Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-20-2016, 08:48 AM   #451
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Squint harder!

If I had a nickel for every time I've had a woman get all upset about the plastic wrap I covered her face with. They kick and scratch and make such a fuss.

Because condoms don't go on the face, you tool! Stop getting "magnum" sized and using them as blow up balloons. (Yes young girls do that)
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:01 AM   #452
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyantha Reborn View Post
Stop getting "magnum" sized
I may as well try and fit in an extra small shirt while I'm at it then.
Old 09-20-2016, 09:25 AM   #453
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Apparently I work in a Pokemon hot spot (and for anyone playing -- beware Pokevision, it is very distracting!)
Between all the geeks who work for Natural Resources on Booth Street, and all the Chinese/Vietnamese-Canadian geeks who live in Chinatown on Preston Street, that concentration of Pokemon is not surprising!
Old 09-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #454
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I may as well try and fit in an extra small shirt while I'm at it then.
If it's one of those Underarmour stretch shirts, it might just fit...

One of our local discount chains, Giant Tiger, now has an in-house line of Underarmour knock-offs - but of quite good quality, considering the low $14 price. I picked up a couple to try on, and the first one seemed rather snug... turned out it was a medium, despite being on an XXL hanger - and really long, too. So, just for the hell of it, I went out and picked up a small - and, yes, it stretched enough to fit too! And was long enough to tuck into my shorts, if I wanted to. The material is thin enough, and smooth enough, that wearing it wasn't unpleasant... so if I ever want truly skintight wicking undershirts for something, I know what I'll buy...
Old 09-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #455
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Suck it, Dwes! My pronounciation of bagel and pasta is classically Canadian, not weird!!

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/201...cent-come-from
Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 AM   #456
Crumbling
Distilled Evil

Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Crumbling has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
My friend adopted an orphan kitty. He's still being bottle fed he's so young. We are looking for name sugestions. I suggested Marquis de Carabas. Any other ideas?
Micheal Q. Hat.

But he goes by Mike....
Old 09-26-2016, 11:26 AM   #457
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've developed a new game to play. Wearing a dress shirt, unlock my phone, place it in the chest pocket with the screen facing inward, and walk for a minute. Then take it out and see what screen the movement of my moob has navigated to. (fortunately so far no phone calls, that could be hard to explain ... )
Old 09-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #458
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Moob calling will become the new fad!
Old 11-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #459
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I enjoy playing city building games quite a bit, but occasionally one has to reflect on what would be the real world implications of simple choices you make in game for practicality's sake.

I had a prime bit of real estate in the city core that I wanted to develop but the problem was I had built a cemetery there early on. It turns out the game will not let you demolish or move a cemetery that has people interred there.

So obviously, they had to be moved.
But I didn't want them clogging up the rest of my cemeteries.

So, I build a dirt road that lead away from town, far off into the wilderness. At the end I build five or six crematoriums.

Day and night the hearses ran, thanks to me temporarily increasing their budget so they'd work harder.

Soon the cemetery was cleared out.
I had it bulldozed and built a soccer stadium and children's Bouncy Castle on the spot. Neighborhood happiness increased, land values went up and the income from the first soccer match mostly paid back the costs of the crematoriums and wages.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:07 PM   #460
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe a haunted bouncy castle...
Old 11-03-2016, 09:14 PM   #461
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default This is actually a fairly common problem and progression.

In the Victorian era, rural cemeteries became increasingly popular, and soon started to be designed and utilized more as we might look at the conventional public spaces of our own time (public parks, nature conservatories, museums, ect...). And so this precipitated their being set in city and town centers, to be more routinely accessible, which therefore supported their later conversion into many of the the most notable city parks we know of today, e.g. (in NYC) Washington Square Park, Madison Square Park, Union Square Park, Bryant Part, ect . were all once potter's fields wherein some tens of thousands of people, at least, were first buried.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 08:17 PM   #462
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The game, btw, is Cities: Skylines.
I've worked out an approach that's pretty ruthless but has proven effective.

Early on I literally don't build any medical infrastructure until so many people are sick and dying that new ones refuse to move to the city.

You can get away with it as long as your inflow of population is high enough.

The downside to this approach, aside from rapidly filling graveyards, is that it prevents my population from becoming educated, because newcomers are always uneducated and existing citizens die before they go through the school system.

So, for the first 20 years or so of the simulation, I pretty much have a population who toil in low end industrial jobs with incredible turnover and die as young adults in slums.

On their backs I build a huge surplus of money to fund an enclave population of educated, healthy office workers and slowly expand out their territory and gentrify the old factory districts and ramshackle tenements piecemeal.

It's not exactly a unique approach but I can't argue with results. It has worked out amazingly well and the only thing keeping me from developing the entire play area fully is that I still need people to work the jobs in waste management, retail and the like.
At least until I install a mod that adds a robot work force.
Old 11-05-2016, 06:26 AM   #463
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post

So, for the first 20 years or so of the simulation, I pretty much have a population who toil in low end industrial jobs with incredible turnover and die as young adults in slums.

On their backs I build a huge surplus of money to fund an enclave population of educated, healthy office workers and slowly expand out their territory and gentrify the old factory districts and ramshackle tenements piecemeal.

It's not exactly a unique approach but I can't argue with results. It has worked out amazingly well and the only thing keeping me from developing the entire play area fully is that I still need people to work the jobs in waste management, retail and the like.
At least until I install a mod that adds a robot work force.
Congratulations: you have just re-invented globalization!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #464
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
The game, btw, is Cities: Skylines. *snip*
I've been curious about that game, as I enjoy city simulators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Congratulations: you have just re-invented globalization!
Hah!
Old 11-05-2016, 09:14 PM   #465
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I've been curious about that game, as I enjoy city simulators.
It's quite good. Generally regarded as the best in the genre at the moment. It's deeper and less silly than the newest SimCity while having the best features of it and the unrelated Cities XL series combined.

My only issue with it is, despite all the mods for it, the traffic system is apparently hard coded in and they decided to prohibit right turns on red lights (I guess that's the law in Europe?) so I ran into a lot of problems when I first put down roads under the assumption that would be allowed.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:43 PM   #466
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

I know everyone here's wondering what to get me for Festivus, but rather than a different gift from everyone I figure you can all just chip in to get me a Noam Chomsky garden gnome for the low, low price of $195!!

It's a gnome of Noam! Once I put this in my front yard everyone in my neighborhood will know that I'm the type of zany rascal who enjoys getting his homonym on. You're welcome.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:30 PM   #467
fat hiker

Quote:
It's quite good. Generally regarded as the best in the genre at the moment. It's deeper and less silly than the newest SimCity while having the best features of it and the unrelated Cities XL series combined.

My only issue with it is, despite all the mods for it, the traffic system is apparently hard coded in and they decided to prohibit right turns on red lights (I guess that's the law in Europe?) so I ran into a lot of problems when I first put down roads under the assumption that would be allowed.
New York City and central Montreal also forbid right turns on red lights; and you're right, outside of Canada and the USA, the concept is unknown. It was introduced in the USA during the oil shocks of the early 1970s, as a way to save on gas, by reducing idling at intersections.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:55 PM   #468
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Can you destroy your cities? Create a natural disaster or have them bombed?
Old 11-07-2016, 04:37 PM   #469
tankyguy

Quote:
Can you destroy your cities? Create a natural disaster or have them bombed?
Not in the core game but as part of a larger DLC that involves public shelters, warning systems and emergency escape route planning.

Aside from that. someone's probably built a free mod that lets you unleash tornadoes and earthquakes.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:12 PM   #470
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
It's a gnome of Noam! Once I put this in my front yard everyone in my neighborhood will know that I'm the type of zany rascal who enjoys getting his homonym on.
Unless you live in a college town, in which case Noam will disappear overnight to take up residence in someone's dorm room...
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #471
tankyguy

Quote:
Unless you live in a college town, in which case Noam will disappear overnight to take up residence in someone's dorm room...
Right next to a tiny cement cherub Marx, whizzing into a pond.
Old 11-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #472
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Just Boston. I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a big college town.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:57 AM   #473
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Had a weird dream last night. Someone was using my shower when I was getting ready for work so I went out to find another shower and I ended up in some large industrial building where I showered but I didn't realize until i started walking home that I had unknowingly crossed the border to shower in Canada. I started walking back to the border but was worried because I had no passport and for some reason everyone was hitting hockey pucks at me and I had to dodge them.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #474
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What did Xy and Melian do to you on your last trip to Toronto?
Old 07-14-2017, 11:53 AM   #475
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
What did Xy and Melian do to you on your last trip to Toronto?
Well in my dream I would have been in Fort Erie which is like 3 blocks and a small river away from where I live.

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt