Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

BigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 club
Default My biggest fear is...

So I looked for a thread with this topic & failing to find one, I'll throw out the first pitch...

My BIGGEST fear is -

Dying alone. Not the dying part, but the no one noticing for several days (or longer).

I also fear like the antibiotic resistant (is it viruses or bacteria??) germs. I always joked about someone catching something Ajax won't scrub off, but damn! The illnesses are getting tougher to deal with.

So what scares you the most?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oooh, interesting topic!

Spiders.
Electric showers.
People yelling at me.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

BigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 clubBigWheels is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Oooh, interesting topic!

Spiders.
Electric showers.
People yelling at me.
OK, what the hell is an electric shower?
Old 06-22-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
OK, what the hell is an electric shower?
Hahaha, sounds a lot cooler than it is! Just a regular bathroom shower but one of the ones that is heated by electricity rather than drawing from the hot and cold taps!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
BigWheels
It's OK, I bite back

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Hahaha, sounds a lot cooler than it is! Just a regular bathroom shower but one of the ones that is heated by electricity rather than drawing from the hot and cold taps!
OK, that does sound dangerous... so the electric is on the showerhead somewhere??? Or do you mean like an electric water heater (I think we call them the same things)?

Yeah I guess electricity is a good healthy fear. Keeps your hair from becoming frizzzy!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #6
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Moths. Most flying insects, really. And milli/centipedes.

Neurodegenerative diseases. I'd readily kill myself before Alzheimer's.

That my standards are far too high/I'm too particular for my own good.

My growing homicidal urges.

That the government will start monitoring me for my jokes about homicidal urges.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #7
Macanudo

Macanudo can now change their title

My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?

And i also fear trade my principles for advantages.
Macanudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
loopytheone
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWheels View Post
OK, that does sound dangerous... so the electric is on the showerhead somewhere??? Or do you mean like an electric water heater (I think we call them the same things)?

Yeah I guess electricity is a good healthy fear. Keeps your hair from becoming frizzzy!!!!!!!!!
The electricity is in the shower... um... box, thingy. There is a plastic box with dials on the inside of the shower cubical and the only thing separating the electric circuits from the water is a bit of plastic inside the box.... urg. *shivers*
Old 06-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

alligators
Old 06-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Moths.
I can see the big furry ones that go 'thud' against your window, but even little millers?

Quote:
Most flying insects, really. And milli/centipedes.
What about fireflies?

Also, ditto on centipedes. Millipedes not as much. For me, it's earwigs. They get into everything.

Quote:
That my standards are far too high/I'm too particular for my own good.
The thing about standards; sometimes something will catch you off guard and you'll totally not even worry or care it doesn't fit all your preconceived criteria.

Quote:
My growing homicidal urges.

That the government will start monitoring me for my jokes about homicidal urges.
You probably don't want to start reading conspiracy theories (or even publicly admitted facts for that matter) about the ECHELON program, then.

The good news is as long as those urges are against lone private citizens who aren't in the government, they really don't care.

My fears:

-That ultimately my personality flaws have left me unlovable; that when my parents pass away I will be alone.

-That I will never have a stable job (that I can tolerate) to support myself.

-The Fermi paradox scares the bejeebers out of me.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:12 AM   #11
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

S N A K E S
Old 06-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #12
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
S N A K E S
Joining the club - total snake phobia - can't even look at them on TV/movies!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #13
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

That if one person in a million feels a need to rule the world, there are 7,000 people who will stop at nothing to take control of it.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #14
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Spiders can fuck right off. Im a big wuss.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #15
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property, ethnic groups murder each other, and art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #16
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Miller View Post
My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property, ethnic groups murder each other, and art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.
I call shenanigans...
Old 06-24-2013, 01:19 AM   #17
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

You don't have to agree with it, of course. I don't agree with your destruction of spiders. But it is honestly my biggest fear.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:28 AM   #18
biglynch

Ok when I see a spider, I run and all sensible reaction goes out of the window. I have a real genuine fear of the little buggers. Now are you telling me that you’re actually living in fear of the original statement you made.

“My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property”

Really?

“ethnic groups murder each other”

Then don’t turn on the news.

“art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.”

… and puppies are put into blenders, kittens are publicly burned. Why wont someone please think of the children.

REALLY!

Maybe I’m being a dick but here’s why. Big wheels posted something that I think was genuine, and you have gone for an easy preachy thread hijack looking for some kudos. You’re not the only person who has done this ever though, An honourable mention goes to Macanudo for his effort.

“My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?”

Well that is a convenient fear.

Thus I call SHENANIGANS.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:52 AM   #19
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm with Amaranthine about neuro-degenerative diseases....one of my grandfather's died of alzheimers, and I got to see how it robbed him of himself over the years--I fear that, and wouldn't want to put those around me through it, but ever since he was diagnosed I've felt a sense of doom that I'll have it too. Maybe part of why being fat doesn't bother me too much, as some point I think I want something else to take me down quickly (he was in great health until his brain was so scrambled it couldn't keep his body running anymore).

I hate feeling at like I can't breathe--do not, ever, put your hand over my mouth! (I generally either can't breathe through my nose, or can't get enough air through it). You know the classic TV bit where the hostages have their mouths duct-taped? I'm pretty sure I'd completely lose it.

Most of my other fears are for family.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #20
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Ok when I see a spider, I run and all sensible reaction goes out of the window. I have a real genuine fear of the little buggers. Now are you telling me that you’re actually living in fear of the original statement you made.

“My biggest fear is that civilization will regress into a conservative religious minefield of tribal societies where women are property”

Really?

“ethnic groups murder each other”

Then don’t turn on the news.

“art, technology, and liberty all vanish from the living memory of all but a few rich people. We live today in the best times humanity has ever seen, yet we don't act like it, and I fear that most people don't even realize how good we have it. It seems like it's a race, sometimes, between education and humanism on one side and faith and conflict on the other.”

… and puppies are put into blenders, kittens are publicly burned. Why wont someone please think of the children.

REALLY!

Maybe I’m being a dick but here’s why. Big wheels posted something that I think was genuine, and you have gone for an easy preachy thread hijack looking for some kudos. You’re not the only person who has done this ever though, An honourable mention goes to Macanudo for his effort.

“My biggest fear is not being able to tell what i think and being judge for that, how do you feel when someone judge you for like BBW?”

Well that is a convenient fear.

Thus I call SHENANIGANS.
My hero!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #21
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Growing up I used to have an intense phobia for

PEOPLE

and social situations of any kind. People just struck me as so unpredictable and.... dangerous? For some reason (oh, I could speculate on a few) I just had this expectation that, one day when least expected, someone was going to erupt and go completely apeshit on me and I'd be totally ill-equipped to handle it. I'm over the vast majority of that ridiculousness now. And I could handle you just fine if you went apeshit on me today.

My fears now are more:

Most insects too (though excluding flies, ants and milli/centipedes).
Heights.
Feeling utterly alone in a relationship. I'd truly rather be literally alone.
Any kind of torture.
Old 06-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Infertility, for some reason.

Also, I used to be petrified of flying bugs, but that's kinda eased off. I'm thinking of starting a bug farm sometime soon. For food.

I fear that a time will come when women won't be clever enough to realise when a man is saying something he doesn't believe just to get in their pants (read: vagina)
Old 06-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!

cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in

I have a dual fear of the tide of collective idiocy overwhelming civilisation entirely, and of fanaticism. A fanatical mind (religious, political, whatever the fuck) is entirely closed and nigh impossible to open.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #24
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate posting this cause it's such a pussy thing to be afraid of.

I have a terrible fear of roaches. A roach is scarier to me than having a fucking pistol in my face. I have had a pistol in my face and I understand this comparison.

I. HATE. ROACHES. I made my girlfriend kill a roach the other day and it was very embarrassing. Spiders? Snakes? Anything else under the sun? I will deal with it no problem. But roaches? NOPE. I am terrified of a harmless insect.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #25
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I hate posting this cause it's such a pussy thing to be afraid of.

I have a terrible fear of roaches. A roach is scarier to me than having a fucking pistol in my face. I have had a pistol in my face and I understand this comparison.

I. HATE. ROACHES. I made my girlfriend kill a roach the other day and it was very embarrassing. Spiders? Snakes? Anything else under the sun? I will deal with it no problem. But roaches? NOPE. I am terrified of a harmless insect.
Roaches are very ugly. They give me the creeps. I'm afraid of getting old, getting sick, and dying... and also terrorist attacks because NY always has a target sign on it. UGH!.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote