Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 07-02-2013, 05:24 PM   #26
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is the fat sexuality board. We talk about fat sex. He saw a chick that was sexy so he talked about it on the fat sexuality board. Big fucking deal!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:51 PM   #27
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm confused by the purpose of the original post. The OP sees a woman he thinks is gorgeous and wants to announce that there are good looking women where he is. Okay. Assuming that her boyfriend is a loser because he didn't like how he looks makes me raise an eyebrow, and then saying he wished could take a photo even though he knows it's a creeper thing to do and that his fiance wouldn't approve makes me raise it more.

I'm not sure why it's necessary to post this way. If the post had been more about her confidence and how great it was to see her rocking it, that'd be very different. But this post was more about his visual appeal and his desire to be a creeper about it.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #28
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep

Wasn't there a thread long ago where people posted about attractive people that they saw out in public? What is wrong with that? It's a nice thought that someone could have found you (in the general sense) attractive and posted about it. No harm, no foul!!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM   #29
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Oh my word! With the exception of the OP saying the person this woman was with was a loser (sorry OP that part is not cool), all he did was admire the lady for being "beautiful".

He didn't say he ran to his car to jack off! He said he wished he could take a pic but didn't.

Some people who are so quick to say.. quit objectifying women and don't say such lewd things, are the very ones who OBJECTIFY women and say LEWD things ALL THE TIME! Funny how it is OK for them but not for others...

At least he is upfront about what he thinks, instead of ACTING like such a shining beacon of gentlemanliness when we all know that's exactly what they are NOT!

There is a saying, "let he who is innocent cast the first stone"... and "for every finger you point, there are three pointing back at you".

The hypocrisy and self righteous attitude that invades this forum are absolutely ridiculous!
So true. This is the fat sexuality forum, isn't it... But sometimes I think people want to hear about how we admire that hottie in the bikini for her analysis of quantum physics. Even if that's true, that's not why we like the bikini shot...
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:29 PM   #30
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

There are many places and contexts where remarking on a stranger's physical attractiveness are inappropriate. The "Fat Sexuality" board shouldn't be one of them. If the original poster had done something to warrant censure, like furtively photographing her, to say nothing of a more explicit act of harassment, then we'd be right to rebuke him.

But, let's face it people: Physical attraction is in our genes. We can't stop from being attracted to people, any more than we can stop what emotions we experience. Someone upthread was actually naive enough to say, basically "How dare you be attracted to a person you don't know!" That's absolutely ludicrous.

What we can control is our behavior. Feeling attraction is healthy and natural. It's how we act on our attraction--and on our other impulses in life, outside the realm of sex--that determines our strength of character integrity.

That a board called "Fat Sexuality" would be considered an inappropriate place for the original poster to make their comment is a testament to how badly this site has come to be dominated by exactly the wrong kind of people. Some people are so incredibly silly, and it makes my work harder as a sexual equality activist when people come in and blur the line between actual sexual harassment and benign things like physical attraction.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #31
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

HOW you express your attraction is important. Putting her partner down - based entirely on how he looked - and admitting to wanting to engage in creepy behaviour even though he has a fiance, is not at all complimentary. It is NOT the right way to discuss women or people you find attractive. You can say how gorgeous and stunning she was, and how happy you were to see her AND how confident and comfortable she seemed with herself and her partner without being at all derogatory to anyone.

There are comments that I will accept and welcome from friends and people I know well, and know their intent, that I won't accept from strangers. It's a matter of knowing your audience and respecting them.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:39 AM   #32
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I look at guys' crotch in jeans or tight shorts and take mental pics of their sweet schlong outline. Same difference. Who cares what the OP meant. Make love. Not war.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #33
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I look at guys' crotch in jeans or tight shorts and take mental pics of their sweet schlong outline. Same difference. Who cares what the OP meant. Make love. Not war.
Yes, make love by calling somebody's partner who you have never even spoken to a loser.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #34
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Yes, make love by calling somebody's partner who you have never even spoken to a loser.
Maybe he was a loser.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #35
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
Maybe he was a loser.
Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. How much can you tell about a person's relationship or personality based on how they look? Why is it okay or even necessary to judge him?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #36
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^again, could be a cultural-thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
How much can you tell about a person's relationship or personality based on how they look?
In America, we have a very popular crime drama (not quite as big as NCIS, but still...) that's premised on this very question. The main character is sort of a genius at sizing people up almost instantaneously, based on seemingly innocuous clues. It's on CBS, so everyone's parents watch it.

Quote:
Why is it okay or even necessary to judge him?
The character "Patrick Jane" as portrayed by Simon Baker is this very douchey kind of guy (because, honestly, who would have a name like that?!) that somehow hangs around this state police agency helping them to solve serious crimes. Mainly just by making all of these snide, know-it-all type of comments about what type of fork to use-when & how tea should be brewed & and where on your body the waist of pair of slacks should rest, ect... Up to a point where you just want to punch the guy in the face. Of course, it's that's much more aggravating because he's often proven right on these things that no-one, really, should be too preoccupied-with. To your question, though; his wife (& kid, I think?) were murdered by this serial killer, John Red Cornhole, mainly because of how he (Jane) kind of started-in on that guy with his verbal water-torture nonsense.... So now Patrick Jane is on this quest to, like, point everything-out?
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #37
penguin
Fnord

I'm familiar with Patrick Jane, and while I enjoy The Mentalist, it's not really relevant to this conversation.

WHY is okay to say that her partner was a loser, based on his looks? WHY does it matter if he was or wasn't? It doesn't mean that engaging in creepy behaviour is okay if her partner is a deadbeat.

No one here is qualified to say ANYTHING about him. What talking about him does is deflect from the issue of unacceptable behaviour. Putting someone else down to prop someone else up is NOT acceptable. If the OP had first hand knowledge that the man's behaviour was in the "loser" category, then it would be a different discussion. But he didn't.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #38
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh come on, some of you need to chill out with the attacks. I know it's cool to attack relatively new posters and those not part of the popular club on here, but wow, at the unnecessary levels of snark. Some people just live on attacking others.

As humans, we are sexual creatures, we've all seen people we find massively attractive. I know I look at a fine looking guy and think quietly to myself, "Wow, I wish I could take a picture of him and just stare at him all day." It's not demeaning, it's part of biological sexuality.

The OP didn't say he WILL take a picture and he acknowledged that it would have been creepy to do so. He only thought about it and since when was it illegal to have naughty or admirative thoughts about people? This guy was just expressing how he felt and he is not wrong to do so. I mean, damn, this is the fat sexuality board! I've seen spicier threads.

Last edited by KittyKitten; 07-08-2013 at 04:24 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #39
penguin
Fnord

Yes, it's okay to look at someone and think they're fine and that you'd want to do them. Yes, it's okay to fantasise about other people. It's not okay to engage in creepy and shaming behaviour and expect to get away with it.

Like I said previously, it's HOW it was done.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #40
blubrluvr
Practical Conservative

blubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesblubrluvr can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default They're *ALL* losers

Any attractive woman is always accompanied by a "loser". That's the male ego at work. Simple jealousy. Leave the poor guy alone. Get over it ladies!!
blubrluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #41
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubrluvr View Post
Any attractive woman is always accompanied by a "loser". That's the male ego at work. Simple jealousy. Leave the poor guy alone. Get over it ladies!!
No. I won't. Women live under the male gaze at all times because many men struggle to see us as something other than things to have sex with. Calling them out for denying us the ability to walk in public with our SOs without them publicly shaming us is part of fighting that patriarchal type of thinking.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:01 PM   #42
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
No.

Saying that it's jealousy at work does NOT make it okay. Reverse the situation - is it okay if someone called the fat woman a loser while going on about how attractive the man was?

Why is it okay to put others down, especially when it seems to be based solely on appearance? Why is it okay to enable creepy behaviour?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
No. I won't. Women live under the male gaze at all times because many men struggle to see us as something other than things to have sex with. Calling them out for denying us the ability to walk in public with our SOs without them publicly shaming us is part of fighting that patriarchal type of thinking.
YES.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #43
riplee

riplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized repriplee has super-sized rep

Quote:
Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. How much can you tell about a person's relationship or personality based on how they look? Why is it okay or even necessary to judge him?
Exactly, Penguin.

This is germane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPAat-T1uhE

Dustin Hoffman talks about beauty and his role in "Tootsie."
Old 07-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #44
Jack Secret
tickle my amygdala

Jack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJack Secret is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Why does this post Have 42 comments? Holy cow!
Old 07-10-2013, 03:34 AM   #45
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
This was on okay post until you decided to be a bad poster and make a bad post.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #46
Navydude

Navydude can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNavydude can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNavydude can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
It's on the fat sexuality board. Why would anyone assume it wasn't a sexual objectification?
Because we read the words he typed, and didn't try to over analyze it.
Navydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #47
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Oh my word! With the exception of the OP saying the person this woman was with was a loser (sorry OP that part is not cool), all he did was admire the lady for being "beautiful".

He didn't say he ran to his car to jack off! He said he wished he could take a pic but didn't.

Some people who are so quick to say.. quit objectifying women and don't say such lewd things, are the very ones who OBJECTIFY women and say LEWD things ALL THE TIME! Funny how it is OK for them but not for others...

At least he is upfront about what he thinks, instead of ACTING like such a shining beacon of gentlemanliness when we all know that's exactly what they are NOT!

There is a saying, "let he who is innocent cast the first stone"... and "for every finger you point, there are three pointing back at you".

The hypocrisy and self righteous attitude that invades this forum are absolutely ridiculous!
AMEN! As always, you hit the nail on the head.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #48
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

OK, this is the time where I just tell everyone to chill, take off their clothes, look at each other and start thinking lewd thoughts. After all, isn't that what the fat sexuality board is all about? Well, at least for me...
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #49
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Sorry for butting into this conversation but he judged her physical appearance to be sexually/aesthetically pleasing without knowing her. Isn't that the definition of objectifying a person? I can't say that I have never done it or that it is necessarily a bad thing but I don't see how you can deny that is what he was doing.
To be fair sexual//aesthetic appearance is an independent viable. Also, I agree, both sexes practice this type of objectification. Its usually the first step in courtship -- we pursue potential partners we find physically attractive. I really don't understand why anyone would deny this.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #50
LordQuas
˘reflow Dollar$

LordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 clubLordQuas is a member of the 500 club

Its kind of sad how easy it is to tell which people have healthy levels of self-esteem and which ones dont. If any of you are trying to say you've never seen someone very attractive and in your mind put down the person they were with then you're either lying or have some issues you need to work out with a health care professional. If this is gonna be the attitude on the FAT SEXUALITY board then why even have a fat sexuality board?