Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #1
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep
Default City Island

I don't know how I missed this movie but here are some interesting clips that probably show a pretty normal FA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jybcpsW9QNU
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:38 AM   #2
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

No, that's a feeder.
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Still looks like a really cute film.
love handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I also think there is a difference between enjoying watching fat people eating and being a feeder.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

“FA” and “feeder” really don’t come close to accurately describing the range of people who have some sort of preference for fat and/or gaining and/or enthusiastic eating. Aside from the fact that we don’t have a way to address if the person in question – let’s call them ‘F’ – only likes this in a romantic partner, or likes seeing it in other people they’d generally consider sexually attractive, or a likes seeing it in people in general (in a non-erotic way) or likes it on themselves…..these terms also don’t come close to addressing all the possible likes/preferences/fetish points/hot-buttons.

Off the top of my head, a partial list:
- Liking the general largeness of a fat person
- Liking the change of shape that comes with being fat
- Liking the softness of fat
- Liking particular body parts when they are exaggerated by fat (breasts, bum, thighs, etc)
- Liking particular features that only/mostly show up when a person is sufficiently fat (belly hang, cankles, cellulite, etc)
- Like the taboo breaking associated with embracing fat in our society
- Like the greater taboo breaking associated with deliberately getting fatter in our society
- Likes the greater weight of a fat person
- Likes the implied/assumed loss of control associated with weight gain (or with simply being fat)
- Likes the implied/assumed lack of fitness of fat people
- Likes the informal social power and/or sense of security of being with a fatter partner (assuming F feels he/she has greater romantic prospects)
- Likes feeling more physically capable than their partner (either self-esteem boost and/or as a source of power)
- Likes feeling helpless underneath (or just around) the bulk of their partner
- Likes the intimacy of feeding their partner
- Likes the control aspects of feeding their partner (and/or over-feeding them)
- Finds the excess of getting truly stuffed to be erotic
- Gets turned on by the excess of things like funnel feeding, weight gain shakes, or generally eating calories far beyond what is needed
- Likes the implied loss of power or control of someone fat enough that getting around is difficult
- Likes the implied power or strength of a large partner (especially if they get around well)
- Admires enjoyment of sensual pleasures—either specific (eating, being soft) or in general
- Associates enjoying sensual pleasures of any sort with enjoying the sensuality of sex, such that eating good food or wearing silk have a ‘foreplay’ feeling to them
- Likes serving a partner, and one who eats a lot provides lots of opportunities to serve, as does one with mobility limitations
- Associates other desirable personality traits with fatness (kindness, gentleness, intelligence, or whatever)
- Associates generally undesirable personality traits with fatness, but is erotically attracted to those traits (laziness, greed, gluttony, lack of self-discipline, etc)

I think most people in the FA or feeder space would have at least one, and usually more than one, of those traits, in varying degrees of strength. Some of those on their own would not be enough to probably cause someone to be labelled as such (say, a lover of big breasts who doesn’t mind if a busty woman is also fat so long as a lot of the fat is in her breasts, is not that uncommon I think, but not what most people would call an FA).

So, what exactly is an FA or a feeder? I would suggest that trying to accurately pigeon-hole a fictional character, especially when the fiction doesn’t reveal inner thoughts, would be challenging.

ETA: not trying to bash anyone here, just suggesting that the terminology is vague/inadequate enough that arguing about it usually comes down to how each of us define the terms, and we don't all define them in the same way.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
love handles

wow! Awesome list. I certainly can tick off quite a few boxes there. I wonder how a list of finding thinness attractive would go?. I can't think of nearly as many 'hot buttons' as you put it. *Like that saying* Maybe I am biased or maybe there is more opportunity for fat people to be fetishized? IDK
I agree that terms like FA/Feeder/Fat fetishist/enjoy-er of fat people/partner of fat person who happens to like their body can't be explained in black and white terms as everyone is so different. I am actually reluctant to describe my sexuality in terms of anything because I never know what might surprisingly turn me on next.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #7
Durin

Durin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized repDurin has super-sized rep

Maybe he is a feeder, is that a BAD THING in a mutually consenting adult relationship.

I don't know but don't you think FA's have a tough enough time as it is without blanket being labeled a FEEDER because they happen to enjoy looking at fat women and enjoy watching them enjoy themselves at the table.
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The thing is that feeder and FA aren't mutually exclusive. Or inclusive.

The character in the movie is MEANT to be a feeder, not necessarily a FA, if that makes sense. It's not a 'something wrong with that' but more that people naturally like to label things. There are other threads here that discuss the movie so when you're bored you might want to see other peoples' take on it too.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:37 AM   #9
love handles

Perhaps the character in the film acts like the writer of the script imagines guys who like fat women behave. That's a possibility too.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #10
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club

PlumpLin just bought a DVD copy of the movie at a bargain place. We plan to see it this weekend.

RV
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote