Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 05-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #126
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

*click*
*click*
*click*

Darn it, repper is empty again! (seems that way more often than not when I point it your way, Odffa).

And has it really only been a year? You seem like one of those people who have been around for ages--and I mean that in the very best way. You are just good people to be around
Old 05-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #127
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Despite being notified it was coming up I wasted my 420th post.

Which....is pretty apropos come to think of it.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 AM   #128
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Dark Lady: Ravishingly beautiful in mind, body and spirit. Iíve learned a lot from having the pleasure of seeing you be so unapologetically true to yourself. Precious Dark Ė Inidica
Thank you muchly, sweet lady! I'm very fond of your presence on this site as well, as you already know by now, lol. By the way, the music I hear playing whenever I read your posts is usually the Swan Lake theme, which is odd because I didn't know your name until fairly recently.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #129
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Ah, the social construct...

People are awesome

I feel like Iíve been here for ages too. And I mean that in the very best way

Moving this brilliantly addictive thread right along, Iím curious to know what people think... I find myself a bit torn on the issue of the Dims Ďcategories.í I mean, categories exist primarily to be practical and helpful, I would imagine. And they are.

Iím really glad thereís a BHM/FFA board, an FA/FFA board and I think itís great that thereís a BBW board, etc. At the same time though, I find it a pity that these dividers become divides that tend to make us either so afraid/comfortable/single-minded that we can easily miss out on some rather wonderful mingling.

E.g.... I realised the other day that Iíve never visited or posted in the GLBTQ board and asked myself why. Itís certainly not due to lack of interest, prejudice or fear of association with that board. If it were, fair enough. But I realised that it was more because of a very, very subtle sense that I had no business there. Iím not talking about feeling unwelcome or even intimidated at all. I just mean that, because the category exists, it would feel the tiniest bit unnatural at first for me to Ďpoke my nose around thereí as a heterosexual female.

Thing is, it wouldnít really be unnatural in the least. Iím a human being. Iím interested in sexuality and the nature of attraction. Iím interested to know what peopleís general likes, dislikes and experiences are and how they compare with my own. And, after all, I would honestly be pretty chuffed if a non-[F]FA poked their nose around Ďourí board in the spirit of learning, sharing and contributing.

Thoughts? Opinions? Experiences?

*....visits GLBTQ board....*
Old 06-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #130
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I definitely know what you mean! I typically visit most of the boards just to look around, but I rarely go on the BBW board. Even though there are interesting threads to read, it just doesn't seem like a place I should post, as I don't really fit the category. Oddly, most boards seem to have their their particular crowds. Like the Lounge and Hyde Park, even though there's really no descriptor restrictions.

That being said, I think some of the sub-forums could certainly use some more traffic/a greater variety of posters. The GLBTQ forum, especially. It's been pretty dead for awhile, and some other people posting and asking questions might liven it up a little!
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #131
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I browse most of the main forums. I mainly post in the Lounge, the Main forum, Hyde Park and here. Mostly I post when I have something to say and feel like saying it. Even though I visit the BBW board, the GLBTQ board, the Fashion board, etc, I rarely have something worth saying in those areas.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #132
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have to second what Dromond posted. I too browse most of the other boards, but generally only post in a couple of them when I have something I think might add to a discussion or is a topic that I either have an interest or knowledge in whatever is being discussed.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #133
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I used to be more shy about which boards I visited, but then I found the 'new posts' button. Now I normally just hit that, and go read any interesting looking post that isn't on the paysite board.

I do try not to post on the BBW board, what with not being a BBW and it being a protected space (although occasionally I'll respond to a post without remembering to check which board it was actually on), and I'm far more apt to read on the GLBQT board than post there, because while I support and sympathize I have no real experience in that area so most of the time I figure it is better to hold my fingers.

I do like how the BHM/FFA board kind of has everything rolled into one board, however--it makes for a nice community!
Old 06-03-2013, 06:45 AM   #134
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I tend to check these boards in order every time I come online:
- Main
- 20s something Lounge
- FA/FFA
- BBW
- BHM/FFA
- Sexuality
- Weight board/weight gain sub board

I have checked out just about every board on this site though! As my posts in the past probably show! I just love hearing different people's opinions and such. The only thing that makes me sad is how quickly things go from a debate or discussion with people sharing their opinions to people attacking others and just being plain rude. To be honest, because of that I have started to feel less safe and welcome here on Dims and have been losing my internet in it, which is sad because I feel at home here.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #135
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

So many awesome people roaming allll around Dims I'm getting into more of a Dims-is-my-oyster mentality now too!

I hear you, Loopy. I always say I love discussion......don't care toooo much for debate. For me the difference in connotation between those words is; when you are 'discussing' something you are sharing ideas - freely communicating your own and being open to hearing and understanding others' as best you can. What you do with your ideas after the fact, whether they remain unchanged or not, is your own business.

'Debating,' for me, has the connotation of wanting to convince - wanting your own ideas to be heard and taken on board, sometimes at unnecessary costs. While this kind of communication has its place, I guess, I personally find the other kind much more enjoyable and beneficial. I'm sure some people would tell me "no, dear, I think you're mistaking debate for argument." Could very well be. Not always easy to tell the difference
Old 06-03-2013, 12:49 PM   #136
Tad
mostly harmless

Just by the way, if anyone starts with "no, dear," and they are not an elderly relative, I think you entirely allowed to let their head have an argument with any handy large blunt object (or at the very least to imagine it, while you ignore what they are say) ;-)

And yah, come for the eye-candy or acceptance, stay for the discussions!
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #137
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I hear you, Loopy. I always say I love discussion......don't care toooo much for debate. For me the difference in connotation between those words is; when you are 'discussing' something you are sharing ideas - freely communicating your own and being open to hearing and understanding others' as best you can. What you do with your ideas after the fact, whether they remain unchanged or not, is your own business.

'Debating,' for me, has the connotation of wanting to convince - wanting your own ideas to be heard and taken on board, sometimes at unnecessary costs. While this kind of communication has its place, I guess, I personally find the other kind much more enjoyable and beneficial. I'm sure some people would tell me "no, dear, I think you're mistaking debate for argument." Could very well be. Not always easy to tell the difference
That is a really good point and one that I haven't put much thought into to be honest. I guess the problem I have is that I like playing devil's advocate sometimes and I like stating when my opinion is different from another person's but that has nothing to do with wanting them to agree with me. I do sometimes desire that people will accept my opinion is a valid one in addition to their own but I don't want people to think like me. The way that I see it, the world is full of people and everybody is a little bit different and it is these differences that make us who we are and that is why people are interesting. I want to understand more about why people think things but I get the feeling I rub people up the wrong way with that because I tend to get people turn all annoyed and bitchy on me. ^^;
Old 06-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #138
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I guess the problem I have is that I like playing devil's advocate sometimes and I like stating when my opinion is different from another person's but that has nothing to do with wanting them to agree with me. ....... I want to understand more about why people think things but I get the feeling I rub people up the wrong way with that because I tend to get people turn all annoyed and bitchy on me. ^^;
IMO, with practice one can get better at making it clear that this opposing viewpoint is not meant in an attacking or slighting way. Online, it never hurts to be painfully explicit about why you are putting things that way, or to include lots of disclaimers, or to put it all as questions rather than statements (also, the questions pretty much invite a reply ). Emoticons can help too.

Basically, this sort of thing always runs the risk of annoying people, but on line people can't see you making cute, non-threatening, faces that clearly show you are not trying to antagonize, so you kind of have to layer on thick the alternative ways of expressing that.

At least, that has been my experience. Your mileage may vary. No warranty express or implied. Use at your own risk.....

And at that, have you ever been writing up a response, and thought to yourself, no matter how I phrase this, this is just going to get taken the wrong way....maybe it is better to not post this one?
Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #139
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
IMO, with practice one can get better at making it clear that this opposing viewpoint is not meant in an attacking or slighting way. Online, it never hurts to be painfully explicit about why you are putting things that way, or to include lots of disclaimers, or to put it all as questions rather than statements (also, the questions pretty much invite a reply ). Emoticons can help too.

Basically, this sort of thing always runs the risk of annoying people, but on line people can't see you making cute, non-threatening, faces that clearly show you are not trying to antagonize, so you kind of have to layer on thick the alternative ways of expressing that.

At least, that has been my experience. Your mileage may vary. No warranty express or implied. Use at your own risk.....

And at that, have you ever been writing up a response, and thought to yourself, no matter how I phrase this, this is just going to get taken the wrong way....maybe it is better to not post this one?
Thank you for the advice and I think you are right! I guess I am just used to talking to people in real life and being understood easily so I forget that there are so many cues missing online, you know?

I have indeed had that moment where I've realised something is going to come out wrong and thought that it is best just to say something funny (well, funny to me at least, that is hugely subjective!) and leave it at that. I tend to leave a while between seeing a post and replying as well just so that I'm not getting over excited and passionate in my responses! I enjoy myself too much and I think that comes off completely wrong!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:18 PM   #140
BearHug2013

BearHug2013 can now change their title

Given that I'm still relatively new here, I've stuck to only a few boards:

-BHM/FFA()
-Lounge
-20's
BearHug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #141
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

I visit Hyde Park occasionally for the comedy. Partisan idiocy + un-medicated pathologies + fumbling passive-aggressiveness = awesomeness.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #142
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey, I take my meds!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #143
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
I visit Hyde Park occasionally for the comedy. Partisan idiocy + un-medicated pathologies + fumbling passive-aggressiveness = awesomeness.
I try and stay away from that board just for the sake of my mental healthy for exactly the same reasons!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #144
Dromond
Old school

Mental health is highly overrated.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #145
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Round-here...

"over-stated" is more like-it...
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #146
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Mental health is highly overrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
"over-stated" is more like-it...
Teehee! Maybe I'm flaky, but I can't help agreeing with you both.

Btw, I HAVE AN ANXIETY DISORDER ;_; Somebody hug me.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #147
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
IMA HUG YOU SO HARD YO MOMMA GONNA GET A HUG TOO

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #148
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

...that's the way you need it,
any way you want it.

(Now you all understand the horrible Journey this thread's title has made me endure, personally. You're welcome.)
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #149
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Haha, me to! Not such a fan of the stranger hugging though to be fair! =p
Old 06-06-2013, 03:34 AM   #150
BearHug2013

BearHug2013 can now change their title

Quote:
Teehee! Maybe I'm flaky, but I can't help agreeing with you both.

*HUG*
BearHug2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt