Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #201
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Now MrSensible mentions it, I've so often looked at many TV depictions I've seen of certain people in the deep south and gone.... "That's the white South African mentality right there for ya!"

The most prominent that comes to mind is the movie The Help, but there's also the series GCB and some documentaries I've seen. We have a lot of.... interesting attitudes and cultural characteristics in common.
Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #202
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
@Everyone else: What....in your opinion or sense of it....is television's most realistic depiction of life in whatever country you're from or at least whatever part of it you live-in?......

As I can with another show, a favorite of a buddy of mind who grew up around the El Paso area, King of the Hill. He would always go on about how it reminded him so much of his home there.
King Of The Hill nails small town Texas pretty much exactly. I personally know someone like each of the characters on that show (including some that talk like Boomhauer) and the general attitudes of the characters jibe with the attitudes around here in the smaller towns of Texas.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #203
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
King Of The Hill nails small town Texas pretty much exactly. I personally know someone like each of the characters on that show (including some that talk like Boomhauer) and the general attitudes of the characters jibe with the attitudes around here in the smaller towns of Texas.
Yes, I've met a few "Boomhauers" in my day, so I can relate. I've never met anyone quite as eh... eccentric as Dale, but I don't think I'd be opposed to it .
Old 07-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #204
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post

Now, with all-that out of the way:

It looks like there are quite a few Damien Jurado fans out there. So, maybe this is as good a place as any to ask if anyone has been to what's called a "Living Room Show?"

I ask because there is a certain artist (that I want to see perform live) who is doing a bunch of these in the coming months. When I clicked on the link to purchase tickets, there was this pdf that you can open which basically explains that you’re supposed to give them your email address and that they, in turn, will email you with the precise address & parking info, etc… And that you’re not supposed to reveal any of this to anyone who hasn’t also purchased a ticket?! Anyway, I mention Jurado specifically because the management company through which all of these shows are “organized” for the artist I want to see does the same for him. Or, at least, (I think) he seems like the most widely recognizable artist on there.

I’m really not sure of what to expect. I don’t even know if this article is really talking about the same thing. Main issues: Seating Is this, like, supposed to be general admission? Do folks just sit wherever they want? Is it actually in some person’s own personal living room? What about drinks & snacks? Can I bring my own? What about beer? Or using the restroom?
Will there be, like, mainly all people who know each other? I mean, is it a kind of “a scene?” With a bunch of local hipsters & scene-kids running things like it’s some sort of "open-mike?"

I guess I will be alright as long as I don’t have to sit on the floor or any kind of chair that’s too small or fragile. Insights? Anyone?
I didn't see your question until right now

If you have the chance to see a living room show with an artist you enjoy or want to see. PLEASE go do it. Living room shows are really intimate, it's almost like getting a private show. I can't remember the name of the company but there's one in particular that puts on living room shows all the time and the "protocol" is just what you explained. You can sign up to host these shows as well, they as that you can comfortably allow for 40-60 people I believe. The reason they don't want you leaking all that information is because people will just show up at someone's house.

I'm not entirely sure about the BYOB policy, but you can usually email the homeowner and they'll let you know what's up. It occasionally is a lot of the homeowner's friends as they're the ones that spread the world as well, but there's also people that get admission from the website ticket sales. Again, pretty intimate, so it's usually a small group of people. I'm actually watching Damien Jurado tomorrow :-)

John Vanderslice just did a run of Living room shows up here as well.

If it hasn't passed by, I'd definitely check it out, it's such a cool setting.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #205
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Every so often, I find myself wandering back to one of my favorite pieces of writing in the world, a poem by Denise Levertov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise Levertov
In Mind

There's in my mind a woman
of innocence, unadorned but

fair-featured and smelling of
apples or grass. She wears

a utopian smock or shift, her hair
is light brown and smooth, and she

is kind and very clean without
ostentation-

but she has
no imagination

And there's a
turbulent moon-ridden girl

or old woman, or both,
dressed in opals and rags, feathers

and torn taffeta,
who knows strange songs

but she is not kind.
No other poem has ever struck me like that one, just because it 100% elucidates a conflict, or maybe a chasm of difference, that I've been struggling against ever since my first memories. I was always very aware that almost everyone around me wanted me to be the first girl, while everything in me that I valued most told me that life was only worth living if I could be the second girl.

And to this day, I still can't understand why anyone would prefer the one with no imagination, much less want to be her.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:21 AM   #206
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^Just a shot in the dark...

that it would require an imagination of one's own in order to see the absence of it in another.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #207
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
And to this day, I still can't understand why anyone would prefer the one with no imagination, much less want to be her.
I'm not sure why this poem is so compelling to read, but it is.

It actually reminded me of the Big Five personality test. Specifically the trait of openness to experience, which I would guess you'd score extremely high in. I suppose some people just prefer what's safe and familiar to them, with no desire to explore further...though that's a strange thought to anyone of a different mindset.

(It's also probably worth noting that openness is the trait most highly correlated with intelligence - and indeed, a lot of intelligent people are curious/imaginative, potentially degenerate weirdos.)
Old 09-09-2013, 11:29 AM   #208
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

As someone who is neither I'd rather be kind than imaginative.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #209
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The poem made me immediately think of the Maiden, the Mother and the Crone; the three archetypes of femininity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_...ian_psychology

According to what I've read, since every woman is all three, you don't have to be conflicted.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #210
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
Every so often, I find myself wandering back to one of my favorite pieces of writing in the world, a poem by Denise Levertov.

No other poem has ever struck me like that one, just because it 100% elucidates a conflict, or maybe a chasm of difference, that I've been struggling against ever since my first memories. I was always very aware that almost everyone around me wanted me to be the first girl, while everything in me that I valued most told me that life was only worth living if I could be the second girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I'm not sure why this poem is so compelling to read, but it is.

It actually reminded me of the Big Five personality test. Specifically the trait of openness to experience, which I would guess you'd score extremely high in. I suppose some people just prefer what's safe and familiar to them, with no desire to explore further...though that's a strange thought to anyone of a different mindset.

(It's also probably worth noting that openness is the trait most highly correlated with intelligence - and indeed, a lot of intelligent people are curious/imaginative, potentially degenerate weirdos.)
I have never seen a conflict between being oneself, complete with imagination and foibles, and being able to interface with society at large, so I don’t much care for the dichotomy in that poem, for all that it does really highlight the issue.

On the other hand I’m not sure I can think of phrase that I consider any more insidiously toxic than any variation of ‘to be a good girl.’ One of the first arguments I had with my girlfriend (now wife) was when she was visiting (we were LDR at the time), I had to work, and I’d come home and she’d done something domestic and she said she’d been a ‘good girl.’ I went all “Don’t ever do anything because it would be being a good girl, I don’t want you ever doing anything because it is a good girl thing to do, if you don’t feel that it is what you should do, don’t.” Which, when she was expecting affirmation and praise, didn’t really go over so well.

Eventually we both calmed down and I was better able to explain that I’d always, forever, rather come home to no food, no clean laundry, not a lick done domestically, if she was happy because she’d read a great book, or drawn something, or whatever. (no, it never totally took—referring to the OCEAN big five traits, she has too high levels of conscientiousness and neuroticism to ever be comfortable being truly self-indulgent, sadly, but that is just the way she is and I’ve had to accept it)
Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #211
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yeah, that's a tricky line to walk. Some people choose to please others because that pleases them, and that's just as pleasing to them as shameless self indulgence is to another.

I'd like to think that most people, when they pass a certain level of emotional maturity, realize what makes them happy and how to balance that against their desire to make others happy (or not).

If a woman truly likes "being all domestic", that's her choice, all you have to do is respect it.

Also, bro-jectively speaking, if hot meal + clean floor = happy wife, dude don't knock a good thing.

Last edited by tankyguy; 09-10-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #212
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Eventually we both calmed down and I was better able to explain that I’d always, forever, rather come home to no food, no clean laundry, not a lick done domestically, if she was happy because she’d read a great book, or drawn something, or whatever. (no, it never totally took—referring to the OCEAN big five traits, she has too high levels of conscientiousness and neuroticism to ever be comfortable being truly self-indulgent, sadly, but that is just the way she is and I’ve had to accept it)
A friend of mine is dating a guy who's the exact opposite. The first time I hung out at her house, he came home and almost instantly started criticizing her for not cleaning.

That'd drive me absolutely insane. I'm actually totally happy to do a bunch for someone - cooking, little surprises, generally trying to make them happy. Unless they turn it into an obligation. I just start to resent that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Yeah, that's a tricky line to walk. Some people choose to please others because that pleases them, and that's just as pleasing to them as shameless self indulgence is to another.
That's quite true - making someone else happy is definitely a legitimate source of personal pleasure for many. But I think some people have to realize that to better help other people, they have to help themselves first. You can do all you want for people, but if you're not happy besides that, then something's going to suffer.

Since Tad brought up the OCEAN traits again, here's a test for anyone who might like to play too: http://similarminds.com/bigfive.html

Extroversion / 26%
Orderliness/Conscientiousness / 44%
Emotional Stability (Opposite of Neuroticism) / 84%
Accommodation/Agreeableness / 50%
Inquisitiveness/Openness / 86%

My one qualm with this test it that it sort of blends organization and reliability together. I'm entirely messy/disorganized...but I'm always punctual and dependable. Though, for favored careers, it gave me gems like philosopher, scientist, and assassin so I can't really complain. And least favored career was child care worker. Spot on, random test.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #213
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh, I love personality tests!

Extroversion 30%
Orderliness 52%
Emotional Stability 72%
Accommodation 50%
Inquisitiveness 86%

ETA: in my excitement about that, I forgot to mention....it isn't like my wife particularly domestic, more that she can't help but figure out how to get everything done and then execute on it.....she'd make a good military officer or production manager at a factory or something like that. Once we'd sorted out what the motivations were, all was good.

Last edited by Tad; 09-10-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #214
tankyguy

Thumbs up

Extroversion 32%
Orderliness 46%
Emotional Stability 44%
Accommodation 42%
Inquisitiveness 64%

Primary type: Reserved

I disagree with a few traits in the description.

"not self expressive"
People know exactly what I'm feeling, when I let them. However, I admit while I express myself through art, I don't always let everyone see it. Maybe some people think that's the same thing as not being self expressive, but I make a distinction.

"tattoo averse"
On myself? Ambivalent.
On others? Fascinating!

But much of the rest...

"outsider, does not fit in most places, spends more time in solitary activity than group activity, loner, more likely to be nerdy, prefers loose fitting clothing, desires security and support, does not like accepting help, likes science fiction, not traditional"

...rings very true. And yet despite being a loner and shunning crowds, I get lonely and long for companionship. It'd be a fascinating dichotomy if I wasn't living it.

Favored careers:

game designer, computer animator, video game designer, software developer, illustrator, cartoonist (someone's been stalking me)

Also: philosopher and assassin
Amaranthine, care to team up?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #215
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Extroversion 54%
Orderliness 60%
Emotional Stability 48%
Accommodation 60%
Inquisitiveness 66%

So apparently my favoured careers are fucktons of teaching/caring options, events co-ordinator, administrator, PR, writer, editor, politics or psychology.
Apparently I would make a shit assassin. Pffft. I'd be the perfect assassin.

Edit: Apparently the second link from the same results tells me I'd be shit at organising or caring for people/appearances and to be a scientist so.......... Yeah this thing's wash.

Last edited by Sasquatch!; 09-10-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #216
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Extroversion 40%
Orderliness 44%
Emotional Stability 42%
Accommodation 60%
Inquisitiveness 60%

I'm apparently a RLUAI type. I've gotta say, as harsh as the description may have been, it had me pegged on quite a few accounts. I love the "not good at sports" part, haha. I'm not sure how it came to such a specific conclusion, but it certainly wasn't wrong. It was also spot on with the favored/disfavored careers portion.

Overall, it was actually somewhat depressing in that "tough love" kind of way. Much of it rang true, and it's not always easy to accept certain, foundational truths about yourself. Although, I do think they could have got the point across without being so overtly negative about it... fuck .

By the way, anyone else notice how some of the "types" don't have any careers listed? What's up with that?
Old 09-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #217
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Extroversion 80%
Orderliness 46%
Emotional Stability 64%
Accommodation 50%
Inquisitiveness 50%

well its not saying i'm a dick so thats good i think.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #218
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSensible View Post
By the way, anyone else notice how some of the "types" don't have any careers listed? What's up with that?
Whatever I got made me sound like a complete dummy and also didn't list any careers. Maybe Mr. Smartypants Test thinks we are unfit for work.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:08 AM   #219
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

For Emotional Stability I scored a "LOL". That's good, right?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #220
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
For Emotional Stability I scored a "LOL". That's good, right?
That depends. How did it make you feel?
Old 09-11-2013, 08:17 PM   #221
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Extroversion 46%
Orderliness 32%
Emotional Stability 40%
Accommodation 44%
Inquisitiveness 66%

To be honest, I just put most things in the center with a few outliers. The 1-5 scale was difficult for me to gauge.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #222
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I took a bootleg test, here are my results:

Extraversion ||||||||||||||| 77% (83 percentile)
Conscientiousness|||||||| 40% (14 percentile)
Neuroticism |||||||| 42% (37 percentile)
Agreeableness ||||||||||||||| 75% (51 percentile)
Openness ||||||||||||||||| 87% (71 percentile)

Calculated by http://personality-testing.info/tests/BIG5.php

Also @The Dark Lady: it's interesting... If I had to ascribe kindness to one of the two women described in the poem, it would have been the second, and not the first woman. I guess because I've known enough neat, smooth, simple people who were fundamentally hard as stone...
Old 09-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #223
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made the mistake of sitting next to someone's "girl" on the bus today. Confusion ensued. it was pretty full and I usually stand up but I saw an empty seat next to a woman, a seat that face the inside of the bus facing other people instead of a seat that faces forward, I take it. About one stop in the guy in front of her says "I don't know what the fuck is going on, but wait until we get downtown. I'm gonna get both you together and find out what the fuck is going on!" To which the girl says "What are you talking about?"

The man continues his little show about how he's gonna get both of us together and figure this shit out. He's make "him" tell the truth. They go back and forth a bit and I'm thinking "if he's got an issue with me sitting next to her...why didn't he say something to me?"

They keep going and she said "He looked at me, and he sat down!" I started getting a little worried because they were getting heated enough to make a scene. So he looks down the aisle to the back of the bus and says "yeah, I'm talking about you muthafucka," to some other guy.

Oh look, it's my stop! Off I go!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #224
Tad
mostly harmless

That sounds like a good test for your deodorant/antiperspirant, Hozay!

=======================================

There are certain good things about having a teenager who isn't out roaming the town at all hours, etc. On the other hand, now that ours isn't sleeping much more than we are....he really needs to start getting out of the house more often. And I'm not just talking for parental intimacy time, but just generally having time to ourselves. I feel like when we were young and to have couple time we had to go for a walk.

ETA: to be clear, he's a good kid, and for the most part I enjoy his company. Just....not quite so much of it.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #225
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Extroversion 30%
Orderliness 26%
Emotional Stability 36%
Accommodation 78%
Inquisitiveness 50%

I've always said a messy room/desk is the sign of a clean mind.

My type is RLUAN.

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt