Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 07-19-2013, 06:57 PM   #1
SirBHM

SirBHM has said some nice things
Unhappy Stay or lose?

I'm actually not sure if this is something that can just be answered, but there's no one around me that would understand this.

I love fat. On me, on others, wherever it's at. At the beginning of the year, I thought I'd put some on. So I did. 30 pounds actually. I was so proud, that is, until my sister had lost 30 in the same amount of time. When she came home, she was telling me all about natural food and other stuff that helps your health and weight. Now, everyone that knows that I'm trying this supports this.

Now I find I have two personalities in front of myself. When I'm out and about, I'll be thinking of what I could do after losing weight. When I'm home, I pat my belly, wondering how much I'll miss it when I might lose it.

To sum it up, my mind is going crazy about this, and I just thought that maybe someone on here could give a tip or thought.
SirBHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Is it really about losing weight, or do you just want to have more energy and be less winded, etc?

Because you can eat healthier, exercise more and feel better and yet not lose a pound.

Weight loss comes down to how many calories you take in versus how many calories you burn in a day. Eating 500 cals of carrots is the same as 500 cals of candy. The difference is, the carrots have vitamins, nutrients and fiber that and those will help you feel better and feel like you've had a satisfying meal, as opposed to 'empty calories' in candy.

If you don't want to lose weight, my advice to you is this: find a healthy, balanced diet you can live with. Nothing weird, no fad diets, just follow the good old Food Pyramid. Don't force yourself eat things you don't like because then you won't stick to it. Find an exercise routine you can do. 30 minutes a day of activity is enough. Monitor your weight. If it starts going down, you will have to tweak your diet to increase your caloric intake with larger portions or with snacks or energy bars.

Done right, you won't drop any pants sizes but you'll probably feel a lot better.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Is it really about losing weight, or do you just want to have more energy and be less winded, etc?

Because you can eat healthier, exercise more and feel better and yet not lose a pound.

Weight loss comes down to how many calories you take in versus how many calories you burn in a day. Eating 500 cals of carrots is the same as 500 cals of candy. The difference is, the carrots have vitamins, nutrients and fiber that and those will help you feel better and feel like you've had a satisfying meal, as opposed to 'empty calories' in candy.

If you don't want to lose weight, my advice to you is this: find a healthy, balanced diet you can live with. Nothing weird, no fad diets, just follow the good old Food Pyramid. Don't force yourself eat things you don't like because then you won't stick to it. Find an exercise routine you can do. 30 minutes a day of activity is enough. Monitor your weight. If it starts going down, you will have to tweak your diet to increase your caloric intake with larger portions or with snacks or energy bars.

Done right, you won't drop any pants sizes but you'll probably feel a lot better.
Awesome advice as always!
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
SirBHM

SirBHM has said some nice things
Smile

You must be a doctor or something. Sounds good though! Also, you live in NS. Same as myself. Wicked.
SirBHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #5
BigCutie Ellie

BigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot picsBigCutie Ellie does more than just post hot pics
Default Do what makes you happy!!

I would also keep your feelings in mind as well. At what weight are you happiest and are you letting others judgement of you effect how you feel? I agree with the we feel how we eat factor too. I always feel better when I throw lots of healthy things into my diet and it also keeps me healthy even at this size. I wish you the best of luck!
BigCutie Ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pretty much what Tank Guy said. I'll just add that in the long run, continual small tweaks to make your lifestyle healthier can make more difference and be easier to sustain that sudden, large, changes. Cutting down on soda, preparing more of your own food (because there is a ton of salt and sugar in so much pre-prepared food), getting up to move around more often, walking farther, eating more vegetables... For the most part being healthy isn't a process of denial, but more about embracing things. There can be some denial, but but I think by far it is more about what you DO than what you DON'T.

So, find healthy changes that work for you, and see what happens with your weight, and how you feel about it, and makes tweaks as required.

Good luck!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 AM   #7
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Pretty much what Tank Guy said. I'll just add that in the long run, continual small tweaks to make your lifestyle healthier can make more difference and be easier to sustain that sudden, large, changes. Cutting down on soda, preparing more of your own food (because there is a ton of salt and sugar in so much pre-prepared food), getting up to move around more often, walking farther, eating more vegetables... For the most part being healthy isn't a process of denial, but more about embracing things. There can be some denial, but but I think by far it is more about what you DO than what you DON'T.

So, find healthy changes that work for you, and see what happens with your weight, and how you feel about it, and makes tweaks as required.

Good luck!
"Tweaking" is good - I've just finished a course in educational leadership at which we learned the '15%' rule - the best, most sustained change is done by changing 15% of something at a time. Not more. We were all challenged to 'find your 15%', the 15% of things that you can make better this day, this week, this month. Once you've accomplished that 15%, then look for another 15%.