Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #101
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Alright, here's a question for anyone.

When I watch something - be it an older television episode or a movie - I tend to get extremely impatient come the middle of it. As a result, I sometimes google the media being watched and read the plot. While I don't feel like this really detracts from my watching experience, friends find this habit somewhat terrible.

What's wrong with enjoying something mostly because of the characters? IE: I watch House for...House. The structure is formulaic enough and eventually, I'd rather just know what non-Lupus ailment is the culprit.

So am I the only one who succumbs to this urge? Or has the urge period?
I do this too! Most anime I watch I end up reading about first and then watching, and most games I play a bit of, read about the story and stuff, and then get down to watching how it all unfolds! I actually tend to get into an anime/game because I've read all about the characters and therefore the storyline and want to see those characters myself!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #102
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You people don't deserve stories.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:58 AM   #103
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Suspense is a piss-poor reason to enjoy any kind of story, and quality media creations will carry themselves without it. This's the reason I do it the Amaranthine/ODAFFA/Loopy way.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #104
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default It ain't over 'til...

...wait, hold on....

yep, I do believe The Dark Lady has sung like a bluebird, baby! End of story.

Last edited by ODFFA; 05-24-2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: I always think of better things to say after the fact
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:11 AM   #105
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
See, this is my problem with laws. If homicide didn't carry so many legal repercussions, the population might be a bit more manageable. A genocide or two and no one will have to live in these god-forsaken areas!

But NOPE. Illegality all around
That's your solution for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
You are literally the dumbest motherfucker alive.
When your city is a smoking pile of rubble just remember that you were told.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #106
BearHug2013

BearHug2013 can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
...wait, hold on....

yep, I do believe The Dark Lady has sung like a bluebird, baby! End of story.
Woo!! We got another convert
And they shall call us the Future Lookers"
BearHug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #107
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearHug2013 View Post
A saying comes to mind instead. "Not seeing the painting for the brushstrokes".

I happen to like watching or reading things several times. The technical enjoyment is for the second or third run-through, when suspension of disbelief isn't necessary.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #108
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

1) Re: Amaranthine and others looking up the plot...I don't do this, but I do understand the impatience. For the most part I'm doing something else at the same time as watching TV (reading, ironing, playing on the computer, whatever) and my focus kinds of fades in and out with regards to what is on the TV, so I just don't pay a lot of attention to the tedious middle parts most of the time (there are the occasional shows or episodes that keep me riveted....but these are very rare)

2) Proper maintenance of one's ignore list is a key contributor to one's satisfactory forum user experience.

3) I like walking in the rain, ever since I invested in a good umbrella. Aside from the fact that it keeps me dryer (being larger than the cheap ones generally are), using something that is well designed and well made just pleases me. Is it weird that the quality of my umbrella affects how I feel about the rain?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #109
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Am I the only one who saw the "Rate Me Nigga" thread before it was deleted or did I imagine it?
Old 05-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #110
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb *straightens monocle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearHug2013 View Post
There's already a word for that. It's "philistines".
Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #111
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

A cheap umbrella is just a piss off.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #112
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post

3) I like walking in the rain, ever since I invested in a good umbrella. Aside from the fact that it keeps me dryer (being larger than the cheap ones generally are), using something that is well designed and well made just pleases me. Is it weird that the quality of my umbrella affects how I feel about the rain?
I don't think so! I love walking in the rain and hearing the pitter-patter of it on my umbrella. But when my umbrella is being ravaged by the wind and bending under pressure...I'm no longer enjoying the stroll. It's more like I'm walking my umbrella. And though I'm not typically one to concern myself with fashion, a nicely patterned umbrella is a joy of its own.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #113
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love to go walking in the rain without an umbrella.
Those nighttime Fall showers. The downtown silent except for the low pattering and the roaring gutters. The streets empty save for myself and the occasional cab. Neon reflected off the slick pavement.

It's like something out of film noir, except I can't quite pull off the trenchcoat look, but I love it.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 PM   #114
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
I can only feel bad to a point for the people in Oklahoma. Why in the FUCK would you live in a place where you know there's an excellent chance that a tornado will destroy everything you own and maybe even kill you some day?!
Or for that matter why would anyone live on a fault line or below sea level? Was their first choice to live on a volcano?
Fucking MOVE you idiots.
You do know that tornadoes of this magnitude can strike anywhere from the gulf coast to the Canadian subarctic. You proposing that we abandon two thirds of the continent?

A huge tornado (similar in magnitude to this week's storm) hit my home town of Edmonton (450 miles north of the US border) in 1987 killing 27 people.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/04/black-friday/

Indeed killer tornadoes have hit pretty much every region of North America. From Windsor Ontario, to Cleveland Ohio, to Cheyenne Wyoming. A 1953 tornado killed 94 people in Worcester Massachusetts. Even California gets tornadoes -- 1983 tornado injured 30 people in Los Angeles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...f_large_cities
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:15 AM   #115
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

Can happen ≠ Will happen

I can be struck by lightning anywhere, that doesn't mean it's wise for me to be on top of a mountain during a thunderstorm.

You'll likely see another 50 F4 or F5 tornadoes destroy towns in Oklahoma before 1 hits Cheyenne or Worcester again.

I reiterate:

Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #116
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
You are literally the dumbest motherfucker alive.
Chaz is right once more!

True stupidity is when you are unable or unwilling to recognize you might be wrong even if people patiently try to educate you!

In your post you do no less than denounce 80% of the history of human settlement - because the most densely populated areas on the planet have always been those that for climatic or geological reasons might include some form of potential hazard:

Evacuate California, the Western coast of Central and South America, the entire Mediterranean with Asia Minor all th way over to Iran and Afghanistan, Japan, Western China and Indonesia - irresponsible living there because of the risk of earth quakes!

Get out of all cities built on the coast, in river deltas or on rivers because of the potential tsunamis, storms and flooding... wait, which ones would that leave us with??

Or where would humanity be allowed to live with this rational?

Of all the stupid discussions there sometimes are around here, this one is high on the list of the most unnecessary
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #117
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Lightbulb

My mistake, I guess they're geniuses for living in the heart of a place called Tornado Alley.
Old 05-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #118
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
My mistake, I guess they're geniuses for living in the heart of a place called Tornado Alley.
No more so than people are geniuses for living in New York or London because we all know that's the place terrorists like to strike. So they should really think about moving.

Japanese people should look for new places to reside also since tsunami's hit them.

Anyone that lives along the gulf coast or eastern seaboard should also move, you know, hurricanes and all.

The thing is, you made a tasteless joke that backfired a bit and wasn't very funny. Just accept that and move on. Your posts are sometimes amusing although the take nothing serious treat every situation like your auditioning for the improv does get slightly redundant.
Old 05-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #119
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

I love you so much right now Leo.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #120
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default apropos of nothing....

Found this tough to watch.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #121
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Anyone else find the girl in the Wendy's ads a little creepy?

Like, in the most recent ad she's cheering up a kid who just lost a little league game. Dad is there, but if I was him and some random grown stranger just appeared and inserts themselves into a conversation I was having with my son addressing him directly, I'd be more than a little...concerned, to say the least. And what exactly was she doing hanging around a little league game anyways?

And then later, after dad and son went a got some Wendy's and they're in a whole other location, she's still following them from a distance.

Weird.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #122
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Alright, here's a question for anyone.

When I watch something - be it an older television episode or a movie - I tend to get extremely impatient come the middle of it. As a result, I sometimes google the media being watched and read the plot. While I don't feel like this really detracts from my watching experience, friends find this habit somewhat terrible.

What's wrong with enjoying something mostly because of the characters? IE: I watch House for...House. The structure is formulaic enough and eventually, I'd rather just know what non-Lupus ailment is the culprit.

So am I the only one who succumbs to this urge? Or has the urge period?
I will do this if the movie is boring me. If I'm into it, I don't want spoilers.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:16 AM   #123
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Anyone else find the girl in the Wendy's ads a little creepy?

Like, in the most recent ad she's cheering up a kid who just lost a little league game. Dad is there, but if I was him and some random grown stranger just appeared and inserts themselves into a conversation I was having with my son addressing him directly, I'd be more than a little...concerned, to say the least. And what exactly was she doing hanging around a little league game anyways?

And then later, after dad and son went a got some Wendy's and they're in a whole other location, she's still following them from a distance.

Weird.
Yah, I thought that one was a little off, too.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:39 AM   #124
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Just quickly crushing the party

Cross-posting from the crushes thread... 'cause that's the way I want it....

I’ve been on Dims exactly one year today!
I believe this permits me to get just a little cumbaya on you all. So, bear with me.....you know, just this once :-P I thought I’d make a little crush list of people that have been on my mind lately, say a little something to them/about them and add a song that makes me think of their amazingness whenever I hear it.

PS: You guys know how much awesomesaucery goes on here and I’m only human, so if you’re not on this list, I prrrrobably still think you’re fantastic.

Spiritangel-Amanda: You remind me of everything that’s important in life and you are one beautiful specimen of woman. This is an Afrikaans song, but it’s sung by another lovely Amanda and I think of you every time I hear it. (I did take a crack at translating it; the English is in the description box.)

Amaranthine-Amanda: You’re the personification of that famous quote by Marianne Williamson. You have such an empowering and liberating presence. I am one among many on here that have benefited from it. What You Want – Evanescence

Dark Lady: Ravishingly beautiful in mind, body and spirit. I’ve learned a lot from having the pleasure of seeing you be so unapologetically true to yourself.

Sassy: I bow to your astonishing wit, sir. And I love that you use your superpowers for good.

Hozay: I want what you’re having. Your love of life, music and all things awesome is so freakin’ contagious. Lucky us. Your compliments are also really amazing and sincere, and have meant a lot to me.
(Personally, I really love this version)

Surly: Well, you’re Canadian, so there’s that. You’ve just been so lovely and kind to me from day one and instantly made me feel like a part of this community. I love how real you are.
(You introduced me to this song and I’m haunted by your awesomeness every time it comes up on my mp3 player)

Tad: The voice of reason; and also a Canadian. I always find myself wanting to know what your take on a particular discussion is. Your posts and messages are always ridiculously logical, wise and encouraging, and you will never ever get a TL;DR from me.

I’m a better OD because of all of you. Not even kidding.

THANK YOU, DIMS
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #125
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Thanks OD! <3

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt