Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 09-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default "Fat Father Syndrome"

I just wondering what everyone thinks about Coach's theory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...tTsdqLoI#t=61s
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #3
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I would say...

he's correct in as much as that we generally tend to get fatter. And fatter.

I mean, I think, as you get older, you'd actually at some point have to make a conscious decision just in order to stop getting fatter & fatter.

As far as ladies, from what I've seen in my own personal experience, I was at minimum markedly both bigger & fatter than all of the dads-of I've had the chance to formally meet. So, typically, I'd like to think that they'd reminded her of me?

Last edited by Yakatori; 09-02-2013 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added relevant video
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #4
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am definitely not trying to fuck my Dad. Hot dads, however, are totally game.
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nope! My dad wasn't skinny but neither was he big. An average sized, moderately athletic man. How typical!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #6
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paquito View Post
I am definitely not trying to fuck my Dad.
Well, it's not that. It's the idea that for a lot of people, their father is the first model for their idea of men/masculinity and, in the case of women, on a subconscious level, compare the men in their lives to him as a standard.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #7
~KawaiiFFA~
World Wide Web Warrior

~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics~KawaiiFFA~ does more than just post hot pics

I've heard this theory before and it's bunk, at least for me. My dad is extremely athletic. (Also an asshole, so I don't want anyone like him.)

Though there was a brief period in my childhood where he developed a pot belly and me and my brother used to slap it and say we were playing "the belly drums." I doubt that has anything to do with my attractions...at least I hope? Bleh, I'm gonna stop thinking about this now.

(As a side note, my brother is also an FA, and my uncle goes to BBW events and stuff, so I'm pretty positive it's somewhat genetic.)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #8
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KawaiiFFA~ View Post
I've heard this theory before and it's bunk, at least for me. My dad is extremely athletic. (Also an asshole, so I don't want anyone like him.)

Though there was a brief period in my childhood where he developed a pot belly and me and my brother used to slap it and say we were playing "the belly drums." I doubt that has anything to do with my attractions...at least I hope? Bleh, I'm gonna stop thinking about this now.

(As a side note, my brother is also an FA, and my uncle goes to BBW events and stuff, so I'm pretty positive it's somewhat genetic.)
Please don't ever slap my stomach and run away giggling "BELLY DRUMS!!!"
Old 09-03-2013, 11:55 AM   #9
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well...

...I can admit that I seem to end up dating men who are kind of similar to my father, personality-wise. I certainly don't do this on purpose, it just kind of happens. However none of them have been similar to my father in terms of appearance.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #10
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My Dad's a fat guy, more so as he's gotten older, but he's always had a big belly since I can remember. He's still one of the nicest looking men I know, so there's that too I guess. And he's blue collar.

Those are normally factors I search out as well. Who knows, eh?
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've had someone send me this video before, after asking a few times what my Dad looks like.

My dad's always been in good shape/athletic. In fact, he's actually pretty derogatory towards fat people ...which of course works out splendidly for me.

As for personality...I'm actually pretty similar to my dad, and I don't think I tend towards guys who are really like him. Time to over-analyze this in my head instead of actually doing something productive!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
The Dark Lady
Got some dark desire?

The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!The Dark Lady has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I've had someone send me this video before, after asking a few times what my Dad looks like.

My dad's always been in good shape/athletic. In fact, he's actually pretty derogatory towards fat people ...which of course works out splendidly for me.

As for personality...I'm actually pretty similar to my dad, and I don't think I tend towards guys who are really like him. Time to over-analyze this in my head instead of actually doing something productive!
Every time I don't feel like articulating a complete response to something, you almost always come along and scare the crap out of me by posting my exact thoughts in almost precisely the same words I would've chosen. It's as unsettling as it is convenient, yay!
The Dark Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #13
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't think I look for men because my dad was fat, I look for men who have his traits. My dad taught me lots of stuff, having worked in the corporate world it's hard to find a man that does the things he did/taught me. I was lucky to learn carpentry, auto-mechanical work, welding, masonry, and general Mexican-ness. I don't care if the guy is fat or not, but he better be handy as fuck.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 AM   #14
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
Every time I don't feel like articulating a complete response to something, you almost always come along and scare the crap out of me by posting my exact thoughts in almost precisely the same words I would've chosen. It's as unsettling as it is convenient, yay!
Kiss her!!![/drunk asshole across the street]
Old 09-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #15
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

He did a great job, you're the best Mexican I know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
general Mexican-ness
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #16
Archetypus

Archetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized repArchetypus has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
Kiss her!!![/drunk asshole across the street]
Archetypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:10 AM   #17
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Lady View Post
I'm claiming the combination of unsettling and convenient, and will use it whenever asked to describe myself. That being said...I'm not sure I can take the pressure of reading your mind every time I go to post. I can only disappoint from here D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetypus View Post
Kiss him!!![/entirely sober, but a total perv]
Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #18
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:
I'm claiming the combination of unsettling and convenient, and will use it whenever asked to describe myself. That being said...I'm not sure I can take the pressure of reading your mind every time I go to post. I can only disappoint from here D:

Kiss me!!! [/entirely sober and not wearing pants, but is wearing socks.]
Old 09-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Quote:
That's different, women aren't turned on by guys getting it on!

Wait, that's true for all women, right?

Archetypus, don't stray far - just in case...
Old 09-04-2013, 04:23 PM   #20
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
That's different, women aren't turned on by guys getting it on!
ORLY?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YaoiFangirl

Though, there may be very little of it that appeals to FFAs.
Large guys are scarce in anime/manga. Those that exist are usually ugly, depraved, evil or some combination thereof.

Last edited by tankyguy; 09-04-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:51 AM   #21
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think people like nice simple explanations for things, and something so obvious which is no doubt sometimes true in part makes for a convenient explanation for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the tangle that is actual human sexuality.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

As with most behavioural things, there is no such thing as the absolute truth - there are only patterns and tendencies.

And there is a proven trend that about 2/3 of all children follow the pattern their parents set them. That would mean a significant proportion of women, not all, who have a physically big father might subconsciously look for that trait in their partners too.

There are intervening variables though - some children consciously look for the exact opposite of what their parents set as an example, for all sorts of reasons: Plain protest or harmful or perceived as such consequences or parental behavior being the most common ones.

A larger portion of the 'deviators' though is steered away from the parental role model because of simply strongly diverging external factors: Very different circumstances and opportunities in life, either much higher or lower educational and social strata, etc.

Bottom line - if you as a BHM see a woman you're interested in with her father and he's a BHM too, then your chances are statistically 2:1 that she'll be more open to your size than not.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #23
tankyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
Bottom line - if you as a BHM see a woman you're interested in with her father and he's a BHM too, then your chances are statistically 2:1 that she'll be more open to your size than not.
Because I'm totally going to hit on someone when their father is there...
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #24
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Because I'm totally going to hit on someone when their father is there...
Why not? The only way it'd be a problem would be if you're really shit at it.

Also, I love Agouderia's posts. They're always so well thought out.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #25
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My dad has been, for most of his life what people call 'husky' or heavy, solid and fit because he had jobs that required a lot of physical labor. My mom was a BBW and much of our extended family were all big people, so upon entering the world, my viewpoint was that everyone was fat. Fat was normal. Thin was the anomaly. I also thought everyone loved me and in fact, on the same day both delusions were shattered and my childhood was over. Still, my softest warmest memories with my dad, the images are; big, warm, enveloping, safe, secure, able to pick me up and hold me. These are all things that to this day are ways I describe my ideal man.

If there were a room full of big, husky, or beefy guys and thin angular guys, I'm going to look at the big guys first. However, that's just where my eye wanders. How someone treats me, how well-adjusted he is, etc., is more important than anything. I've said this in other threads but in my personal experience with BHM, they either ignore me or am outright hostile so I've stopped approaching them or flirting with them. Men here give the same reasons why BBW give, so I won't rehash it. Ex-spouse was average weight. Most men I've dated were average weight. I've never been intimate with a BHM but have had some romantic encounters that I'd hoped would pan and hadn't. I still like fat boys even if I haven't found one that likes me just as much.

This thread has made me sad but not because of anything posted here. More reminiscing and regret on my part that things just didn't work out with some wonderful men.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 09-05-2013 at 06:59 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote