Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 09-26-2013, 01:22 AM   #26
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
If you are told enough times "No, you can't have ice cream...you don't want to get fat, do you?" (with an understood "and the answer is that no, you don't") or "You have to eat all your vegetables first--those are grow tall food! After that if you are hungry you can have a have ONE cookie--that is grow fat food." (with disapproving tones on 'grow fat food') or the like....yes, you could be 'scared of being fat.'

Ahh ok I see what you mean. I would think the rebellion against that would be something that resembled gainerism (Is that even a term?!) or feedeeism (That one looks just plain wrong!). There is a psychoanalyst called Bret Kaher who claims to be able to uncover which trauma you have gone through just by knowing your primary masturbation fantasy. (Which is probably an indication of your 'fetish').
In saying that I pretty much don't know any women who haven't heard some negative thing about fat bodies as they were growing up. Most of my friends had some sort of disordered eating pattern for a while even if it never got severe or went on too long. You would think this would mean that all women would have a desire to gain weight nor to be fat which obviously isn't the case.
love handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:56 AM   #27
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
Yes there has been minimal serious scientific study of the fat admiration concept by behavioral scientists. A few limited studies have been carried out in recent years. Here is a link to an article in Psychology Today that discusses the issue and specifically a 2009 study by Swami and Furnham. http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ding-addiction
It would be interesting to read the whole study. I also wish there were studies that were less heterocentric and at least a few that were quantitative too and used a lot more people.
Bad science really frustrates me! (Though I agree that the study you mention seems semi ok)
I read a study recently on feederism and it was mostly speculation. As a part of this study they looked at one 'feedee woman' that they had never met only emailed on fantasy feeder! haha.. They should probably read the study 'Why men pretend to be women online'! . Of course this made me frustrated too because they 'concluded' (out of thin air) that being a feedee was another form of submission. *The study said the only fetish that women can truly have from a psychiatric viewpoint is that of 'submissive'. I find this incredulous but I think it's more to do with the fact that nothing else has been written up in an actual study serious enough to be included in the DSM manuals or it could be a bit of misogyny at play which is pretty common if the field of psychiatry*

I'm not sure we will ever really know why we are FA's. I suspect it could be a combination of hard wiring and the other psychological things discussed in this thread.

Personally I'm not too bothered where my sexuality comes from instead I am just glad I have one. I don't think it is a fetish to prefer fat people. On the contrary I believe we are hard wired to find fatter partners more attractive than thin but in the west societal influences have instructed us as to which mates to seek out. (Popularity/acceptance is something humans strive for with just as great a need for the desire to eat and have sex-as social animals being shunned would have been deadly for us 'back in the day').

I do think fat fetishism exists though separately from preference with a focus on fat and what fat represents to the fetishist. I have seen confusion on these boards as I have read through threads that keep popping up as people try to dichotomise fetish V's attraction. This assumes that people with a fetish can't also love and care about a person and that their fetish is the only way in which they can communicate with a lover or partner. The only people who only care about their own needs in that way would be psychopaths so not really a part of the equation.
love handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #28
Brit_FA

Brit_FA can now change their title
Smile

Excellent Lovehandles thank you.
The concept of fetishism is fascinating but it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth. Since the person who thinks herself/himself to be a fetishist is always fearful that she/he might be enjoying this too much, as if enjoyment beyond a certain point transgressed the line from pleasure to sin. While a person who has the attractive attribute, such as being fat, may feel that they are not being loved by a person, but by this dehumanised fetishist. Trying not to show how turned on you are is very difficult and, in fact, good sex can make it easier to express love in all kinds of ways which have nothing to do with the size of someone's belly or the height of their heels.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #29
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

This is a fascinating thread.

I don't think we will understand what makes FA's any time soon.

I too secretly looked at the before and after pictures switching them in my mind.
I too was attracted to fat people long before puberty 5yr old.

?

It would be nice if our media would not treat FA's as sideshows. But I don't think the Borg can deal with the fact that we don't want to be assimalated
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #30
bbwsrule

bbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbbwsrule can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaboy View Post
thread needs more pictures of butts

also, perhaps you shoukd ask yourself whatthe nature of desire is.

youve taken the first step by asking the base question, "dude, penis: why fatties?"

now follow that razors edge far enough and you'll come to the inverse question:

dude, penis; why not skinnies?

answer that last one and you're well on your way to meet the wizard that is your own penis.
Obviously haven't looked at this thread recently, but I'll join the chorus of appreciation. LOL!

I will say I'm puzzled by lower sexual arousal for thinner women. It has nothing to do with feeling them inferior in any way, many of them are stunningly beautiful. Just asked the "rocket" but haven't heard back yet...
Old 12-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #31
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

For people to even THINK liking fat people is a fetish is wrong. I knew since I was a kid of 6 or so I wanted to be fat, and I like fat people as well. People are just wired a certain way and that's it. There is nothing scientific about it! The fetish lies in me WANTING to gain and etc, which of course when I was 6 I didn't know it was a fetish. Just welcome to being human, that is all I can say.
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #32
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

My earliest fat-positive recollection was curling up next to my dad's big belly on the couch and sharing a bowl of ice cream. It was a frequent ritual. I have no doubts that this is probably the origin of my interests personally.

As far as my interests in fattening myself? Is it going too far back to mention the fact that my folks purchased extra formula for me as a baby simply because I always wanted to eat more, and that was allowed and encouraged?

I believe all preferences and fetishes have a root in childhood, often either in a positive experience, or in a negative one (rebellion). Self reflection is always an interesting road.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've mentioned this around Dimensions earlier, but when I was a kid I had this LP of nursery rhymes that I played all the time (at least that is what my older siblings claim.....I didn't think it was quite that often...only a few times a day!) One of the ones on there was "Jack Spratt would eat no fat / His wife would eat no lean / and so betwixt the two / they licked platter clean." I remember being fascinated by this concept that the two of them finished off an entire PLATTER of food, and on the album jacket there were illustrations of the nursery rhymes, including a very skinny Jack with his very fat wife. I remember thinking that I would want want to be that thin, but I didn't much like fat on my meat, so that if I could find a girl who would eat all the fat--and who would be fat like the picture--that I could probably deal with being thin if that was the price.

In other words, I was already thinking about fat, in generally positive ways, in some of my earliest memories. There was not particularly fat people around me when I was growing up, that I can recall.....but there it was, a nascent FA (and encourager of over-indulging in food) in nursery school.

We moved when I was eight years old, and I met a few really fat adults after that, which really blew my little mind. I remember being just fascinated by them, having to work not to stare, trying to find excuses to talk with them, etc. So by then I was clearly a full blown FA, even though it wasn't at all sexual with me at that point.

So in at least some cases, I think it could almost be looked as an orientation, rather than as a specifically sexual thing.

(yes, even at about four years old I over-thought things....)