Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
LaylaDiamond
Nox

LaylaDiamond can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLaylaDiamond can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Talking Fat Cosplay! <3

<.<...>.> Super Awkward. I put this in the wrong thread before (multiple tabs open... Oops)... so if someone could delete it. Its down in ChitChat XD

===

Hello! I am Nox. I know my username on here is LaylaDiamond but I just realized how much that sounds like a stripper name and I wish I could change it. Anyway! I was watching "Heroes of Cosplay" earlier tonight with my roommate and they started discussing fat cosplayers... and... it was portrayed in such a light that I almost felt ashamed that I wanted to go to MegaCon this year.

My roommate and I have been tossing ideas back and forth (I think I'm going to turn him into Princess Peach) so I was (before this episode) really excited. Anyway, I know the risks of dressing as a character when you're fat (and they're not) so I was going to try to detract from that by being a fat character. How can you make fun of someone for being fat when they're dressed as... *drum roll* FAT PRINCESS!

But... now I'm getting all of these exciting ideas for characters that actually mean something to me. Rutela, the Deku Princess, anything from Sailor Moon (I've seriously debated on human Luna), Paine from Final Fantasy X-2 (in one of her AMAZING dress spheres), fuck.. there are so many. Rosa from FF4. A humanoid Epona would be pretty great too (if done right), and any number of pokemon... but the idea of getting attacked is starting to out weigh my love of all things geeky and nerdy. It's gotten to the point where I'm just like "... or I could go as... Snorlax...". I DON'T WANT TO BE SNORLAX! No. No. No. No nononononono. I want to be pretty and flowy. I want to get my fat ass into a corset and show off how much I want to love myself. I want to fake the most confidence EVER! But... I can't do that alone.

What I'm trying to say... is I want to bring the beautiful to fat cosplay and I want to bring all of my fellow fat <insert fandom here>s with me! Yes. We have "Fuck Yeah, Fat Cosplay" which is GREAT! Don't get me wrong but it hasn't been active in three months. THREE MONTHS! I think we should band together! Make amazing costumes, maybe hang out at some cons... yaknow? We need to support each other. We need to be so bad ass that all they can say is "Oh... well they're fat". YES WE ARE, DAMMIT!! We are fat. We are accurate. And we are awesome!

Anyone with me? Or am I talking to myself? I think I'm talking to myself.

~Nox

P.S. FAs are Welcome.... and encouraged to join this discussion. It helps to feel good about yourself when you're showered in appreciation and compliments. :P
LaylaDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote