Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #1
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Going new recipe mental!!

I decided I was tired of all the food I make so thought I would expand my repertoire and make some stuff I had never made before.
Tonight I am making a fish pie (NO idea why I had never made this before!)
Tomorrow sweet and sour chicken.
At some point during the week I will make a tuna casserole!! I know it's totally boring but I had never actually made one.

Anyone else having any food adventures? Making something new or something they haven't made in a while? Changing recipes to suit your own tastes?

Share your foodee adventures. I will let you know how my new dishes came out!
love handles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love Thai, but the only thing I've ever attempted is Pad Thai. And it wasn't really Pad Thai because I a) didn't have the sauce b) I didn't have chopped peanuts.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Sweetie
Where is the Love?

Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweetie has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am baking Proscuitto and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Marinara in the oven right now. I'm bringing it to a potluck tomorrow in PA. Celebrating my 50th birthday with childhood friends. It smells really good.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I love Thai, but the only thing I've ever attempted is Pad Thai. And it wasn't really Pad Thai because I a) didn't have the sauce b) I didn't have chopped peanuts.

"To make a prairie it takes one clover and a bee,
A clover, and one bee, and reverie.
The reverie alone will do
If bees are few."
--Emily Dickinson

I am sure this also works with chopped peanuts.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:58 AM   #5
love handles

love handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslove handles can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well my fish pie was delicious (If I say so myself!) though I didn't really like the texture of the boiled eggs in there so the next time I make it I will be tweaking the recipe and the eggs will be gone! hehe
Old 10-19-2013, 06:37 AM   #6
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love handles View Post
Well my fish pie was delicious (If I say so myself!) though I didn't really like the texture of the boiled eggs in there so the next time I make it I will be tweaking the recipe and the eggs will be gone! hehe
I'm curious about this pie. Could you describe it further or post the recipe?
Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 AM   #7
love handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm curious about this pie. Could you describe it further or post the recipe?
I used this recipe (It seemed the most simple!) but because most of the other recipes used sliced boiled egg and parsley I sort of improvised and added those too. I guess instead of the prawns which my partner hates!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/mu...fish_pie_43141

I ate it two days in a row but apparently if you don't put the eggs in you can freeze it. I didn't really like the eggs so I may do this in the future!