Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Festivals and Gigs

So at the end of this month I'm off to Glastonbury Festival, then in July I got tickets to a smaller festival called Truck. I could do with going to a few more gigs and if i can find room for a 3rd festival I will. Line ups bellow.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

http://truckfestival.com/line-up/

So what plans do all you wonerfull peoples around the globe have and/or where and who should I go to see...
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Helping to run local vegetarian food festival this weekend. And have a stall at the One Planet Living festival this weekend too.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Helping to run local vegetarian food festival this weekend. And have a stall at the One Planet Living festival this weekend too.
We used to have a good vegan/vegetarian fest and a sweet french market here but the council moved to Bedford 40 miles away. Good luck with both.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

First of all, much envy on you going to Glastonbury--that is one I'd love to go see some day. And I just looked at the line up, and I'm salivating (although glad I don't have to choose between the many conflicts when bands I'd love to see are on at the same time). I don't know Truck, or most of the bands, but I hope it is also a great time

We have passes for Ottawa Bluesfest this year (which doesn't have all that much to do with the Blues these days....headliners include The Black Keys and Bjork. Although they are bringing B.B. King in as a nod to their name). It is only about a 10-15 minute bike ride from our house--less from where I work--so we can pretty much just pop over for the bands that we really want to see (it runs over 10 days).

http://ottawabluesfest.ca/lineup/grid/
Old 06-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
First of all, much envy on you going to Glastonbury--that is one I'd love to go see some day. And I just looked at the line up, and I'm salivating (although glad I don't have to choose between the many conflicts when bands I'd love to see are on at the same time). I don't know Truck, or most of the bands, but I hope it is also a great time

We have passes for Ottawa Bluesfest this year (which doesn't have all that much to do with the Blues these days....headliners include The Black Keys and Bjork. Although they are bringing B.B. King in as a nod to their name). It is only about a 10-15 minute bike ride from our house--less from where I work--so we can pretty much just pop over for the bands that we really want to see (it runs over 10 days).

http://ottawabluesfest.ca/lineup/grid/
WOW... I dont Know where to begin. So many awesome bands, Zac Brown Band, The Joy Formidable,Jon Spencer Blues Explosion,The Waterboys are all awesome shouts. If i win a lotto between now and then im am so going.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #6
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well, I was supposed to be heading off to Amnesia Rockfest (punk festival) in a few days, but I dumped my bf last weekend, and we were planning on going together...so I had to bail. It was a great line-up, too
Old 06-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I’m sorry things didn’t work out for you, Melian (in both senses).

Sure you can’t find a willing victim to go with you?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am sooo jealous of you going to Glastonbury, biglynch! I went in 2010 and have been trying to get back there ever since, but uni placement/minimal holidays now dictate I won't be able to go until 2016.

I can't afford festival tickets (and don't really have festival-going friends) so I volunteer steward at festivals. For the past 2 years I've been to WOMAD, a world music festival, which I love. It's fairly small and really chilled out, and I love not knowing (m)any of the artists on the bill - both years have been voyages of discovery. That's another one I'll miss this year. Lattitude is another one I'd love to get to - the line-up always looks right up my street, and the setting seems beautiful.

This year the only festival I can get to is Wilderness. I'm excited to see Rodriguez as I loved Searching for Sugarman, and Empire of the Sun are playing too, which will be good. I don't usually aim to see too many bands at festivals though - I prefer to wander around and see what I stumble across. I hope the weather's good for Wilderness as there's a lake you can go swimming in - hoping to be brave enough to bare all in a bikini for the first time in a good few years!

Tad - that blues festival looks great, you're lucky being so close.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin

Last edited by Gingembre; 06-12-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Well, I was supposed to be heading off to Amnesia Rockfest (punk festival) in a few days, but I dumped my bf last weekend, and we were planning on going together...so I had to bail. It was a great line-up, too
My best friend was supposed to come out from Calgary and stay for a week so we could go to this, but he cancelled. I reluctantly opted to cancel my time off and go back to work, meanwhile...another friend of mine from out of town says he's going and now it's too late for me to take time off work again so yeah...SUCKS!

It's such a killer lineup too, so many bands I wanted to see- 7Seconds, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front...whatever Black Flag reunion they have scheduled...

SUCKS!

Edit- SEE??? http://www.pnrockfest.com/en/2013-lineup/

Last edited by MattB; 06-12-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: SEE???
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I am sooo jealous of you going to Glastonbury, biglynch! I went in 2010 and have been trying to get back there ever since, but uni placement/minimal holidays now dictate I won't be able to go until 2016.

I can't afford festival tickets (and don't really have festival-going friends) so I volunteer steward at festivals. For the past 2 years I've been to WOMAD, a world music festival, which I love. It's fairly small and really chilled out, and I love not knowing (m)any of the artists on the bill - both years have been voyages of discovery. That's another one I'll miss this year. Lattitude is another one I'd love to get to - the line-up always looks right up my street, and the setting seems beautiful.

This year the only festival I can get to is Wilderness. I'm excited to see Rodriguez as I loved Searching for Sugarman, and Empire of the Sun are playing too, which will be good. I don't usually aim to see too many bands at festivals though - I prefer to wander around and see what I stumble across. I hope the weather's good for Wilderness as there's a lake you can go swimming in - hoping to be brave enough to bare all in a bikini for the first time in a good few years!

Tad - that blues festival looks great, you're lucky being so close.
hardcore planning never works and as im sure you impossible at Glasto as every corner can hide something epic. Willderness looks like a good line up, Empire of the Sun are top notch and if you want a quality but of funtime retro madness you must see (link) The Correspondents... very very tres Bon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZukiRrYROA
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #11
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
whoa....I must be outta the loop....bf..???
what happened to Hubby

hope you are HAPPIER TODAY....you should GO ANYWAY!!!! so much fun to be had...
Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #12
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
So at the end of this month I'm off to Glastonbury Festival, then in July I got tickets to a smaller festival called Truck. I could do with going to a few more gigs and if i can find room for a 3rd festival I will. Line ups bellow.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/

http://truckfestival.com/line-up/

So what plans do all you wonerfull peoples around the globe have and/or where and who should I go to see...
DAMN.....Glastonbury almost puts our biggest festy to shame...BONNAROOOOOOOO

thats a fuck of a lot of bands, stages etc....how many 100,000 show up for this event...must be crazy PRICEY???!!! but amazing
Old 06-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #13
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
what happened to Hubby
Yeah I think I must have missed a staff meeting or something

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #14
biglynch

Quote:
DAMN.....Glastonbury almost puts our biggest festy to shame...BONNAROOOOOOOO

thats a fuck of a lot of bands, stages etc....how many 100,000 show up for this event...must be crazy PRICEY???!!! but amazing
Another sweet as fook line-up.
Glasto is about 160,000 and the tickets cost £205/$320 Its a bargain in my view.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:46 AM   #15
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Iím sorry things didnít work out for you, Melian (in both senses).

Sure you canít find a willing victim to go with you?
Meh, he was a bit of a tool and was annoying the crap out of me. It's too late to find someone else, because I was relying on him for transportation and we were splitting on a variety of costs...too expensive to just go myself, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
My best friend was supposed to come out from Calgary and stay for a week so we could go to this, but he cancelled. I reluctantly opted to cancel my time off and go back to work, meanwhile...another friend of mine from out of town says he's going and now it's too late for me to take time off work again so yeah...SUCKS!

It's such a killer lineup too, so many bands I wanted to see- 7Seconds, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front...whatever Black Flag reunion they have scheduled...

SUCKS!

Edit- SEE??? http://www.pnrockfest.com/en/2013-lineup/
Fuuuuuck. That's awful, Matt. We should have just gone together!!

Quote:
what happened to Hubby

hope you are HAPPIER TODAY....you should GO ANYWAY!!!! so much fun to be had...
Quote:
Originally Posted by djudex View Post
Yeah I think I must have missed a staff meeting or something
Oh, husband is still around. I've just been keeping a few extras, lately. LOL. He doesn't like punk and has another commitment this week, so he can't go (and he would ruin my enjoyment of the festival, anyway).
Old 06-13-2013, 03:52 PM   #16
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
We used to have a good vegan/vegetarian fest and a sweet french market here but the council moved to Bedford 40 miles away. Good luck with both.
Thanks! Last minute panic printing flyers (which in my brain slightly clashes with the whole "sustainability" theme the OPL festival is set up to promote and raise awareness of.... but I guess it's a tradeoff)

Why did they move it??
Old 06-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #17
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm really hoping to go to the Afro Punk Festival 2013 this year. It's August 24th and 25th out in Brooklyn. Something has come up every year to keep me from going but I really want to try this year.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #18
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I'm really hoping to go to the Afro Punk Festival 2013 this year. It's August 24th and 25th out in Brooklyn. Something has come up every year to keep me from going but I really want to try this year.
THAT sounds FUNNNN
Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
...if you want a quality but of funtime retro madness you must see (link) The Correspondents... very very tres Bon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZukiRrYROA
I saw The Correspondents at WOMAD last year! Good fun - I shall try to catch them again
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
Thanks! Last minute panic printing flyers (which in my brain slightly clashes with the whole "sustainability" theme the OPL festival is set up to promote and raise awareness of.... but I guess it's a tradeoff)

Why did they move it??
Not cost effective to hold it in Luton. A weak as shit answer, but luton has come to expect it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingembre View Post
I saw The Correspondents at WOMAD last year! Good fun - I shall try to catch them again
A very wise idea.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #21
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default People so-busy, makes-me feel-dizzy; Taxi-lights shine so-bright...

When I hear the word "Glastonbury," I imagine it's either a prefix or suffix for some kind of dessert. When I hear "SoHo," I think of the NYC's SoHo (as opposed to yours of the same name.). Which, immediately brings to mind....

Speaking of festivals-though, this looks kind of intriguing. Sold-out already. But I bet there will be a lot of Aussies there.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:26 AM   #22
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

I just bought a ticket for PEACH MUSIC FESTIVAL which I totally can't afford...but went out with a good buddy Friday nite..and he talked me into camping & GOOD TIMES!!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 05:58 AM   #23
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
I just bought a ticket for PEACH MUSIC FESTIVAL which I totally can't afford...but went out with a good buddy Friday nite..and he talked me into camping & GOOD TIMES!!!!
Sometimes.....you just can't afford not to, in non-monetary ways Have a great time!
Old 06-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #24
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Amusingly accurate, for some of them.

Really though, I've always wanted to go to some sort of big festival. Also, Burning Man seems like it'd be quite the trip. And metal cruises are apparently a thing. That'd probably make my life.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #25
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post

Amusingly accurate, for some of them.

Really though, I've always wanted to go to some sort of big festival. Also, Burning Man seems like it'd be quite the trip. And metal cruises are apparently a thing. That'd probably make my life.
Quality I think I'm going to print a copy of this. METAL... CRUISES... Thats like garlic cheesecake. Both great but together? I need to investigate.