Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-08-2014, 02:19 PM   #276
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I cannot ever read the title of this thread without this song popping into my head.

http://youtu.be/BgvnZIxOX08

Are there any other Journey fans here?

Also, I have (yet another) job interview tomorrow morning. Any pointers from anyone?
Take a few seconds to think about how to respond to their questions (as long as you don't look like you've blanked out)..... it will give you time to formulate an answer, you'll be calmer and less likely to waffle.
It also lets them see you're taking the questions seriously and put thought into things rather than regurgitate a stock answer.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 AM   #277
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I cannot ever read the title of this thread without this song popping into my head.

Are there any other Journey fans here?

Also, I have (yet another) job interview tomorrow morning. Any pointers from anyone?
That's actually where I got the thread name from. I was intentionally trying to poison people's minds with a catchy Journey song

Also, just be confident! Get a solid foundation for how you might answer questions, but don't overthink it to the point where you start getting nervous or doubting yourself.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM   #278
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Take a few seconds to think about how to respond to their questions (as long as you don't look like you've blanked out)..... it will give you time to formulate an answer, you'll be calmer and less likely to waffle.
It also lets them see you're taking the questions seriously and put thought into things rather than regurgitate a stock answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
That's actually where I got the thread name from. I was intentionally trying to poison people's minds with a catchy Journey song

Also, just be confident! Get a solid foundation for how you might answer questions, but don't overthink it to the point where you start getting nervous or doubting yourself.
Thank you both for the good answers!

Just got back from the interview not long ago. I think I did okay- as in I think the manager liked me. She said "I'm looking forward to talking to you again"

I took that as a very good sign- that and she liked my past work experience in a hectic place- as in I truly know what to expect in a job like that.

I will know for sure by the 25th - it sounds like a good fit for me *crosses fingers*

Oh and since I have a random mind and love a thread that is just for such a thing: Every time I look in the mirror I keep being reminded of my father .... as in when he got older. Not sure how I feel about this.....

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #279
WhiteHotRazor
Time Travelling

WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!WhiteHotRazor has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Anyone watch american horror story last night? I'm pretty sure that clown will be a part of every nightmare I have from now on.

What did you think of the first episode?

Seems to me like it's gonna be a decent season.

They're getting really artsy with the camera work. At least it seemed more so then previous seasons.
WhiteHotRazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:42 AM   #280
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This seems fishy:

http://theoatmeal.com/quizzes/sound/

I could easily hear the tone, made me wince even. Approaching my mid 30's here.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #281
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
This seems fishy:

I've heard it a few times, it is a real thing. I think they're a bit off on when people start to lose the ability to hear that sound, but it will also vary person to person. My mom cannot hear sounds of that pitch. It's like older TVs that would make a similar sound when you turned them on, drove me and my dad crazy but my mom couldn't hear it.
lille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #282
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This seems fishy:

Hmm...I could hear it but had to turn my laptop volume up. (I'm 46)
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 06:41 PM   #283
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
I've heard it a few times, it is a real thing. I think they're a bit off on when people start to lose the ability to hear that sound, but it will also vary person to person. My mom cannot hear sounds of that pitch. It's like older TVs that would make a similar sound when you turned them on, drove me and my dad crazy but my mom couldn't hear it.
You might be in your 40s if you remember rooms full of computer monitors that made that almost inaudible whine that your friends couldn't hear.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:15 PM   #284
lille

lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lille has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
You might be in your 40s if you remember rooms full of computer monitors that made that almost inaudible whine that your friends couldn't hear.
Definitely not.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:06 AM   #285
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I used to own this soundfile as a teenager. Endless amusement.

I can still hear it.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #286
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I can still hear it.
Did you own a deck of these as well? No childhood would be complete without them.
Old 10-12-2014, 05:34 PM   #287
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I can still hear it.
I still need to get around to recording a 56K dialup modem connecting, for use as a ringtone.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #288
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I pose a simple question, the answer to which may raise a few eyebrows:

How is Street Fighter 2's Guile like the Mona Lisa?

Old 03-29-2015, 02:03 AM   #289
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Two things, really...

For one, how the eyes of either portrait seem to follow you from whichever angle your viewing it. A true masterpiece on that alone.

Secondly, how well they go with just about anything:

Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:03 AM   #290
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Wanted to post a few of these, but

I feel like this one, in particular, deserves its own dedicated post:

Old 03-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #291
bayone

bayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybayone is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post
Hmm...I could hear it but had to turn my laptop volume up. (I'm 46)
Forty, and I winced at it. Then again I have trouble tuning out traffic, and have speculated that listening to high-volume music is a deliberate strategy to deafen oneself enough that background noise is no longer painful.
bayone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:33 AM   #292
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A guy at one of the local papers has taken to giving weather forecasts that reflect how we are all really feeling:

http://ottawacitizen.com/storyline/t...weather-ottawa

Sadly there doesn't seem to be any way to read the archive, so you get whatever is up there today. April 2nd isn't bad, and I like the gif at the end, but some of the one recently have been even better. How it is when you go look, I can't promise.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #293
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging inRabbitScorpion makes people happy simply by logging in

For non-metricphones: 15C=59F, -2C=28F and -8C=18F.

Detroit has been very much like Ottawa. It only gets above freezing long enough to make one day a washout.
Old 04-03-2015, 05:06 PM   #294
tankyguy

Mona Lisa and Guile: it's about what they both lack.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:29 PM   #295
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Default ^Does it have anything to do with my previous answer?

Also, if & when Esther checks in or anyone else who has any idea:
Is this for-real? I mean, how accurately do the subtitles match-up with the sound? What, if any, other context do I need? i.e. is this really a North Korean film or am I being silly to even wonder as much?
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 PM   #296
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Like me, neither of them are particularly blessed in the shoulder department. We have, like, noulders? It's just this general downward slant that no bag or bra strap cares to respect (no judgement, Guile). But utter ridiculousness aside...... eyebrows?
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 02:28 PM   #297
lille

Quote:
They have no eyebrows.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:30 PM   #298
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
But utter ridiculousness aside...... eyebrows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lille View Post
They have no eyebrows.
Correct!
Old 06-08-2015, 03:06 PM   #299
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What can probably best be described as a hipster coffee shop has opened up in my neighborhood. I could barely resist laughing at how stereotypical it was, as the thickly bearded and visibly tatooed young man spent over a minute explaining the wonders of "nitrogen coffee," which has to be the most gimmicky way I've yet heard of to make coffee. Seriously, it requires nitrogen tanks, beer casks and taps, and overnight brewing. After all that, I had to try it.

Darn it all, it was good. Cold coffee is usually pretty meh, but this had wonderful flavour.

I've already detoured once to grab another cup of it.

And finally it sunk in, I am in fact the target market for this. At five bucks a glass, it isn't other twenty-somethings that are going to buy it, mostly. It is in fact a brilliant wealth transfer scheme, targeting the blase bourgeoisie like me, who might be willing to pay twice the price for a marginally better cold coffee on a hot day.

The high price is, probably, even part of the sales pitch--"the brewing method is so ridiculously complicated that we have to charge you that much for a plain coffee". A pitch that will work most on people who have reached that time in their lives when they can afford to flatter themselves about their refined taste in their tipple of choice.

I see all of that ....... and I still want another freaking cup of that coffee.
Old 06-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #300
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Random post for writers/readers

Ok.. I have a question.. has anyone noticed that most stories about bbws/bhms are:

1. Short
2 go straight to the BBWs/BHMs having sex on a first date/meeting with the men/woman?

Where is the story line? Ugh! I don't mind the sexual stuff, but I want some content.

Story's with no real content, just "he is handsome.. into her.. he asks her out and he tells her she is sexy and they have sex on the first date.. and live happily ever after" with nothing else substantial... well.. I might as well watch porn..

lucca23v2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt