Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #26
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ships out of water, sunken ships and the idea of living with someone who will abuse me and not being able to leave
Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM   #27
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Midgets with butcher-knives.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Midgets with butcher-knives.
^^^ Poops pants while playing Silent Hill.

As for me...I'm terrified of millipedes. Well, terrified and disgusted.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #29
shandyman

shandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going on

My biggest fear is a strange one and quite hard to fully pin down. My biggest fear is to be proven wrong by something that is very obvious. As a result I become obsessive with my work. The fear of someone finding a significant and obvious flaw with my research can drive me to utter distraction.

I quite possibly am mad...
shandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #30
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandyman View Post
My biggest fear is a strange one and quite hard to fully pin down. My biggest fear is to be proven wrong by something that is very obvious. As a result I become obsessive with my work. The fear of someone finding a significant and obvious flaw with my research can drive me to utter distraction.

I quite possibly am mad...
Totally understand this fear, especially at the times when peer reviewers' comments arrive....
Old 06-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #31
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

My biggest fear...

. . .

To be forgotten so completely that it's as though I never existed. Nobody to talk to, nobody to listen to, and never a trace of my path through life.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #32
shandyman

shandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going onshandyman knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melian View Post
Totally understand this fear, especially at the times when peer reviewers' comments arrive....
Weirdly for me reviewers comments do not scare me that much. It is when my supervisor (as was) and now co-authors who worry me more. I hate the thought my might think I am stupid
shandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Years ago someone told me something along the lines of "when working with engineers, the rule of thumb I use is that their primary motivation is to not be wrong." Sounds like much the same may extend into the sciences, too?
Old 06-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #34
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

My biggest fear is definitely spiders. Followed by heights.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #35
sophie lou

sophie lou can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessophie lou can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Right now my biggest fear is being left alone. There are two very special guys in my life who have stood by me through everything and the thought of being without either one of them terrifies me.

I'm scared of waking up one morning and discovering i have done nothing with my life and missed every opportunity that was there for me.
sophie lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #36
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Never being able to make new friends. I was in an audio chat room last night and everything I said was greeted with awkward silence. And today at work, the same thing kinda happened. I'm afraid I might be getting extremely obnoxious. Maybe it's just the wrong people. Still has me worried.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #37
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
I hate posting this cause it's such a pussy thing to be afraid of.

I have a terrible fear of roaches. A roach is scarier to me than having a fucking pistol in my face. I have had a pistol in my face and I understand this comparison.

I. HATE. ROACHES. I made my girlfriend kill a roach the other day and it was very embarrassing. Spiders? Snakes? Anything else under the sun? I will deal with it no problem. But roaches? NOPE. I am terrified of a harmless insect.
I share this fear. I actually wasn't aware that roaches came in a small variety. The ones that I saw growing up were always large and occasionally flew if they were DTF with other roaches, big suckers;sewer roaches.

I remember sitting on a friends couch and they said "dude, there's a roach next to you." I remember so vividly, I jumped up yelling, turned around and shot a dart from a blow gun and it actually hit the roach. It was the single coolest thing I've ever done and it was complete luck. I can still hear that roach trying to fly away as it was pinned to the floor.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:03 AM   #38
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Don't laugh!

Just the phrase "Islamic Sharia Law" spoken in that newsy cadence of Sean Hannity against a backdrop of Qwalli-music.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 AM   #39
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Hmm, I'd have to second the "dying alone" thing--but, like BigWheels, not so much the dying part. I've always had some pretty bad social anxiety/self image issues and it's had quite an effect on the relationship side of things (kind of makes it feel like you're constantly climbing up steep hills, when trying to be socially proactive). I've gotten a lot better about it over the years, but it still creeps back up on me once in awhile. I guess I fear not being able to overcome it quick enough to make the best out of life.

On the "less serious" side of things, I'm not a big fan of creepy crawlies of the arachnid variety. I'll never forget this terrifying experience I had, while sleeping on a bunk bed at my friend's house, many years ago. I was on the bottom (I don't trust top bunks...) and there was a huge hole in the mattress of the top bunk, directly over my head. I'm still not sure if what happened was a result of a very vivid, realistic lucid dream, or if I actually saw it, but I remember laying there seemingly half asleep where I could see, but couldn't actually move (I haaaaattteeee that feeling...) As I looked up at the hole in the mattress above me, I spotted a rather large spider (probably the size of a thick quarter or something) descending downwards, right towards my face! At this point, I'm struggling to break free from that sleep paralysis but regardless of what I tried, I just couldn't move an inch. Then, much to my great relief, it started retracting itself back into the hole and vanished from sight.

When I finally managed to wake myself up entirely, I was so freaked out by it, that I practically ripped that mattress apart trying to find it. Well... maybe that's an exaggeration, but let's just say I performed a very thorough "cavity" search. I never found it again, but it bothered me enough to barricade the opening before I would ever even consider sleeping there again after that, heh.

Incidentally, I don't care much for bunk beds either for some reason...

Last edited by MrSensible; 07-10-2013 at 02:41 AM.
MrSensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #40
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Heights, paralysis and aliens.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #41
SD007

SD007 does more than just post hot picsSD007 does more than just post hot picsSD007 does more than just post hot pics

Listening to The Conet Project alone in my room late at night because I have no life.
SD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #42
Chubpim

Chubpim has said some nice things

Mold! Especially the fluffy kind.

Just thinking about it turns my stomach and gives me goosebumps.
Chubpim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #43
biggblk74

biggblk74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggblk74 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default snakes

SNAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggblk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #44
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I fear something bad happening to my children

I also fear my oldest daughter might wind up marrying and having children with her summer boyfriend

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM   #45
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Another vote for dying alone.

Also fire. The sight of fire doesn't necessarily scare me, but the thought of being burned is TERRIFYING. I can sit around a bonfire and enjoy the warmth, but don't ask me to get too close, let alone tend it. That will NOT happen!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Insignificance