Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 07-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
lipmixgirl
Mayor of Fatopia

lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Exclamation The Hysterical Adventures of The Big Apple in The Big Apple!

For those who know me, the fun NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ends, especially when it comes to championing size acceptance and understanding... Thus, I share with you now my story of going out with the NYC Big Beautiful Women Meetup Group last week (www.meetup.com join or create your own local SA group!) . July's meetup was my first time out and meeting all of the lovely ladies.

The story is as follows:

Lyn, the group organizer, had ordered a pie for the table to share. When I announced that I was going to go to the counter to buy a slice, Lyn graciously offered that I have a piece already purchased. For those of you who do not know the set up of the tables at Familigia, there are 2 rows of tables that can be moved together for large groups (i.e. the table set up looks like this: = ) 2 parallel rows. Well, the place was packed and I attempted to get up and maneuver through the crowd. There were just too many people to attempt to squeeze through. I looked down and noticed a table of 2 thin women and a toddler having pizza... The lady who was facing me was doing all she could to hold back bellowing laughter by emitting small fits of giggles. I mean, how funny is it that the fat girl can't fit, right?

That is where the fun begins. I looked at her and said "Yes, it is funny isn't it. By all means go ahead and laugh!" To which she looked at me in a state of disbelief. The conversation went something like this:

Skinny: "So are you having a meeting? What kind of meeting are you having?"
Aris: "Yes, it is a meeting for fat girls!"
Skinny: "NO!"
Aris: "YES!, turn around and take a look for yourself! We are all fat!"
Skinny: ::look of utter disbelief and horror:: "So do you come out often?"
Aris: "Well, yes we enjoy congregating. We're EVERYWHERE!"
Skinny: "So is it a support group? A weight loss group?"
Aris: "Heavens NO! We like being fat, we love ourselves, and we like socializing!"
Skinny: "Well good for you!"
Aris: "Have a nice evening."

I also want to mention that I scared the table of suits sitting next to the ladies. These were young 20-30something men who were intently evesdropping, and were they ever in a state of befuddlement.... I mean when you hear a fat girl exclaim "NO! We like being fat!", you know many heads will turn amidst the surreal confusion...

the big apple has spoken...

::exeunt::

"never argue with the mothers..." Shivs

The Big Apple in The Big Apple...

"Do your Fat Civic Duty daily!"
-
Aris - Mayor of Fatopia

condom faerie, panty faerie, bikini faerie, adipositivity faerie, snack faerie...
aris - bringing fat happiness to you...

lipmixgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wish I could have been there, I like apple pie and ice cream.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:22 AM   #3
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Thank God I'm not the only person distracted by the mention of food.

Great story; good for you, toots.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:33 AM   #4
love dubh
douchebag reform school

love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!love dubh has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Great job. I, for one, love pointing out to people when they're being rude by being sarcastic. It's good craic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Stewart
Yes, in the Brownback family we teach that boys have a god stick and girls have a shame cave.
Manny: yeah but i could be patient zero to a rabies epidemic
Manny: rabies is as close to zombification as we can get
love dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
The Obstreperous Ms. J
Omniscient Minority

The Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions communityThe Obstreperous Ms. J is a pillar of the Dimensions community

those guys were just checking to see if they can take a bite out of that forbidden fruit.

Work it out, sistah girl!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:45 PM   #6
GeorgeNL

GeorgeNL does more than just post hot picsGeorgeNL does more than just post hot picsGeorgeNL does more than just post hot pics

Great story, and I love that spirit!

This sentence "we love being fat", reminds me of an artist we had in our little town when I was a kid. I've seen her several times at expositions. She painted mainly all kinds of birds. She was a quite a big BBW, but on her dress she often had a brooche with the text "I love being fat" and "it feels good to be fat". Artists are always a little ahead of their time I think.
GeorgeNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:28 PM   #7
saucywench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmixgirl
For those who know me, the fun NEVER, NEVER, NEVER ends, especially when it comes to championing size acceptance and understanding... Thus, I share with you now my story of going out with the NYC Big Beautiful Women Meetup Group last week (www.meetup.com join or create your own local SA group!) . July's meetup was my first time out and meeting all of the lovely ladies.

The story is as follows:

Lyn, the group organizer, had ordered a pie for the table to share. When I announced that I was going to go to the counter to buy a slice, Lyn graciously offered that I have a piece already purchased. For those of you who do not know the set up of the tables at Familigia, there are 2 rows of tables that can be moved together for large groups (i.e. the table set up looks like this: = ) 2 parallel rows. Well, the place was packed and I attempted to get up and maneuver through the crowd. There were just too many people to attempt to squeeze through. I looked down and noticed a table of 2 thin women and a toddler having pizza... The lady who was facing me was doing all she could to hold back bellowing laughter by emitting small fits of giggles. I mean, how funny is it that the fat girl can't fit, right?

That is where the fun begins. I looked at her and said "Yes, it is funny isn't it. By all means go ahead and laugh!" To which she looked at me in a state of disbelief. The conversation went something like this:

Aris: "Heavens NO! We like being fat, we love ourselves, and we like socializing!"

I also want to mention that I scared the table of suits sitting next to the ladies. These were young 20-30something men who were intently evesdropping, and were they ever in a state of befuddlement.... I mean when you hear a fat girl exclaim "NO! We like being fat!", you know many heads will turn amidst the surreal confusion...

You should've punked Skinny with a nice cream pie.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 AM   #8
Rainahblue

Rainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging inRainahblue makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmixgirl

The story is as follows:

Okay, so what happened with the pie?
Rainahblue is offline   Reply With Quote