the US as opposed to Europe BUT it has nothing to do with self loathing due to one's fat.

The US, as a whole, as a history of being rather puritanical , especially compared to Europeans. We're a conservative nation, for better or worse. In a society that it ends to be puritanical, you have greater likelihood of having a section of society that is looking for more sexual excitement i.e. BDSM. Now over lay this with the fact the majority of Americans are fat.

It makes sense when you lay it all out.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote