Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #1
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep
Exclamation unpopular opinions thread

here's mine: i have a dumbphone and have no intention of ever getting a smartphone/data plan.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #2
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

I currently have an iPhone with a small data plan (like 300mb or something) but seeing as how I never use it for internet purposes, and the fact that it annoys the hell out of me compared to my old Samsung (for various reasons), I've been thinking about nixing the plan altogether and going back to the old system. I've noticed though, that (at least with my provider) there didn't seem to be many options for non-smart phones anymore the last time I checked (i.e. phones that don't require a data plan, period.) And the few that do, have a higher out-of-pocket initial expense. I wouldn't be surprised to see them fade to oblivion entirely in the not so distant future =/.

All that said, I'm with you in sharing this "unpopular opinion", all the way. With all the phones I've owned over the years, this smart phone has been the most disappointing and the extra price for a service I don't even use only adds insult to injury.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

I can't read ebooks on a tablet. I want a real book to hold in my hands and put on a shelf when I'm finished it.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckee View Post
I can't read ebooks on a tablet. I want a real book to hold in my hands and put on a shelf when I'm finished it.
<3 <3 <3 <3
Old 11-23-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't like kids. I find them irritating as hell.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #6
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have a dumbphone but I hardly ever use it and don't even know where it is most of the time because I don't see the point in mobile phones and don't like being so easy to contact.

I also don't like kids. They are annoying as hell.

And here is my most unpopular opinion... I feel no sympathy for the girl that was bitten to death by her family pet. 1. She is dead, she doesn't appreciate the sympathy. 2. The sympathy would be for her family but if they are stupid enough to leave a four year old in a room alone unsupervised with a large dog they picked up from the shelter the week before, it is their own stupid fault this happened. 99% of dog attacks are the fault of the person rather than the dog. Especially children, most of whom are like my uncle's kids and spend their lives pulling, poking, hitting and generally harassing the dog for months before it finally snaps. I also hate the 'there were no warning signs' crap. There are always warning signs before a dog bites somebody. If you are too stupid and ignorant to read them and still decide to leave your child alone with the dog, I have no sympathy for you.

*waits for the boos*
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:55 AM   #7
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I really hate sleeping, I'm only cool with it whenever someone is laying next to me. My batteries recharge with 3 hours of sleep and I'm good to go for another 20 hour stretch.

Christmas music is only acceptable in the month of December. Same thing goes for Christmas lights.

Mother's day can suck a bag of dicks.
Old 11-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #8
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Talking My granny calls it 'being tight as an owl'

Most people give themselves way too much credit for being pleasant and lovable when they're really drunk. The people that know how to be agreeably uninhibited (it exists!) are pretty few and far between. Silly-drunk people are as annoying to me as children are to some of you

Different strokes though. No judgement, just my unpopular opinion

Last edited by ODFFA; 11-23-2013 at 01:24 AM.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #9
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
Christmas music is only acceptable in the month of December.
I still think that might be giving it too much time.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #10
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil BigginZ View Post
Christmas music is only acceptable in the month of December. Same thing goes for Christmas lights.
i get so angry when i hear xmas music and commercials before my birthday (nov 10). that's way too early. US thanksgiving should be the legal limit.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:17 AM   #11
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckee View Post
Same. I have never made it through an e-book. My mind just shuts off when I look at a screen.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #12
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's mine: Pinterest is dumb, and boring.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #13
JASmith
Godless heathen

JASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJASmith can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Religions are b.s. schemes made to subjugate the weak minded, and pacify the strong willed.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

People who think religion is stupid give themselves way too much credit.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch! View Post
People who think religion is stupid give themselves way too much credit.
I agree with this.

I also feel people who judge others based on their religious morals, and in turn don't follow those morals to the rigid code that they hold others to, are the worst kind of people.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:55 PM   #16
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Any sort of minimum wage requirement should be abolished.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:58 PM   #17
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bremerton View Post
here's mine: i have a dumbphone and have no intention of ever getting a smartphone/data plan.
Has anyone else but me noticed that as phones get "smarter", they get to be worse at "being phones", that is, with every new version of a smart phone, the sound quality becomes poorer and dropouts (including lost calls) become more frequent.

A friend of mine was so proud to get an iPhone 5s on its first day of release - since then, I call him on his landline!
Old 11-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #18
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

There should be a maximum wage.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:42 PM   #19
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

I'm not falling for this again.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #20
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Jar Jar wasn't some turning point that ruined Star Wars forever.

That happened years before when Lucas retroactively had Luke open-mouth-kiss his sister.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:48 AM   #21
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Charity appeal posters on trains. I hate them. I don’t have any issue with donating some change to any charity but the “ text hobo to 66089 and donate £3” one really make me angry.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #22
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

I love my smart phone.
I hate TexMex cuisine.
I'm sceptical of so-called true love.
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
MrSensible
Welcome to Moonside.

MrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging inMrSensible makes people happy simply by logging in

Aside from Heath Ledger's awesome contribution, I wasn't a huge fan of "The Dark Knight."
Old 11-25-2013, 10:22 PM   #24
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The War on Christmas is failing because we lack resolve.
Saying "Happy Holidays" and restricting Nativity displays on public property isn't working -- they've even broken through the line of Halloween!

Christmas lights show up quite well on drone cameras. I'm just sayin'.
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:09 AM   #25
freakyfred
\_(O_o)_/

freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!freakyfred has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rose Tyler was a bad character. She was fine in Series 1 but when she gets all lovey dovey with Ten, it's out of place. She would have been a stronger character if she had died in Doomsday. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End story was the worst thing to happen in Doctor Who.

Yes that includes the Myrka.
freakyfred is offline   Reply With Quote