Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 08-23-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've only got about 2 months left in this forum I'm going to try to participate a little more before I move on.

Social Distortion-Ball and Chain (When I grow up, I want to be Mike Ness!)

The Romantics-What I Like About You

Depeche Mode-Personal Jesus

Peter Gabriel-Sledgehammer

Robert Palmer-Addicted to Love

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis

Last edited by daddyoh70; 08-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ARGHGHGHGHGHGHGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh It wouldnt let me rep the hell out of you for Blood and roses

ArGHghHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

One of the dentists at my job has this as her ring tone

Cowboy Mouth- Jenny Say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEfpoUuKFOY

Of course it's only right that this be followed by The Breeders- Cannonball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvkI9MTQw4

Oh and since Lilly brought up Patty Smyth
Berlin- No More Words
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIb9QUGjdIc

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 08-23-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #28
Fat_Angel

Fat_Angel can now change their title

Im an eternal duranie: Hungry Like the Wolf: Duran Duran: http://youtu.be/oOg5VxrRTi0.

But I also love:
Ant Music--Adam Ant: http://youtu.be/zmpVQ5ZomYA

Things Can Only Get Better: Howard Jones: http://youtu.be/-OO9LloDSJo
Fat_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #29
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Probably one of my favorite videos of all time

ONE STEP BEYOND!!!

Old 09-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Holy cow, the whole skating rink used to get up when this one came on....it was an awesome bounce skate!

Party Train- Gap Band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bACKLW19XdE

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 09-22-2013, 05:03 PM   #31
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A few that have stuck in my brain over the decades:

Spanish Eddie by Laura Branigan.

(Notice the Datsun pickup when Eddie jumps the wall...that's a throwback!)

And because one good fictitious Eddie deserves another:

On The Dark Side by Eddie And The Cruisers.

(or the "real" version, which is the exact same audio but you get to see John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band, who actually wrote and performed it. You may notice that the real sax player also showed up in the movie. After having seen the film so many times, though, this one just looks like a bunch of guys doing a really good cover version.)

And lastly, never let it be said that I don't give good Murray:

One Night In Bangkok by Murray Head. A great one to listen to on headphones (the dreadful pun was not intentional).

Last edited by FreeThinker; 09-22-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: I didn't "pickup" on Datsun of a beach truck the first time through.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #32
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Canadian Content:

If you recognize lyrics like:

Quote:
Well, I don't hate my parents
I don't get drunk just to spite them
I got my own reasons to drink now
I think I'll call my dad up and invite him!
and
Quote:
Adult sex is either boring or dirty
Young people, they can get away with murder
I don't write songs about girls anymore
I have to write songs about women
No more boy meets girl, boy loses girl
More like man tries to figure out what the Hell went wrong
and (my personal favorite)
Quote:
I can't take any more illicit drugs
I can't afford any artificial joy
I'd sure look like a fool dead in a ditch somewhere
With a mind full of chemicals
Like some cheese-eating high school boy
you'll know they're from:

I'm An Adult Now* by The Pursuit Of Happiness (written by lead vocalist Moe Berg).

Whilst digging that one up, I found this version.**

I remember the first video more, but is was the re-release (the Love Junk version) that I seem to remember hearing on the radio.

That song just gets more and more funny as I realize it becomes more and more true.

*the original 1986 video, shot in Toronto by The Pursuit Of Happiness [size="1"]

**from the 1998 re-recording of the song that appeared on the album Love Junk.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 PM   #33
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
A few that have stuck in my brain over the decades:

Spanish Eddie by Laura Branigan.

(Notice the Datsun pickup when Eddie jumps the wall...that's a throwback!)

And because one good fictitious Eddie deserves another:

On The Dark Side by Eddie And The Cruisers.

(or the "real" version, which is the exact same audio but you get to see John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band, who actually wrote and performed it. You may notice that the real sax player also showed up in the movie. After having seen the film so many times, though, this one just looks like a bunch of guys doing a really good cover version.)

And lastly, never let it be said that I don't give good Murray:

One Night In Bangkok by Murray Head. A great one to listen to on headphones (the dreadful pun was not intentional).
Have always loved On the Dark Side

Old 09-23-2013, 10:53 PM   #34
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post
Probably one of my favorite videos of all time

ONE STEP BEYOND!!!
What, you didn't mean this one?
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #35
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In the mid-80s I spent my last couple of years of high school living in France. They were just discovering music videos, so most of the videos from French bands was them playing on the same sound-stage at the one cable television station that was showing vidoes (they had a bunch of big, coloured, blocks that they’d re-arrange for each band to make it look a little different). I loved this song from the first time I heard it, and then it came out with a real video…..which is makes me laugh, because it so completely captures a lot of French attitudes of the time. Even if you don't understand french, it is a hoot to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AS0wPLnAhY
Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #36
daddyoh70
DYELB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
I must have been posting in my sleep again. That's exactly what I meant.
Thank you CleverBomb!

Old 10-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #37
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

I have 7 days left in this forum...

Also, I just realized Daddyoh posted it already but its too late to delete. Sorry.

Last edited by Sweetie; 10-04-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 AM   #38
daddyoh70
DYELB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
Robert Palmer - Addicted to Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcATvu5f9vE

I have 7 days left in this forum...

Also, I just realized Daddyoh posted it already but its too late to delete. Sorry.
No worries, that one was good enought to post twice. I'm right behind you too. I have a little less than a month left here. See you in the 50's forum Sweetie!

Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 AM   #39
daddyoh70
DYELB?

The Smithereens-Behind the Wall of Sleep Jersey music! I liked these guys way better than Bon Jovi.

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!!!

Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #40
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Whip It - Devo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIEVqFB4WUo

Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxAs3YZjcc
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #41
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NF6Qa84mno Duran Duran Planet Earth
Old 10-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #42
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post
The Smithereens-Behind the Wall of Sleep Jersey music! I liked these guys way better than Bon Jovi.

DON'T CLICK THIS LINK!!!
I tried like hell to rep you for The Smithereens

How about some Blood and Roses?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqML7WbOun8

The Breeders- Cannonball
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvkI9MTQw4

Cowboy Mouth - Jenny Says
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEfpoUuKFOY

Old 10-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #43
RVGleason

RVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this boardRVGleason carries a lot of weight on this board

Ian Hunter - 'All Of The Good Ones Are Taken', a parody of the movie 'Arthur' with Capt. Haggerty as Ian's butler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ati0xSkX-t8

David Bowie - 'Ashes To Ashes'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMThz7eQ6K0

Last edited by RVGleason; 10-08-2013 at 06:20 PM.
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #44
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

Great thread GEF. I'm glad to see several other fans of the old hard rock / metal on here. Here's a few of my favorite songs from the era:

Heart
Nothin' at all
(from 1985)

Roxette
Listen to your heart
(from 1988)

The Motels
Only the lonely
(from 1982)

Queensryche
Silent lucidity
(from 1990)

Last edited by waldo; 10-10-2013 at 10:14 PM. Reason: added dates of release
waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #45
SprocketRocket

SprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized rep

Roxette - The Look (1989)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlVI7ZNiFlI

And this video was revolutionary when it first came out - Dire Straits Money For Nothing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Also:

Meatloaf - I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Wont Do That)
11:54 ballad of the 90s.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-rJnnW3GiA
SprocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #46
waldo

waldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging inwaldo makes people happy simply by logging in

United Nations of '80s Hard Rock:

USA:
Cinderella (Philly)
Nobody's Fool
(1986)

Canada:
Bryan Adams (Vancouver)
Run to You
(1984)

Germany:
Scorpions
Big City Nights
(1984)

Britain / UK:
Def Leppard
Photograph
(1983)
Old 10-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #47
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Cinderlla fan, eh?

Here you go: Cinderella- Bad Seamstress Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1aA5bXDCId

Always loved the hell out of that guys voice.

This one too....

Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

Gawd Axl Rose made long hair and high pitch singing effing sexy on a man

How about some fire?

The Cult - Fire Woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qavSfl1jATU

Old 10-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
SprocketRocket

SprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized rep
Thumbs up I love this song.

Irene Cara - "Flashdance" (What A Feeling)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U

Classic.
SprocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #49
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprocketRocket View Post
Irene Cara - "Flashdance" (What A Feeling)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U

Classic.
Good pick- and it brings to mind this one.

Bette Davis Eyes- Kim Carnes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifDycyRNpcI

Old 10-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #50
waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Cinderlla fan, eh?

Here you go: Cinderella- Bad Seamstress Blues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm1aA5bXDCId

Always loved the hell out of that guys voice.

This one too....

Guns n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1tj2zJ2Wvg

Gawd Axl Rose made long hair and high pitch singing effing sexy on a man

How about some fire?

The Cult - Fire Woman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qavSfl1jATU
Yeah Tom Keifer and that whole group Cinderella are very underrated due to being lumped in with the 'hair metal' genre. But their mix of bluesy rock and metal is quite an achievement, and will stand the test of time. Another of their great bluesy hits from 1988:
Gypsy Road

The Cult is another highly underrated band. I like this one from 1987:
Wild Flower

Last edited by waldo; 10-13-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: typo
waldo is offline   Reply With Quote