Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default So, who wants to help me out?

Right it time for a test, and I need a helper. After reading a number of different threads here and having a bit of a think about things, I have decided I’m not my best advertiser. I then also thought I’m probably a bit to cautious for my own good. So naturally I want to change these two aspects of me without the hassle of changing… ME.

So I’m passing the buck. I do like the idea of online dating but I isolate people in ways I wouldn’t if I was with them in person. What I’m offering is complete control of my Okcupid page for a month. New write up, different pictures, control of who I contact (and if you are good promoter) who I date. You can do the whole lot. The only thing I want to make sure of is that the profile is honest about the test.

Soooooo… who wants to give this a try?

Everyone welcome.
Aiden
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #2
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Oh, if you want to do the test PM me, but also feel free to chat about the idea in the forum thread.
Old 07-11-2013, 04:29 AM   #3
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just curious is OKCupid a really good place to meet ANYONE?
what are you looking for?
you certainly are NOT SHY...so what's the issue....?
Old 07-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #4
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Yeah, I would vouch for OkCupid...

It's, solidly, the very best for folks 18-40ish. The matching algorithm & personality questions are sort of interesting. It attracts a very wide range of users. It's not as big as Plenty of Fish-I don't think, as far as registered users; but I suspect it has more dedicated traffic. Like eHarmony, it tries to take personality and psychology-a lot into account. But, quite unlike eHarmony, it's not run by Christian fundamentalists. And, also unlike Match.com, it's not dominated by people who want to get married, like, tomorrow. It's not just for traditional-matching either, it fosters just-friendships as well.

I think...if you have any kind of strong personality...distinctive-quality, etc..online dating has the potential to dramatically widen your pool of options.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #5
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakatori View Post
But, quite unlike eHarmony, it's not run by Christian fundamentalists.
Wait...is that accurate?

Could that be why they rejected my profile outright?
I was in a funk all afternoon that day because they said I was un-matchable.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #6
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Well, ok, maybe a better way to put it:

eHarmony is useful if you're particularly marriage-minded & fit neatly within a target demographic for which marriage-seeking is at a certain premium. Match.com as well to a certain extent.

OkCupid is like the best-yet version of everything outside of that, with twist of Meet-Up thrown in for good measure.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #7
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Wait...is that accurate?

Maybe you should try ChristianMingle instead. I don't see how you wouldn't love it there!

As for OkC, I agree with Yakatori. I've used it just to meet friends and have been pretty successful. In my opinion, it beats out trying to meet people in person because you can weed out the idiots immediately/have a conversation/find friends who are actually worthwhile. It takes a lot of hassle out of socializing...
Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Wait...is that accurate?

Ha, I got that too, back when I applied to it for fun. I didn't know whether to feel good about not being conventional enough for the majority of people that apparently use the site (assuming they really try to match you), or shitty for feeling more isolated afterwards than when I started. I think they attract a more garden variety type of people-if their vomit worthy commercials are any indication-and if that's the case, I'm quite thrilled with being "unmatchable" .

OT - Good luck with your test biglynch. Keep us posted on how it works out.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #9
kh818

kh818 can now change their title
Default Pof

I met my boyfriend on pof.com and thought very highly of the site. They are super good about checking for spam and you can set your preferences to what it is you are looking for with a lot of detail. My friend and her husband got married in May and had met on that site a few years ago.
Plenty of Fish is the way to go!
kh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #10
biglynch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDANGEL15 View Post
Just curious is OKCupid a really good place to meet ANYONE?
what are you looking for?
you certainly are NOT SHY...so what's the issue....?
If I’m honest I have no idea. I can be a bit lazy in messages. I'm more of a meet me in person guy too. I work long shifts so I’m liable to forget to respond also. So I think this system could be a fun idea and a bit of a risk on my part. I do love risk.