Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

View Poll Results: Which version of potato salad do you make most often?
American (mayo/egg based) 16 50.00%
French (red wine vinegar/olive oil based) 2 6.25%
German (bacon/paprika/mustard based) 4 12.50%
Greek (yogurt/cucumber/dill/mint based) 2 6.25%
Other 8 25.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2013, 07:14 AM   #26
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I grew up in a house that had MW only, however I use Mayo much more now.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #27
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like Hellman's. That's what Nana uses in her potato salad, but MW is my #1. I love the tangy zip it adds. Recently my dad's been buying light store brand mayo cause its cheaper. I was like, I will give you the $3 dollars for some damn MW.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM   #28
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Miracle Whip is a brand of mayonnaise, so any sort of mayo ought to substitute beautifully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
It's not mayo, it's better than mayo. It's a spread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
There really isn't one. Miracle Whip is it's own beast. Salad cream is close in flavor, but the consistency is different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
To me, Miracle Whip has its place and so does regular mayo. I have friends who would never buy Miracle Whip, for some sort of snobbery reasons, who love when I make my taco dip with it instead of regular mayo. Just adds a certain tang that you don't get with mayo.

I'd advise googling homemade MW recipes... but then I did it myself and was rather disgusted by the photo that came with the first recipe.
Thanks everyone for the explanations/opinions. I googled around for sellers here, but I don't fancy paying the equivalent of $16 US for two jars when i might not like it. I bought a Polish brand of Mayonnaise (hilariously called Majonez) and it was so sweet I couldn't bear it and threw it out. I do love UK salad cream, which we used long before mayonnaise was "in" here. It's got a real tang to it too. Sometimes I've mixed mayo and salad cream, but it tends to lose the mayo fluffiness, or else its all lumpy.

Oh well, I guess I'll live without miracle whip, but def going to try spirit's potato salad with mayonnaise!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote