Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 01-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default XL or XXL?

For the guys 240-250lbs+, do you wear XL or XXL size shirts/tops/t-shirts?
I've had an issue wearing XXL tops because the fabric hangs too loose on me. Meanwhile, I'm outgrowing some of the XL tops that used to be a bit baggy on me. What's your take on the subject of tops?
biggirlluvher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:48 PM   #2
joh

joh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesjoh can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I wear XL. However, it is common for some XL's to fit a bit too small, some to fit a bit too large, and some to fit just right. So I have found, given how large the variance is within a size, e.g. 'XL', it is more more important for me to find shirts (and really, clothing in general) that are fitted properly to my body type. It just unfortunately requires a bit more patience when shopping.
joh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I have been wearing XXL for some time now. Since I reached 250 all the weigh up to 305lbs. I am 280 lbs. now and most XXL shirts fit fine although I wear 3XL pajamas and I have a jacket which is also 3XL. Sometimes clothing manufacturers switch suppliers and XXL shirts that use to fit, no longer do. I had that problem with XXL shirts I received for Christmas from Eddie Bauer.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:10 AM   #4
Saxphon

Saxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going onSaxphon knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm at 6'4" and weigh around 300 - I'm more of a XXXLT kinda guy. The "T" helps to keep my shirts long enough, so as not expose my mid section while reaching for things above my head. Some places offer XLT and XXLT, for gentlemen that need a longer shirt.
Saxphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #5
dblbellybhm
Live, Learn, Grow

dblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot picsdblbellybhm does more than just post hot pics

I moved up to XXL in cotton knits and microfiber. They are comfortable plus they give me room to grow.
dblbellybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 02:01 AM   #6
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

Up to the XXL. ...
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

When I was just over 250 Lbs. i bought several XXL T shirts because my XL were kind of obnoxiously tight. But the more I thought about it and looked at myself the XXL made me look more "sloppy Fat" if you know what I mean? They were bagger in my arms but showed a slight tightening around my middle making me look way more dumpy and out of shape.

I decided to stretch out my XL T shirts I had vigorously for 5-10 minutes before I put them on and I tended to like the look better on me. I looked like a more muscular Fat guy with a big Beach Ball gut with my T shirt straining to the max...but I thought it looked better. It was really good when I found the right new T shirt in XL that had not been washed many times yet. I think I would need to be in the 265+ Lb. range for me to have to go to XXL for me to accept the look. Don't get me wrong I am sure many people would think I needed a XXL at 250 Lbs. because of my big gut stretching the fabric .....I just didn't like the look.

On a different note it is crazy when I hold up a XXL or even a XL T shirt in the store and see how big it look's to realize it is so snug when I try it on.

On another note as well.....how about when you measure your waist and it say's 42" around the smallest part real low....but you are wearing size 26" and 38" jeans and slacks. Obviously there is a nice Big belly overhang but it is crazy to think about all that belly you can fit in there. Funny thing is my wife has been wearing the same size designer jeans for several years even after she has gained 20-30 Lbs. I estimate but somehow she stuffs all her belly into them and gets them zipped up....although leaving a huge muffin top squeezing out the top and her thighs and ass are straining the jean material something fierce. I guess it allows her to tell her friends she stills wears the same size jeans.
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 10:05 AM   #8
voluptuouslover

voluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot picsvoluptuouslover does more than just post hot pics

typo...I meant 36" - 38"!
voluptuouslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 01:09 PM   #9
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Agree with you on the big belly overhang. At my heaviest, my belly measured 61" but I could still comfortably wear Size 54" slacks. I kind of liked having my huge belly out front and prominent. It felt good.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #10
chubbynate
Chubbynate

chubbynate has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggirlluvher View Post
For the guys 240-250lbs+, do you wear XL or XXL size shirts/tops/t-shirts?
I've had an issue wearing XXL tops because the fabric hangs too loose on me. Meanwhile, I'm outgrowing some of the XL tops that used to be a bit baggy on me. What's your take on the subject of tops?
When I reached 235 pounds my XL shirts had reached their limit. They were starting to get tight across the back and when I took a deep breath I could feel the shirt tighten up around my belly. A tight shirt makes me sweat and feel uncomfortable. I'm still in those old XL shirts of mine because I unexpectedly dropped weight after a surgery. So once I get close to 240 again, I'll be moving up to XXL.
chubbynate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:05 AM   #11
finallyfat

finallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesfinallyfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

6' 2" & over 240 something now.

I've always been an XLT wearer during my adult life when I weighed between 190 & 215. I've zoomed to today's size over the past few years. FA karma- we all realize that how can we love her fat without becoming fat ourselves? Does an FA not love fat? All fat.

If a guy calling himself an "FA" doesn't eventually grow fat- he isn't really an FA at all.

So, now that I'm growing quickly fat my XL's are becoming snug at my belly and hips. I stretch them out furiously before wearing now or I look like a sausage with a plump belly-button. Which I like!

I enjoy all the cues my fat signals me with through it's pushing out, swelling up, folding, and jiggling within a tightened and soft cotton garment. I love the reflections I see of me. XLT's for now. They're stretched out and comfy.

Oh, important- I always, always tuck in my Tees. I hate sloppy fat guys. Knock that off, you slobs. Fat and neat looks good. Sloppy fat is for losers who give the rest of us a bad rap.

Eating a cherry pie for breakfast. Gonna continue my big eat. Watching my progress pictures, I'm headed for XXLT soon.
finallyfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 04:07 PM   #12
Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJerry Thomas can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
I weigh about 280 with a 52 inch waist and I can't wear anything smaller than XXL - I don't even look at XL when I go shopping. The only exception is that I have a few XL "body shirts" from Aldi that are made of a polyester or spandex-type stretchy material and meant for people who are jogging or otherwise exercising (insert big smiley face here!). I wear them at home for comfort, but when I go out, unless I am especially daring, I usually put on an outer t-shirt, as they are a little too "revealing" of my fat boobs and belly (although my wife says I look "nice").
Jerry Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #13
Potatodragon

Potatodragon has said some nice things

I love it when larger guys wear fitted shirts / tshirts ^.^ Baggy is not a good look :S
Potatodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:48 AM   #14
Tom the pig 8

Tom the pig 8 can now change their title

I am 5' 10" and only weigh 265, but my belly and moobs are oversize. The best tee shirts for me are the Sonoma 3XLB. They have room for my belly, but they fit well on my shoulders too. Most 3xl tee shirts will have shoulders that hang half way down to my elbows, and I hate that look.
Tom the pig 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:26 PM   #15
ShakesSphere

ShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesShakesSphere can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

8XL. Just below the biggest size available from the King Size catalog. My waist is 69 standing and 74 sitting, according to my girlfriend and seamstress.
ShakesSphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 05:35 PM   #16
Teach

Teach has said some nice things

XXL shirts. 42 pants. I am 6'1" 260ish.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #17
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I find it interesting.. when women dress, you put out pants where they belong, at the waist (unless it is low-rise). However, men with bellies never wear their pants at the waist. They always measure below the belly. Why is that?
Old 06-01-2016, 07:34 AM   #18
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

take a belt, now buckle it around the middle of a volleyball, then dribble it for a while, and see if the belt stays in place.

For fat guys the narrowest point, i.e. where you can get pants to stay in place, is, from my experience and observations, just above the butt in back and down under the belly in front (even with that 'droop' it is still a shorter path around than any other placement)

For me I can have the trousers just above the butt then buckle it into the fat on the lower slope of my stomach enough that they'll mostly stay in place, but I have to tighten my belt a notch or two for any serious walking (then loosen it off when I go to sit if I don't want to cause myself pain), but that only works for me because while I have a firm ball belly in the upper part, there is softer fat on the lower belly, enough to tighten the belt in to the point that it will stay.

That point is still lower than the traditional trousers point, but up that high won't stay in place at all, it is essentially a little below the equator of the 'ball' part of my belly, so will slip down every time.

Women generally have more hips, bringing their narrowest point higher up their body, although I'm sure that there are some who have this same issue if they are all belly, narrow hipped, and have more of a firm ball belly -- but I think that combo is relatively rare on women.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:20 AM   #19
lucca23v2
Curves for miles

lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!lucca23v2 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I completely forgot about the whole hip to waist ration. I keep forgetting that women tend to have more hips than men. So I can see why men chose to wear their pants under their bellies.
Old 06-01-2016, 09:05 AM   #20
Tom the pig 8

Tom the pig 8 can now change their title

Suspenders are really the best way to keep pants up on a fat man.
Tom the pig 8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 11:40 AM   #21
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Honestly, when you look at our anatomy as a gender, then throw in how we carry extra weight, for general use (non-laboring type situations), could we just bring back medieval robes?

I think this would fit BHM nicely: http://www.medieval-market.com/detai...&menu=male.php

I don't really expect this to happen, but I have literally worn a hole in a pair of jeans at the point where I hitched them up all of the time, so a guy can dream....
Old 06-02-2016, 04:30 AM   #22
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Baha, love it Tad!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:27 PM   #23
dan

dan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized repdan has super-sized rep

270 6 ft 2X
dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:44 AM   #24
biggirlluvher

biggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbiggirlluvher can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom the pig 8 View Post
Suspenders are really the best way to keep pants up on a fat man.
Do ladies find suspenders sexy on a big guy?
Old 01-08-2017, 10:09 AM   #25
biggirlluvher

I bought a XXL football jersey a while ago. I wore it yesterday and it was quote the experience. My belly felt the most free in clothing in a long time. I actually felt how big my belly is too. I felt ready to eat a lot and not worry about the shirt constricting me. I did eat a lot I'm considering reducing my wardrobe to the more XXL fitting tops because XL isn't fitting well on me anymore. Have any of you guys done that as well?